Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2018, 08:31 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
There should be no laws prohibiting the possession and use of any drug/substance, nor should there be any gun laws.
And since you're so hung up on that old piece of paper the constitution, I ask, where within is the fedguv authorized to make laws concerning either? Both teams wipe their butt with the constitution when politically expedient to do so.
Regardless you are born with the right to posses these things, what you cannot do is harm someone else by their use.

So, five year olds should be allowed to freely purchase both?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2018, 08:33 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,581,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
You sound a bit hysterical. How many of your guns did Obama take? Oh yeah. None.

Yet they manage to do it with a straight face. The most corrupt administration we have ever seen; with the President constantly denigrating the FBI and CIA and yet he wants to be the 'law and order' president.

As long as the laws don't apply to him, I guess.

It's all Political Reality TV for Trump's base. It bears no basis on reality for him or anyone else because Trump does things - not for America but rather for himself.

Old 10-21-2018, 09:34 AM

45,230 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
So, five year olds should be allowed to freely purchase both?
Im saying exactly what I said. The state has no right to restrict people from possessing property (for the purposes of this conversation guns and drugs)
Now are you going to tell me that its only the laws that keep your five year old from purchasing drugs and guns?

Old 10-21-2018, 09:35 AM

45,230 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
They just don't get it. I doubt they ever will.
Sadly you're right. The statist code is hard to crack.

Old 10-21-2018, 09:39 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
Neither party will ever be able to take our guns.

As for marijuana I believe all the states should make it legal. I don't nor have I ever smoked it but, I was never hurt or robbed by one on marijuana. I cannot say the same for those on alcohol or opioid's.
Its not just laws against marijuana that are unconstitutional...its ALL drug laws, even those against opioid prescription drugs..Govt has NO right to create any laws on these substances. Its up to the people to disobey and refuse to comply though.

We can start by refusing to call police on drug dealers or targeting doctors, and/or those that comply with these goofy laws, I dont think people realize what they are really doing when they comply with unconstitutional laws!!

Old 10-21-2018, 09:43 AM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Sadly you're right. The statist code is hard to crack.
Some people just want to be GOVERNED as they don't trust themselves. Lot of insecurity in Democrats, and for good reason. They lack judgement, optimism, and belief in themselves.

Old 10-21-2018, 09:48 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Natural Law is supreme over both federal and state “laws.”
What the heck is natural law, other than the right to breathe air from the atmosphere without being billed for it?

Old 10-21-2018, 09:49 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Another thing to keep in mind, the dems dont have the best track record when it comes to drug laws either...it was under obama that the tough prescription drug laws were created, also Obama did nothing to try and stop the govts drug war in the 8 years he was president!

Old 10-21-2018, 09:51 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Some people just want to be GOVERNED as they don't trust themselves. Lot of insecurity in Democrats, and for good reason. They lack judgement, optimism, and belief in themselves.
The same with Republicans. For starters, they lack judgement, optimism and belief in themselves that all Republican women will not get abortions.

Old 10-21-2018, 10:04 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
Quote:
Im saying exactly what I said. The state has no right to restrict people from possessing property (for the purposes of this conversation guns and drugs)
Now are you going to tell me that its only the laws that keep your five year old from purchasing drugs and guns?
Yup, because most people are good people here in the states and abide by laws. Not allowing adolescent children to be in possession/use of firearms and drugs is a pretty sound law.

Perhaps you should move to lovely Somalia where kids do drugs and carry automatic assault rifles, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies