Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will illegal immigrant invasion caravan effect midterm election
Help Republicans 203 74.09%
Help Democrats 21 7.66%
No effect 50 18.25%
Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2018, 12:37 PM

3,205 posts, read 2,485,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Originally Posted by Ringo1
Let's put it this way. If the mightiest country in the world cannot handle several hundred shoeless immigrants, then we got WAY bigger problems than the 'caravan'.

Oh noes! Maybe they will get here in time to vote in the mid-terms, the original conservative lie.

The FBI is more worried about the right-wing fringe nut jobs showing up with guns and anger than they are about the caravan.

That's not what WE think. That is what Trump thinks. As he said ' he can only talk about the economy so much; it's not that exciting."

Fear and anger is what gets conservatives out to vote and Trump has played upon that from day 1 of his candidacy.

The caravan is more than several hundred people strong it is several thousand with even more on the way. We could of course absorb a few thousand poor shoeless people into our society but what about the 20 million that are already here illegally? A few thousand here and there turns into a million before you know it.

We have an illegal immigration problem that costs the US taxpayers approx. $135 BILLION per year.

I don't know about you but that is a shocking amount of money to me and that is money that could be better spent helping people that are already here.

You say the FBI is more concerned with a gun nut than 7000 poor desperate people some of whom are seeking a better life but some of whom are coming to exploit our welfare systems and others that are coming to ply their trade of drugs, gangs and murder.

We all need to be concerned about some idiot with a gun who is bent on murder but we cannot turn a blind eye to 7000 desperate people whose first act upon entering the US is to break our immigration laws.

The images from the caravan are frightening especially the ones where they are breaking down gates, throwing rocks at security forces, disregarding laws and leaving trash in their wake.

I would ask of any Liberal that thinks the caravan should be allowed in to the country, what if 7000 people marched down the main street in your hometown and when they got to the end, with no place to go, no money etc.. would the people of our town give them all a place to live, food to eat, a job or welfare if they couldn't or wouldn't work, free healthcare, school for the children etc.. etc...

I think even the most liberal town in America would be overwhelmed by 7000 people with even more on the way.
Why should America be forced to take in these people?

There is a right way and a wrong way to immigrate to the US and bum rushing the border is not the right way.
Great counterpoint Todd. You said what i wanted to say even better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2018, 12:43 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
This caravan is about as much of a threat to this nation as an invasion from the planet Kolob.

I have to laugh at all these people going nuts over a fabricated farce, well, I would be if it truly wasn't so sad.

The only ones I see going nuts over these caravans is the liberal left. Calling them what they are aka "invasions" does not make us feel threatened just by calling them what they are. Our president is handling it and that's all that matters.

Old 11-04-2018, 12:48 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
How many migrant caravans have come and exactly what happened?

With the one is April of this year many of them entered our country illegally. Then when they were arrested they got separated from their kids and they were forewarned about it. We don't jail kids with their law breaking parents. We don't want a repeat of April.

Old 11-04-2018, 12:52 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
And can you prove that this is all "embellished"?

Again, what are you worried about? Are you worried that they will somehow make it to Canada?
I'm just amused at how easily Americans are duped into believing all this bs, as for immigrants comining to Canada? we got something better than a wall its called winter,

Old 11-04-2018, 12:55 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,898,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
With the one is April of this year many of them entered our country illegally. Then when they were arrested they got separated from their kids and they were forewarned about it. We don't jail kids with their law breaking parents. We don't want a repeat of April.

No, instead the kids were separated from their parents and lost in the system. Nice humane practice, that.

Old 11-04-2018, 12:58 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,898,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
Only about 20% of those that apply for asylum will actually get it. The rest will try to get in illegally.
Or they'll decide Mexico is a better bet, or they'll go back to their native country, just as occurred with previous groups of would-be immigrants.

Since they've been quite clear and open about their intentions to apply for legal asylum and gain legal residence here, it seems as if they would certainly give that a try first, and in so doing, would of course provide their full identification and other information to American authorities, thus making them less likely to try to slip in if rejected for asylum as their chances of success would be slim. Far more likely they'd go back or settle in Mexico.

Old 11-04-2018, 01:08 PM

35,071 posts, read 17,014,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Thirdly ~ do you imagine that the US is going to grant asylum to 3700 people? I don't.
What happens to the asylum applicants pending their acceptance or rejection? I think they're here for good, one way or another. That's why the "caravan" must be stopped.

Old 11-04-2018, 01:12 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Maybe it's just that Trump supporters have made me very skeptical, but I think there's a difference between a foreign official saying there are Molotov cocktails, and a reputable reporter or American military on the ground actually seeing that.
Believe exactly what YOU choose -- I choose to believe the PHOTO in the link I posted of the guy carrying the Molotov cocktail down by the side of his leg.

Oddly enough -- we don't actually have American Military traveling with these Central American Caravans .... DUH.

Old 11-04-2018, 01:15 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Wait. The caravan is 1,000 miles away, and they're already preparing molotov cocktails?

Because, what, you can't fill a bottle with gasoline closer to the border?
Reading is fundamental ..... the articles state that the Central American migrants are fighting the Mexican border guards when they broke through the gates & barriers to enter Mexico.

Leftist are embarrassing themselves here.

Old 11-04-2018, 01:20 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,400,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The only ones I see going nuts over these caravans is the liberal left. Calling them what they are aka "invasions" does not make us feel threatened just by calling them what they are. Our president is handling it and that's all that matters.

Trump is building fear for the mid-terms. That is all he knows how to do. Trump's motivations are as transparent as his ethics for anyone that wants to open his or her eyes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies