Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2018, 04:33 PM

57,291 posts, read 26,206,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I wonder if their would be the same outcry if it was an illegal alien working in the California fields with children in our public schools in this situation. He's not a citizen, he didn't even have a green card, he had an O Visa and temporary residence for up to 3 years. And yes, it is a horrible murder but horrible murders of non-US citizens happen every day and no one here (in the US) gets their panties in a twist over those murders enough to change US foreign policy. He held an O visa meaning he's not entitled to US protection. According to this article below, if he got into trouble while traveling abroad our embassy would have directed him to the embassy of his citizenship. Read it if you want to know what the law is.

https://qz.com/1428499/jamal-khashog...-constitution/
Ridiculous comparison, this was an organized murder by top government officials from SA. If that doesn't make your case how about the 85,000 children that starved in Yemen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2018, 06:15 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,818,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
And yet, I don't see you demanding they are held accountable for those 3,000 American deaths, even though 15 of the 19 terrorists were Saudis. Why do the Saudis get a pass when they murder people, whether they are America citizens or American residents?
Actually, my entire history of posting on this forum has said consistently that the US should stop its relations with Saudi Arabia, that the country is the greatest threat to peace, freedom, and civilized way of life, we should stop all weapons shipments and support to them, and we should embargo them giving them a food for oil deal. I have said this for years, have thought this for years even before 9/11. I think way more highly of Iran than Saudi Arabia.

Old 11-29-2018, 06:17 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,818,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Ridiculous comparison, this was an organized murder by top government officials from SA. If that doesn't make your case how about the 85,000 children that starved in Yemen.
The US helped make that happen, so blame the US. Those are US weapons Saudi Arabia is using, those are US special forces in Yemen assisting in coordinating attacks, that is US intel assistance and material support for its offensive in Yemen. The US is just as responsible as Saudi Arabia is.

Old 11-29-2018, 06:24 PM

57,291 posts, read 26,206,502 times
[quote=boxus;53762259]The US helped make that happen, so blame the US. Those are US weapons Saudi Arabia is using, those are US special forces in Yemen assisting in coordinating attacks, that is US intel assistance and material support for its offensive in Yemen. The US is just as responsible as Saudi Arabia is.[/quote]

I agree

Old 11-29-2018, 06:30 PM

23,558 posts, read 17,227,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Stop making this asshat a martyr. He is nothing of the sort.
well Trump seems to be the only person who approaches these issues while maintaining perspective. The never trumpers in the repub party are the swamp creatures living in the swamp we want to see drained.

Penny wise and pound foolish come to mind with the idiot legislators who are fighting Trump.

the republican party has demonstrated itself to be as ineffectual support system for Trump.

Meanwhile the democrats will support anyone in their party no matter their ineptitude or unethical behavior.

If logic would be followed as proposed by the dems and never trumpers, America would be the isolated country the left accuses trump of creating.

Assassination bad! China does it, you buy all kind of Chinese made products, go to see the Chinese theatre group on broadway, light up the empire state building red and yellow to celebrate the 60th anniversary of communist china. Europe buys its energy from Putin, despite Russia annexing crimea and assassinating journalists and dissidents. Europe does business with Iran, the greatest exporter of terror in the world today. corporations do business with India despite its treatment of women, dowries and accidental kerosene stove fires.

Hypocrites all, worse yet no practical reasoning, just playing politics with critical issues.

Old 11-29-2018, 06:36 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Actually, my entire history of posting on this forum has said consistently that the US should stop its relations with Saudi Arabia, that the country is the greatest threat to peace, freedom, and civilized way of life, we should stop all weapons shipments and support to them, and we should embargo them giving them a food for oil deal. I have said this for years, have thought this for years even before 9/11. I think way more highly of Iran than Saudi Arabia.
Okay, then, thanks for clarifying. I agree with everything you posted here.

Old 11-30-2018, 04:30 AM

1,606 posts, read 1,254,139 times
There are basic questions we must ask ourselves, regardless of politics or even law.

Did Jamal Khashoggi deserve to die?

The answer is no, he did not. Speaking critically of those in authority is only met with death in the darkest, most evil bastions of power in our history. It is anathema to the values of these United States. It should stir up in our citizens immense emotions of unfairness and injustice and the very fabric of our being should cry out.

If we admit that this man did not deserve to be murdered, then we must also adhere that justice is required if the perpetrators of this evil act are known. They are known.

This is not a question of law, or borders, or citizenship. This is a fundamental moral imperative that we all share as human beings. If there were no countries, no borders and no laws murder would still be wrong and those who would do such a thing would still deserve to be held to moral account.

Yes, there is great evil in the world and those touched by these injustices mourn and weep. Justice sometimes goes unanswered when the perpetrators cannot be found. This is not the case. It is much worse. This man was not murdered by a masked assassin, or a suspicious accident that we cannot explain. No, he was murdered under the explicit order of one man, MBS.

We know a great evil act has been carried out. We know those responsible. We also have the means to hold those people to account for their wrongs. How can we not? Have we become so detached that these acts bring nothing but indifference and apathy? Shame on us.

"I swore never to be silent whenever and wherever humans endure suffering and humiliation. We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." ~ Elie Wiesel

Old 11-30-2018, 05:12 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,960,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Some of those who have sided with Trump in the past have begun to tire of his steadfast defense of Mohammed in the face of clear evidence of human rights abuses and U.S. intelligence’s high-confidence assessment implicating the prince in Khashoggi’s October killing.

Republican senators showing some courage, for a welcome change.
I have to pinch myself sometimes to make sure I am awake when I see the right supporting Islamic Terrorists and the country where most of them come from.

Old 11-30-2018, 05:17 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,960,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
What allies were burned? The ones Trump told they had to start carrying their own weight? So asking a country to pull it's own weight when it comes to fair trade and protection is burning them? See what I mean folks? They are only a true ally if they can milk us for something according to the Left.
Actually, it seems the other way around, a country is only an ally if we can profit from it somehow and ignore human rights abuses.

We were an ally with Saddam for years until he was going to sell oil in something other than dollars and here come the human rights abuse stories shortly after.

Old 12-04-2018, 11:44 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,847,565 times
Angry After CIA briefing, Republicans say 'no question' Saudi crown prince ordered Khashoggi murder

Corker called the Trump administration's claim that there is no direct evidence of the crown prince's involvement "unacceptable."
South Carolina Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina said, "It's not a smoking gun, it's a smoking saw."
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/cia-...ry?id=59598135

LOL, put another log on the fire of the MELTDOWN of Agent Orange!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies