Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will illegal immigrant invasion caravan effect midterm election
Help Republicans 203 74.09%
Help Democrats 21 7.66%
No effect 50 18.25%
Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2018, 07:30 PM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Not fear mongering at all

I no longer have a child in school. However, if I found out that an unvaccinated child was in my child's classroom, I certainly would have spoken up. However, this point is irrelevant. Even illegal alien kids have to be vaccinated by law to attend public schools. Did you even bother to look at the link I posted?

Have you ever lived among illegal aliens? Have you ever seen a flophouse filled with illegal aliens on your street? Have you seen your child's education suffer due to attention being diverted to kids who come to school not knowing English? Have you seen MS-13 graffiti in your community? Have you had a drive-by shooting of a kid who was waiting for the school bus, all because that kid wouldn't join a gang? In the case that happened in my community, three illegal aliens were arrested for that shooting.

Have you seen single women become so afraid due to rising crime by illegals, that they fled your community? In one case, a widowed woman had an illegal break into her house while she slept and ended up getting raped.

You talk about "fear mongering". All that shows is that you are truly clueless to the deleterious effects of illegal immigration. Easy for you to attack those who have experienced these things given that you've been insulated from it all.
I don't think that poster is clueless they just plain don't give a damn. I suspect he/she has a vested interest in or ethnic ties to illegal aliens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2018, 07:41 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
https://twitter.com/GuthrieGF/status...60531783102464

Old 11-28-2018, 08:16 PM

35,075 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
I don't understand the IQ of these people (that's why they should not come into the US). Why not simply travel East (let's say 50-100 miles) and WALK over the border to surrender to border agents with the fake asylum claims? Or, if they want to do it the 'legal' way go to another border entry East like the Calexico border crossing? Why wait and sit at this port? I'm not complaining though. Don't want them in.
I gather they assume help is closer at hand at San Ysidro than at some much smaller crossing in the middle of the desert. They didn't count on getting the stiff arm from the U.S.

Old 11-28-2018, 10:01 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
Considering I currently live near the Mexican border and have yet to experience *any* of what you've listed, yes, I'm of the opinion that your concerns are far overblown and easily classified as "fear-mongering".
Ah...I see! You either live in a gated community or in a doorman building. In other words, you are clueless.

I have lived in those conditions I've described. You trivialize those victims of illegal aliens by reducing the crimes that were inflicted upon them as "fear-mongering". That is truly vile and despicable, not to mention cold and heartless. How about you talk to someone who suffered at the hands of an illegal and tell them that they are "fear-mongering"? Don't be surprised if you get a rude response in return.

Old 11-28-2018, 10:08 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Ridiculous.

So...what should the BP have done? Should they have stood by while rocks were being thrown at them? Did you see what these people did at the Mexico/Guatemala border? How they forced their way into Mexico while injuring police officers?

I have a cousin who is a retired BP agent. If she got attacked by illegal aliens, it would have been very upsetting to all in the extended family. Have you ever thought about that? If it was your family member who was having rocks thrown at him/her, you wouldn't be so quick to give a pass to those illegals.

If a "stranger" forced his/her way into your own home, would you just let them do that? Would you stand by while they robbed you and ransacked your home?

I bet those Methodists haven't opened their own homes to illegal aliens. Nor are they paying for any illegals' food, shelter and medical care. In other words, they are hypocrites.

Nothing "winning" about that sign at all.

Old 11-28-2018, 10:24 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,354,091 times
Quote:
Ridiculous.

So...what should the BP have done? Should they have stood by while rocks were being thrown at them? Did you see what these people did at the Mexico/Guatemala border? How they forced their way into Mexico while injuring police officers?

I have a cousin who is a retired BP agent. If she got attacked by illegal aliens, it would have been very upsetting to all in the extended family. Have you ever thought about that? If it was your family member who was having rocks thrown at him/her, you wouldn't be so quick to give a pass to those illegals.

If a "stranger" forced his/her way into your own home, would you just let them do that? Would you stand by while they robbed you and ransacked your home?

I bet those Methodists haven't opened their own homes to illegal aliens. Nor are they paying for any illegals' food, shelter and medical care. In other words, they are hypocrites.

Actually there is a question being raised as to whether the BP has a right to shoot tear gas into Mexico.

and it appears they do not. Their appropriate response is to back up and call the Mexican authorities. If the immigrants enter the US they can then arrest them. Or throw tear gas at them if they are throwing rocks.

But assaulting people in Mexico is not within their jurisdiction.

Old 11-28-2018, 10:28 PM

3,841 posts, read 1,788,855 times
Quote:
Ridiculous.

You make some very valid points. That church that put out that sign is seriously wrong. Those illegals went past Mexican police who were holding riot shields and completely disrespected the procedure, and some threw projectiles and bottles. I heard their getting deported which is good. We as a nation cannot tolerate that behavior.

Old 11-28-2018, 10:42 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Actually there is a question being raised as to whether the BP has a right to shoot tear gas into Mexico.

and it appears they do not. Their appropriate response is to back up and call the Mexican authorities. If the immigrants enter the US they can then arrest them. Or throw tear gas at them if they are throwing rocks.

You’re always trying to find a lame excuse to justify the animal behavior of these migrants.

Old 11-28-2018, 11:14 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,223,977 times
Quote:

The real question is whether BP shot tear gas into Mexico. The fence/wall is not right on the line, you know? Looking at google maps, it appears the Tijuana riverbed is American soil.

Old 11-28-2018, 11:18 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times
Quote:

Nonsense. Big rocks can put out an eye just as much if thrown from Mexico. Don't tie the BP's hands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies