Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2019, 09:35 AM

5,341 posts, read 6,524,514 times

Advertisements

So why the change

Trump Phoenix
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2019, 09:48 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,850,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
So why the change

Trump Phoenix
Ok, I'll play. For one reason, America has changed. We are more divided now than any time I can remember. Families are at each other's throats, and friends will not talk politics to avoid arguments. We seem to have two camps in America right now...…….some are happy with the way things are, and some hate the way things are right now. Some of us trust our government, and some of us see a conspiracy behind every tree.

Secondly, there is Donald Trump sitting in the WH. I don't think I have to elaborate, there are numerous reasons why he has driven a wedge down the middle of this country, all well documented.

Old 11-03-2019, 10:29 AM

2,149 posts, read 1,517,299 times
There is no link between Super Bowl 39 and Trump...

Old 11-03-2019, 03:19 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,432,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Ok, I'll play. For one reason, America has changed. We are more divided now than any time I can remember. Families are at each other's throats, and friends will not talk politics to avoid arguments. We seem to have two camps in America right now...…….some are happy with the way things are, and some hate the way things are right now. Some of us trust our government, and some of us see a conspiracy behind every tree.

Secondly, there is Donald Trump sitting in the WH. I don't think I have to elaborate, there are numerous reasons why he has driven a wedge down the middle of this country, all well documented.
Whatever wedge has divided the country, it could likely be blamed by those who are angry their candidate didn't win the election.

What, do you think we weren't divided before??

Seriously??

Old 11-03-2019, 03:25 PM

50,316 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Whatever wedge has divided the country, it could likely be blamed by those who are angry their candidate didn't win the election.

What, do you think we weren't divided before??

Seriously??
It reached a peak under Obama. How else could we get to where we had to choose between Obama part II and Trump.

Old 11-03-2019, 04:50 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,585,685 times
Quote:
So why the change

Trump Phoenix

8 looong years of a Christian hating, islam loving, American hating, open boarders loving, police hating, BLM loving Obama

Old 11-03-2019, 05:05 PM

4,627 posts, read 3,397,342 times
Quote:
So why the change

Trump Phoenix
It wasn't until 2009 that NFL players began standing on the field for the national anthem before the start of primetime games. Before this, players would stay in their locker rooms (except during the Super Bowl and after 9/11).

Let's go back to that era. The NFL gets what they deserve. They played this as a public relations ploy on patriotism...trying to wrap themselves in the flag.

This isn't North Korea. Why is this sort of empty symbolism even necessary? I don't stand for the national anthem before I go to work. Why should NFL players have to do it?

Old 11-03-2019, 05:05 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,601,623 times
i dont care for mr trump myself and history shows enough mud slinging in the past that now is no different except the seemingly 24/7 exposure...BOTH parties are at fault and i suspect something will happen to bring the country together although i don't know what..professional public relations people are playing ALL Americans for fools until WE wake up to it and rebel from the circus
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies