Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2018, 09:59 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
Trump gives another pass to a brutal dictator.
Clearly this "fistfight" was either a lie or it was one heck of a fight with one man against 15.

It's all about the money folks, that's why the Saudi's will get a pass. Trump love dictators who have absolute power over his people.

I'd like to know how any reasonably intelligent person could buy into the theory it was only to be an interrogation that devolved into a fistfight and 'accidental' death when one of the Saudis sent to the Consulate came equipped with a bone saw?

Old 10-21-2018, 10:08 AM

2,362 posts, read 778,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I'd like to know how any reasonably intelligent person could buy into the theory it was only to be an interrogation that devolved into a fistfight and 'accidental' death when one of the Saudis sent to the Consulate came equipped with a bone saw?
The more power you have the more brazen you can be.

Maybe 10 years ago, the Saudi's and US establishment would have cooked up a better excuse. Maybe in 10 years time, they won't even bother with excuses and just say: "Yeah, he was killed because some people above him didn't like him, don't want to be dismembered? Don't **** us off. "

I think this is more chilling than some journalist for WaPo being killed.... This is basically the American government deciding not to pretend (very much) by "buying" such a patently ridiculous story.

Old 10-21-2018, 10:14 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
meh

ME generally speaking, is a hell hole. I cannot find any "good guy" over there. LOL

This said, let's not pretend that we need to start a ww3 with them. It is better just leave them alone. If this is "jumping to the defense of Saudi" then so be it.

Just like I think both Russia and NK are annoying as hell, doesn't mean I believe it is American responsibility to destroy them. We can use Russia and NK to balance China; we can use Saudi to balance other Arab countries. Yikes, this shouldn't be a foreign concept.

Old 10-21-2018, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
meh

ME generally speaking, is a hell hole. I cannot find any "good guy" over there. LOL

This said, let's not pretend that we need to start a ww3 with them. It is better just leave them alone. If this is "jumping to the defense of Saudi" then so be it.

Just like I think both Russia and NK are annoying as hell, doesn't mean I believe it is American responsibility to destroy them. We can use Russia and NK to balance China; we can use Saudi to balance other Arab countries. Yikes, this shouldn't be a foreign concept.
This is not the ME, this is your country looking the other way while one of their own is dismembered because they're being bribed to look the other way. This should disturb you to your core that your government can be so patently immoral and corrupt and so flippant about your life. Don't pretend, if the Saudi's decided to dismember you, there would be no justice for you or your family from "your" government.

This is not just about the prince, MBS, torturing a Saudi in his own country. This is about your government pretending to buy the dumbest lie in the history of lies, and looking you in the eye as they say it.

Old 10-21-2018, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
This is not the ME, this is your country looking the other way while one of their is dismembered because they're being bribed to look the other way. This should disturb you to your core that your government can be so patently immoral and corrupt and so flippant about your life. Don't pretend, if the Saudi's decided to dismember you, there would be no justice for you or your family from "your" government.

This is just about the prince, MBS, torturing a Saudi in his own country.
So your solution is what exactly? start a war with them? You and I both know this is unreasonable request.

I repeat: ME in general is a hell hole, I can't find any GOOD GUY over there. But this doesn't mean America needs to destroy them. It should not be a foreign concept for anybody.

Plus, did i make any excuses for Saudi? No, I didn't. I am only saying this is not a good reason to start a ww3, no more no less. I don't need any reasons to prolong the war or start a new war.

Old 10-21-2018, 10:24 AM

Quote:
So your solution is what exactly? start a war with them? You and I both know this is unreasonable request.
Who says "start a war"? The problem (for you) is not the Saudis. It's your government.

You can roll your eyes, but the sad fact is you live under a government that lies to your face, and won't lift a finger for justice for their own citizens if it means lining their pockets with $$$.

And again, this is not about some faraway "hellhole", this is happening in YOUR OWN GOVERNMENT in the halls of WASHINGTON DC.

Old 10-21-2018, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Who says "start a war"? The problem (for you) is not the Saudis. It's your government.

You can roll your eyes, but the sad fact is you live under a government that lies to your face, and won't lift a finger for justice for their own citizens if it means lining their pockets with $$$.

And again, this is not about some faraway "hellhole", this is happening in YOUR OWN GOVERNMENT in the halls of WASHINGTON DC.
That I agree, but I don't have a solution, and neither do you. So you can be angry all you want.

Old 10-21-2018, 10:29 AM

Quote:
That I agree, but I don't have a solution, and neither do you. So you can be angry all you want.
The solution is to hit the streets, protest and topple such a government if it's so brazen to lie that it believes such a ridiculous lie. It happened once in your history before, in fact you guys are proud of that moment.

But if you allow this to go on, then there won't be a solution.

Old 10-21-2018, 10:30 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
meh

What happened to "just leave them alone"?

And Iran, the country often mentioned as being kept in check by Saudi Arabia, is not an Arab country.

If I had the power to establish US ME policy, I would make it very simple. I'd tell every country in the region you can either learn to live together or you can die together. Mess with the US and you will be vaporized.

Old 10-21-2018, 10:31 AM

Quote:
The solution is to hit the streets, protest and topple such a government if it's so brazen to lie that it believes such a ridiculous lie. It happened once in your history before, in fact you guys are proud of that moment.

But if you allow this to go on, then there won't be a solution.
When are you going to hit the streets and protest?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies