Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2018, 02:09 PM

8,494 posts, read 3,335,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwo View Post
All these devices and nobody was injured or killed, thankfully, but to me this makes me think it's a publicity stunt by the left itself to take the news away from the multiple caravans and to try and make the right look bad. Conservatives have been getting attacked often violently for over two years now . So amazing this is big news now. Or perhaps it’s another right winger who’s tired of being attacked everywhere and finally had enough.

I’m listening to CNN now with speakers calling for civility . Well they need to tell Maxine and all her followers to quit attacking people. Let’s start with that.
I appreciate that you are trying for rationality here - and that's a good start given the tenor of some other postings. So I apologize for being picky, but if you parse your wording ...

If the left did it this it's a "publicity stunt" but if the right did then it's someONE "who's tired of being attacked everywhere and finally had enough"?

When folks accuse the "left" I'm always curious about who this "left" is of whom they speak. The DNC, with the upcoming elections? Some faction, perhaps the few Clinton supporters left? Political operatives?

In contrast, the ONE right winger who could be responsible is an aggrieved individual, driven to an unwise action by these same leftists?

I know (or sure assume) that you don't mean to imply that the "finally had enough" would in any way justify his or her behavior. And why is Maxine and what her "followers" may or may not have done relevant? About her violent transgressions I'm clueless, but as far as I know she's not in jail.

What's so hard to simply denounce this as wrong. Fair enough to talk of heightened political rhetoric, but that's a trend that's been in play for many years although admittedly heightening by the day. No one, though, can express concern about the divide with a straight face and not look to multiple players - from all sides of the political spectrum.

Old 10-24-2018, 02:09 PM

1,132 posts, read 2,123,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Got some news for you; the hate already existed before Trump took office. Obama and his staffers in the mainstream media did all they could to demonize whites, rural people, working class whites, Christians, and anyone who didn't support the latest sexual fad. Glass houses buddy.
Obama severely hates Christians.

Old 10-24-2018, 02:11 PM

10,522 posts, read 6,157,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
People are crazy.

Sure, I enjoy making fun of Trump supporters. Who doesn't? But I don't wish harm on them in any way.

I know politics can get emotional sometimes, but who the hech wants to actually kill someone because of political differences?

There was a thread on here yesterday - not sure if it got deleted asking if anyone would ever sell their vote?

On person responded yes they would, if in exchange, all left wingers could be murdered. This is the level of hatred we are at here.

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
Keep poking a bear and you'll most certainly get hurt.

And the implied threats continue. Yet another poster on the rights side talking this up. This is nothing to be proud of folks, or to encourage in any way. The fact that folks on your side are doing so should at least alarm some of you.

4,049 posts, read 2,740,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJoe View Post
Hey, I hated liberals and leftists waaaaay before Trump!
Then you are missing the ability to agree to disagree and maybe have some decent friends. I have friends and family from both side and I never heard them say they "hate" the other side. We ALL live here and love our country.

19,966 posts, read 7,866,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
People on the right. This is one of your guys. Read this nonsense.

The left and Democrats have not pushed a agenda of implication that all conservatives and white majorities are synonymous with nazism. But read here where this EXACT poster tries to imply that nationalism by definition is white nationalism.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/53452537-post164.html

And then goes on to make completely insane claims about how the left is trying to relive you of autonomy and diluted through open borders

The open borders nonsense is EXACTLY that. Go look. The left is not about open borders. Nor are they trying to relieve you of your autonomy.

And the implication is...what are conservatives supposed to do.

This is simply incitement. This is the nastiest sort of post. This is a attempt to turn us against one another. Its evil, its vile.
No you're not getting it. The left has given us a false dichotomy, either open borders or white nationalism. But they're not really allowing Americans to choose their policies. So the left has created enragement on both sides.

Old 10-24-2018, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJoe View Post
Hey, I hated liberals and leftists waaaaay before Trump!

Yeah and I'm sure you find that statement hilarious.

Old 10-24-2018, 02:14 PM

8,499 posts, read 4,552,009 times
The right has brought this about with all its hate. They basically hate anyone that doesn't look like them (a straight white person) and despise all that do not think like them. They have no openess to anything different from themselves.

2,063 posts, read 1,067,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Right here. This sort of nonsense encourages this sort of terrorism. This is the sort of reason why its believable that the right did this. This is a perfect example of someone wishing death on others and encouraging it. This is the right that should concern everyone. The sort of extremism that gives the right such a bad name.

basically saying "he deserved it".
Pretty sickening.

Look, I dont care for Trump but I dont wish death upon him.

Besides, he self implodes everyday when he opens his mouth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southeasttexas View Post
Obama fractured this nation when he openly railed against conservative, rural, whites.

Obama divided us and now he sits back laughing at the mayhem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Got some news for you; the hate already existed before Trump took office. Obama and his staffers in the mainstream media did all they could to demonize whites, rural people, working class whites, Christians, and anyone who didn't support the latest sexual fad. Glass houses buddy.

In your imaginations.

Hatred under Trump is WAY out of control.
If you think otherwise, you are in denial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies