Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2018, 11:22 PM

32,083 posts, read 15,085,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Whatever it is you say we won with D. Trump, I ask, what price did we pay to win whatever you say it is we won?

For myself. I'm very uncertain if we actually won anything tangible at all but I'm really concerned that we are giving up our moral values, our dignity, our integrity as a nation just to trust a narcissistic, self absorbed ego maniac as our leader.
Thank you. I couldn’t have said it better
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2018, 11:50 PM

8,895 posts, read 5,379,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
Sounded like you were.
Well I guess it might be sad that someone who presided over this debacle (as in BO) is regarded as such an inspiring figure. As I look at this .... Seats in Congress Gained/Lost by the President's Party in Mid-Term Elections

I see it took BO just 2 years to lose as much as George Bush did in 6 years in the House and Senate. Yet Republicans were "running from Bush?" Sounds like some Democrats would have been better off running from BO.

Old 10-14-2018, 12:03 AM

2,950 posts, read 1,639,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Well I guess it might be sad that someone who presided over this debacle (as in BO) is regarded as such an inspiring figure. As I look at this .... Seats in Congress Gained/Lost by the President's Party in Mid-Term Elections

I see it took BO just 2 years to lose as much as George Bush did in 6 years in the House and Senate. Yet Republicans were "running from Bush?" Sounds like some Democrats would have been better off running from BO.
Yep. Republicans wanted nothing to do with Bush in the 2010 midterms, just like I said on page one of this thread.

Old 10-14-2018, 01:03 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,595,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
This is wrong. The entire Bush family has decided to back the democrats with their assault on Trump.
And just who started that feud?

Old 10-14-2018, 01:12 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,595,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
[/color]

Pssst ! I think you need to take another look at how many people voted for Hillary vs Trump. Yes, he did win, but only because of the electoral college thing. More actual humans voted for Hillary than Trump.

So, the next time you say "no one liked Hillary", you will realize what an incorrect statement you just made.

Here are the final numbers:
Clinton received 65,844,610 votes, or 48.2% of the total vote.
Trump received 62,979,636 votes, or 46.1% of the total vote. (That's a difference of 2.86 million votes.)
Yes, she got more votes. However, TBH, I think lots of votes in 2016 were cast against one candidate or the other. That, all by itself, is pretty sad. The about Hillary is, people's minds are made up about her, just like they are about Trump. I supported her when she became the nominee, but I really do think it's time for her to get out of the way, for the good of the party and the country. Fair or not, she has too much baggage to be a viable candidate at this point.

Old 10-14-2018, 02:23 AM

78,476 posts, read 60,666,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Hillary is politically dead and over. Time to move on.
Riiiiiight. What are you twenty?

She was just on two prime time tv shows and is going on tour with bill.

She’s running in 2020 and it’s glaringly obvious.

Don’t care whom likes it or not just pointing out the clear signs and these are just the most recent

Old 10-14-2018, 02:28 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,760,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
[/color]

Pssst ! I think you need to take another look at how many people voted for Hillary vs Trump. Yes, he did win, but only because of the electoral college thing. More actual humans voted for Hillary than Trump.

So, the next time you say "no one liked Hillary", you will realize what an incorrect statement you just made.

Here are the final numbers:
Clinton received 65,844,610 votes, or 48.2% of the total vote.
Trump received 62,979,636 votes, or 46.1% of the total vote. (That's a difference of 2.86 million votes.)
I voted for Hillary, I didn’t like her. IMO she was the lesser of two evils. This election was more about who you hated less. Very few people I know actually liked Hillary.

Old 10-14-2018, 02:30 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,889,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Whatever it is you say we won with D. Trump, I ask, what price did we pay to win whatever you say it is we won?

For myself. I'm very uncertain if we actually won anything tangible at all but I'm really concerned that we are giving up our moral values, our dignity, our integrity as a nation, but most of all the truth, just to trust a narcissistic, self absorbed, ego maniac as our leader.
For a moment I thought you were talking about Obama. We know that he cost us over 9 trillion dollars. We know that his admin watched as towns were looted and burned by rioters.
Trump is a tub of rancid lard, but he isn't completely wrong in what he says. He is normally wrong in how he says it.

Old 10-14-2018, 04:24 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,768,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchampagne232000 View Post
You are all deplorables. I see it here every single day. Nothing she has said is shocking.

Hillary, is that you posting?

Old 10-14-2018, 04:33 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,295,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Most dems are not hardline liberals. They are blue collar guys who see things and behave much like many Republicans. Give them someone like Webb and back that candidate and Trump is toast. Both parties keep reading the people wrong. We aren't looking for more extreme. We are looking for more reasonable.
Jim Webb? Really? The guy is 72 years old. If that's the best the dems can do, then Trump is going to have a cakewalk in 2020.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies