Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2018, 08:02 PM

15,094 posts, read 8,636,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
This really sums up the difference between right and left leaning folks. Left leaning folks fight for a better world right leaning folks defend the status quo cause you know life isn't fair .
No, the difference between the leftist mindset and conservative position is that the leftist ideology ALWAYS PRODUCES the exact opposite of what was claimed to be the goal. In fact, it produces more of the thing it was supposed to reduce or eliminate. That you never learn this lesson, tends to support those on the right that suggest liberalism is a form of mental illness, or at least delusional thinking.

You know, it all “sounds good” ... like caring for the homeless. Most people who are not sociopaths or psychopaths have good hearts, and are compassionate, and not against caring for people in need. The problem is, the rational and logical people understand that when you enable a situation, you don’t solve it, you grow it. It becomes bigger. The liberal then demands more resources to combat the growing problem that their policies actually enabled.

That truly is insane.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2018, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Agreed. That's why I don't like to hear about how someone is entitled to put their hands on me.
Who thinks that?

Old 10-14-2018, 08:05 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,434,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
I suppose the disconnect between our views boils down to my complete and total rejection of the constant whining about how life isn’t fair for certain individuals that believe that they are entitled to something, when the reality is, the world doesn’t owe them a damn thing.
But society does. Mutual Aid exists out of self benefit. When there is enough to feed and shelter everyone, and all get to live amongst such material protection, the world changes as well.

Having a horizontal power structure where communities produce as to be self sustaining is the only model that offers true freedom and is self sustaining in the long run.

Old 10-14-2018, 08:07 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,328,434 times
Quote:
Who thinks that?
Authoritarians.

Old 10-14-2018, 08:09 PM

1,715 posts, read 2,838,044 times
I remember this guy back when right wing talk radio was a bit more intellectual. Now he's just aiming for the gullible of the sound byte generation. Before I deleted Facebook my aunt would post this garbage all day long. The one that struck me the most was a Jew (Prager) hiring a black actress to defend the KKK's position on Confederate monuments which just reminded me what a total bizarro world wingnuts now inhabit.

Old 10-14-2018, 08:13 PM

2,068 posts, read 999,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
But society does. Mutual Aid exists out of self benefit. When there is enough to feed and shelter everyone, and all get to live amongst such material protection, the world changes as well.

Having a horizontal power structure where communities produce as to be self sustaining is the only model that offers true freedom and is self sustaining in the long run.

Please provide one example of such a "horizontal power structure" that is "self sustaining in the long run".

Old 10-14-2018, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post

No, absolutely not. “Society” ( which I assume to mean the rest of us) do not owe you a thing ... if anything, YOU OWE IT to society to be self sufficient, and productive, so that you are a valuable, contributing member, rather than a burden.

Of course there are exceptions and instances where, through no fault of your own, you experience hard times because of some disaster that befalls you ... a natural disaster, and medical disaster, which severely limits your capacity to be self sufficient. In such instances, it would indeed be a moral obligation for society to assist.

That does not include instances where poor choices and lack of personal responsibility created your hard times.

Last edited by GuyNTexas; 10-14-2018 at 08:55 PM..

Old 10-14-2018, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Authoritarians.
Who, in your opinion represents authoritarians?

Old 10-14-2018, 08:53 PM

Quote:
No, absolutely not. “Society” ( which I assume to mean the rest of us) do not owe you a thing ... if anything, YOU OWE IT to society to be self sufficient, and productive, so that you are a valuable, contributing member, rather than a burden.
Self sufficiency is the point of anarcho syndicalism. People produce what they get, and all production centers produce in excess what the community needs based off of demand.

Old 10-14-2018, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacInTx View Post
Please provide one example of such a "horizontal power structure" that is "self sustaining in the long run".
The Zapatistas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies