Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will illegal immigrant invasion caravan effect midterm election
Help Republicans 203 74.09%
Help Democrats 21 7.66%
No effect 50 18.25%
Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2018, 08:50 PM

323 posts, read 199,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
This migration is nothing new. It's been an annual event organized by Pueblo Sin Fronteras (People without borders.) It coincides with their holy week, which happens to be around our midterms.

In 2014 nearly 60,000 unaccompanied children crossed the border into the U.S. costing us billions of dollars. Trump ended the Central American Minors Program in 2017 in hopes of limiting the flow of the Central American's. In 2014 Obama requested funding to help repatriate the migrants back to their country of origin. The strings being that the countries receiving the aid must address the root cause of why their people were fleeing and abide by the rule of law. "So far none of these countries have met all of the legislative requirements to receive these funds." Trump plans to cut 30% from these funds. Whether that's a good move remains to be seen.

Back in 2010 the American and Mexican presented constant push back and did indeed militarize the borders to stop the influx. It did not stop the asylum seekers. Source: Wikipedia.

When you are desperate, fear for your life, and don't know where your next meal is coming from, you will do whatever it takes to survive. Do we treat these desperate people with brutality, hate, hostility? I say no. Each and every one of us needs to look into our soul and ask our self if we could walk by a tired, hungry child or adult and not offer them some water and something to eat. We are all human beings and we should be treating everyone with compassion, not brutality. That doesn't mean that they should be allowed to enter our country. No, we can't take in the entire world of refugees. There is a global crisis of refugees now and it stems from corruption and war.

Trump's lies that the Democrats organized the caravan is an embarrassment to the lack of iknowledge that some people are willing to display to believe dear leader. I'm personally turned off by the constant lying and dirty tricks to win at all costs. It's obvious that Trump is unable to deal with the crisis. Separating already traumatized children at the border from their parents is an insidious new low. Did it stop the influx? No. It made us look like uncivilized thugs on the world stage. Deplorable at it's finest.
They don't look like they've missed any meals. The ladies look like fat heifers. I've seen quite a few fat fannies in that group. The men are quite muscular and fit. Not too many people starving coming from there...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2018, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YanMarcs View Post
How do you control a growing mob with non-lethal weapons? You can not reach all at once.
We should put down miles of sticky glue traps along the border. And catch em' like vermin and insects, lol.

Old 10-23-2018, 09:05 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,365,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Just as in Vietnam, the Troops got spit on when they came home, when it was LBJ who sent them there and was responsible for 90% of the deaths and atrocities that occurred in Vietnam. It should have been LBJ that got spit on
Yes, he as a truly evil man. I've had Thanksgiving dinners in a lot of different places with a lot of different people, and one of the more interesting was when I shared a table with my dad and David Bayless, one of the San Marcos Ten.

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...ch-2043648.php

Old 10-23-2018, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Oh look, another scare tactic by the biggest coward out there. And the cowards mentally stunted followers lap it up like slobbering sheep. How sad for them.
User name checks out. I think you are way too fragile to be posting here.

Old 10-23-2018, 09:16 PM

35,034 posts, read 16,978,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Venezuela doesn't have any money. Perhaps someone is funneling the money through Venezuela.
The rulers have control over money. Plenty of it. They just won't use it for the benefit of their people.

Old 10-23-2018, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Do you? No, you don’t. I don’t live my life in fear.
I didn't live my life in fear against illegal aliens until crime hit close to home. An illegal alien killed two of my ex boyfriend's best friends by shooting them with a gun point blank. He and one of his other friends were shot and left for dead on the side of the road and both have life changing injuries and PTSD. He crawled on his hands and knees to get help and was almost dead when a car passing by stopped and called an ambulance. Why were they shot? Because this low life thought they looked at him the wrong way. During the court trial reporters asked the father (another wonderful "law abiding illegal") what he thought? His answer was "my son is a good boy and they shouldn't have given my son a dirty look".

My brother-in-law was hit by an illegal alien drunk driver who was driving an 18 wheeler moving van because he was hired by a greedy businessman who tried save money instead of hiring American citizens. My brother-in-law nearly died and spent 2 weeks in a coma. He has a metal plate in his head, pins holding his arms and legs together and received 12 surgeries. He was nearly killed and his life will never be the same. Both criminals got away with mere slaps on the wrist.

Too many people walk around here thinking these people are innocent "poor people" who are just looking for a better way of life. Instead they don't care to respect the laws of America and it is the American citizen who pays in the long run. But why should I bother writing this? According to you I am deplorable because I voted for Trump and want to keep these criminals out of my country.

Last edited by dk1111; 10-23-2018 at 09:48 PM..

Old 10-23-2018, 09:29 PM

42,840 posts, read 26,247,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Guatemalan President Jimmy Morales was the one who had originally made that claim. He had also claimed that it was his people who had arrested and deported the terrorists. That is where the confusion is. Apparently the caravan wasn't in Guatemala at that time, at least -- not the main body of the caravan. That is why the msm is dismissing his claims of arresting those people. What the msm isn't telling you is that there could have very well been a large group from that caravan that was traveling ahead of the main caravan and could have very well been in Guatemala at that time period.

It's been proven that large groups that are with the caravan have been lagging behind the main caravan and they are far out in front of the main caravan..case in point, early last Sunday morning, and throughout the morning, US BP had arrested more than a hundred from that caravan who were trying to enter illegally. At that point in time , if I remember right, the main caravan hadn't even crossed into Mexico yet, or just had crossed, and yet there were some of the caravan members right on our border trying to cross it illegally.

Seems the msm is trying to hide the fact that splinter groups from that caravan are scattered all over the place along their trail from there to here. Sooo, I give the Guatemalan president the benefit of the doubt and believe what he's saying.
Yes, it's a huge plot to allow terrorists to enter the US

Quote:
The Department of Homeland Security is able to gather biometric data as migrants pass between the borders of Central American countries. A former senior intelligence official who continues to be briefed on current intelligence told NBC News that there is no evidence that any Middle Eastern terrorists are hiding in the caravan. Middle Eastern and African immigrants have routinely crossed illegally across the U.S.-Mexico border for years, but their numbers pale in comparison to the number of Central Americans. Last fiscal year, they accounted for less than one out of every 100 — 0.7 percent — of border apprehensions, according to DHS. Instances of known or suspected terrorists crossing the southern border are incredibly rare, the official said. In addition, internal U.S. government documents on the caravan make no mention of Middle Easterners, criminals or a terror threat.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/is...emala-caravan/

Old 10-23-2018, 09:45 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,885,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Guatemalan President Jimmy Morales was the one who had originally made that claim. He had also claimed that it was his people who had arrested and deported the terrorists. That is where the confusion is. Apparently the caravan wasn't in Guatemala at that time, at least -- not the main body of the caravan. That is why the msm is dismissing his claims of arresting those people. What the msm isn't telling you is that there could have very well been a large group from that caravan that was traveling ahead of the main caravan and could have very well been in Guatemala at that time period.

It's been proven that large groups that are with the caravan have been lagging behind the main caravan and they are far out in front of the main caravan..case in point, early last Sunday morning, and throughout the morning, US BP had arrested more than a hundred from that caravan who were trying to enter illegally. At that point in time , if I remember right, the main caravan hadn't even crossed into Mexico yet, or just had crossed, and yet there were some of the caravan members right on our border trying to cross it illegally.

Seems the msm is trying to hide the fact that splinter groups from that caravan are scattered all over the place along their trail from there to here. Sooo, I give the Guatemalan president the benefit of the doubt and believe what he's saying.
So what? Just because the groups are splintering don't mean there are terrorists like the President and Vice President are claiming there are.

Old 10-23-2018, 09:46 PM

23,502 posts, read 12,502,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Yes, it's a huge plot to allow terrorists to enter the US

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/is...emala-caravan/
So the only people from Guatemala that you believe are telling the truth are the ones saying they are only coming here for jobs. lol.

Old 10-23-2018, 09:48 PM

23,502 posts, read 12,502,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
So what? Just because the groups are splintering don't mean there are terrorists like the President and Vice President are claiming there are.
Who did the Guatemalan president arrest then?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies