Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2018, 12:22 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,645,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Have you missed the last year of stock markets. Less number of shares available make for inflated prices. Allowing for CEO compensation to climb. The employee's below the top floor see none of it.

Now you are seeing the results as Hedge funds start to drop out of business. They know when its time to close of shop and distribute to their customers.
yep retail consumers are being setup to be the bag holders once again and we don't get no bail outs....

(i started moving to a larger cash position during the winter, i have some more to do but i am mostly ready)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2018, 12:27 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,977,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Tax cuts help grow the economy. A growing economy increases tax revenue.
It does not increase tax revenue as a share of GDP. So deficits and debt skyrockets.

Old 10-17-2018, 12:51 PM

25,574 posts, read 56,526,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy67 View Post
Yeah, the excessive spending has nothing to do with it.....right?
Tax bill was irresponsible. No one in their right mind takes on more debt when spending hasn't changed.

GOP tax giveaway to the corporations and the rich are just their means of legally stealing money the Treasury doesn't have and won't have by forcing the Treasury to borrow.

Thus, the ballooning deficit.

Biggest shell game in the world. And, the little guy will pay the price when the SHTF - which, judging from the market, may be sooner than anyone expects.

Old 10-17-2018, 02:44 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,354,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
You could not have thought of a more deflective deflection if you tried.

How about replying with a reply that actually has something to do with the declining corporate tax revenue that I provided info about?
No deflection at all. I’ll type this slowly for you: without the corporate tax cut, there would be no historically low unemployment rate, nor record tax revenue from wages.

The present administration has decided that the economy is healthier with more people working and earning higher wages.

And the tax cuts will become MUCH more popular when folks see their reduced tax liability/refund next Spring. I’m looking forward to a couple thousand extra, as near as I can figure, which I can contribute to the local economy through my purchases, and to local charities through my donations.

I am not looking forward to bemoaning the competitiveness of American corporations and their employment of millions of my fellow citizens so that they can enjoy happier and more meaningful lives. I’ll leave that to better and bitterer minds than mine.

Last edited by Yeledaf; 10-17-2018 at 02:58 PM..

Old 10-17-2018, 03:08 PM

20,884 posts, read 9,572,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
No deflection at all. I’ll type this slowly for you: without the corporate tax cut, there would be no historically low unemployment rate ....
That's a bunch of you-know-what. As I posted, job gains were GREATER before the tax cuts than after. Had there been no tax cuts, at the very least job gains would have been about the same as they have been since the tax cuts were enacted, and as a result of that, the unemployment rate would have continued going down.

You seem to be operating under this strange illusion that jobs cannot have been created without tax cuts. All you need to do is to look at jobs data prior to January 2018 to prove your illusion wrong.

Old 10-17-2018, 03:11 PM

Here is a chart of monthly job gains and losses. Can you see where the tax cuts took effect? If you say you can, you are lying.

Source: https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/CES0..._view=net_1mth

And here is a chart of the unemployment rate. Can you see where the tax cuts took effect? If you say you can, you are lying.

Source: https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000000

Old 10-17-2018, 03:18 PM

17,694 posts, read 6,952,640 times
This thread has been amusing and again shows that political liberals know next to nothing about macroeconomics.

Thanks for the chuckle!

Old 10-17-2018, 03:20 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,388,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Aw, jeez. Another D talking point shot to hell...

https://www.investors.com/politics/e...nues-deficits/
Yes, the so-called MSM continues to push the false narrative that revenue hasn't grown at all. As I was flipping through radio stations in the car earlier, they had a big piece on NPR saying exactly that and of course you know that all those liberals who get their daily dose of indoctrination were just eating it up.

Old 10-17-2018, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
This thread has been amusing and again shows that political liberals know next to nothing about macroeconomics.

Thanks for the chuckle!
That's pretty funny you say that since we have conservatives here who don't even know how to read a simple chart of job gains and unemployment rates.

Old 10-17-2018, 03:29 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,462,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Yes, the so-called MSM continues to push the false narrative that revenue hasn't grown at all. As I was flipping through radio stations in the car earlier, they had a big piece on NPR saying exactly that and of course you know that all those liberals who get their daily dose of indoctrination were just eating it up.
guess you missed this part right? 31% drop in corp revenue is not what I call "significant growth" nor is a widening deficit a good idea in a time of economic growth...but hey "libs" don't know anything, right?

https://www.businessinsider.com/gop-...t-debt-2018-10
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies