Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2018, 04:53 PM

1,563 posts, read 2,374,818 times

Advertisements

Liberals: I am physically and mentally in perfect heath. I work full time and always have. I absolutely hate to work and would rather do anything in its place.I work for the sole purpose of healthcare benefits. How do you feel about me wanting to receive free health care without having to work? Remember this is a genuine question and am not looking for hateful replies. I am seeing multiple commercials on tv regarding universal healthcare( healthcare for all) due to the upcoming elections. I am genuinely curious as to what the consensus is regarding the opinions of this subject.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2018, 04:59 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,787,558 times
So are you saying you would rather do something else, or just lie around on the couch all day?

Old 10-19-2018, 05:00 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,402,706 times
You are a rarity. But I will say this, im fine with it. I dont know what you will eat, or where you will live, but have fun with that. Meanwhile the vast majority of us will keep working. Because we like money, and all the benefits money brings. Like food.

But Id bet money you will go back to work in less then a year. You might just have more flexibility about what work you choose.

Old 10-19-2018, 05:04 PM

6,885 posts, read 4,896,899 times
Soooo....you could get health care, but what about paying your house taxes or rent, or buying food, clothing, going on vacation? Or, are you saying you would be content to live like homeless people as long as you had access to decent health care?

Old 10-19-2018, 05:05 PM

3,618 posts, read 3,060,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colcat View Post
Liberals: I am physically and mentally in perfect heath. I work full time and always have. I absolutely hate to work and would rather do anything in its place.I work for the sole purpose of healthcare benefits. How do you feel about me wanting to receive free health care without having to work? Remember this is a genuine question and am not looking for hateful replies. I am seeing multiple commercials on tv regarding universal healthcare( healthcare for all) due to the upcoming elections. I am genuinely curious as to what the consensus is regarding the opinions of this subject.
I think even in this rather extreme case, you deserve to have free health care, 3 square meals per day, and a roof over your head. Agree with previous poster that you would probably not like the quality of life these necessities would provide, though, so if you are truly sane as you claim to be, you would find your way back into the workforce one way or another.

Old 10-19-2018, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
Soooo....you could get health care, but what about paying your house taxes or rent, or buying food, clothing, going on vacation? Or, are you saying you would be content to live like homeless people as long as you had access to decent health care?
I have money to live on. I work for the sole purpose to receive healthcare insurance.

Old 10-19-2018, 05:08 PM

39,096 posts, read 51,295,696 times
How about the millions who work - often at more than one job - and get no healthcare paid by their employers like you do and don't make enough to pay for it themselves? Our system is a god-awful mess. We need to fix it with bi-partisan approaches and some novel thinking. Maybe if you had insurance that was not slaving you to your employer you could go out and find something you liked to do that would put food on your table.

Old 10-19-2018, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
House is paid off. Money is not an issue, unless I had to pay for healthcare.I work to have heath insurance.

Old 10-19-2018, 05:11 PM

17,826 posts, read 13,738,015 times
Quote:
If there was universal health care you wouldn't be chained to this job you "hate". And if you continue to do a job you "hate" you are likely to lose your perfect mental and physical health. Doing a job you "hate" can take years off your life.

Old 10-19-2018, 05:11 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,057,902 times
Quote:
There are as many conservatives looking to get free health care with no work as there are liberals.

Conservatives just think they are superior.

Go to some of the more depressed areas in a red state and ask those welfare families who they vote for.

Stop with the myths.

It makes you look like a sheep following the herd and citing the same old bull.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies