Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2018, 06:43 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,757,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
It's interesting that there have been these attacks in America over the last week and some peole here are more concerned about CNN's "agenda" that the agenda of the bad guys.
That's the point. They sympathize with the terrorists, bombers, active shooters and militia groups that want to take over the gov. I'm calling it what it is. Treason. They post their agenda every day on here. Openly calling for Russia to hack Americans . Openly calling for friendship with KIm from NJ after he loves missiles at our bases in Guam. Openly supporting the Suadi Gov after they assassinated a reporter. Shocking how quickly they turned Benadict Arnold.

Old 10-29-2018, 06:56 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,087,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
Yes . But they are not as stupid as CNN.
Fair answer, I appreciate your honesty.

And yes, CNN is incredibly biased.

Old 10-29-2018, 07:03 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,753,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
That's the point. They sympathize with the terrorists, bombers, active shooters and militia groups that want to take over the gov. I'm calling it what it is. Treason. They post their agenda every day on here. Openly calling for Russia to hack Americans . Openly calling for friendship with KIm from NJ after he loves missiles at our bases in Guam. Openly supporting the Suadi Gov after they assassinated a reporter. Shocking how quickly they turned Benadict Arnold.
So extreme and hateful rhetoric isn't the problem after all.

Old 10-29-2018, 07:04 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
The US Constitution does no recognize "Hate Speech"
The problem comes as we find out daily, that the internet and your presents on it, is highly controlled and monopolized, by a small select group of connected people, with an agenda.

Freedom and Liberty, has a unique way of exposing tyranny of any kind.

Old 10-29-2018, 07:35 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
A dead fish-head still stinks no matter kind of cherries you put in the eye sockets. Something is rotten here. I think America realizes that.
LOL. His manager gave an interview that he brought the sticker-covered van to work. She stated (along with his co-workers) that he had EXTREME political views.

The only thing that stinks is that this fool was radicalized by the hate that DJT fosters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Just wanted to point out that Reagan was president nearly 40 years ago. You mean the state of California hasn't managed to get mentally ill people into institutions since then?
No one has re-built those 'institutions" that we probably need in this day and age.

Old 10-29-2018, 07:39 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,620,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Fair answer, I appreciate your honesty.

And yes, CNN is incredibly biased.
That is not really a fair answer. Fox News is at least as biased as CNN, if not more.

Old 10-29-2018, 07:42 AM

13,212 posts, read 21,832,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The photos social media is having hell trying to hide, then Judge Jeane pops in! WHOA!
What do you mean Judge Jeane (Jeanine?), "pops in". That tweet was not by her. Spreading fake news again?

https://www.trendsmap.com/twitter/tw...85734793117696

Old 10-29-2018, 07:44 AM

13,212 posts, read 21,832,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
That is not really a fair answer. Fox News is at least as biased as CNN, if not more.
Media Fact Check's reports on both sites agrees with your statement. CNN is biased left, and Fox is biased right. However, CNN's factual reporting is rated higher than Fox's.

Old 10-29-2018, 07:46 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,620,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Media Fact Check's reports on both sites agrees with your statement. CNN is biased left, and Fox is biased right. However, CNN's factual reporting is rated higher than Fox's.
That doesn't surprise me. I don't watch either channel on a regular basis but every time I have turned on Fox it seems someone is screaming at something.

Old 10-29-2018, 07:51 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Like I said, Alex Jones is nutter than a bag of almonds, but he broke no law. He's been sued many times, but did he lose? Twitter and Facebook have been sued many times, but did they lose? See the pattern there? And Alex Jones' takedown demonstrated something truly terrifying: The people who control the Internet are more than happy to coordinate the complete unpersoning of a somebody they don't like. That should scare the hell out of everyone because next time it might be somebody you actually like and support.

If I want to insist that you are secretly a Russian Agent ... well I have the right to believe that don't I? If I want to believe that the world is flat, there's a whole movement that will back me up. Having a legitimate objectively true opinion not a prerequisite to having an opinion. Many opinions are very very stupid, but people are allowed to have them anyways.

As for threats made against you, I can't possibly speak to them since I know almost nothing about it. I can get your side on an anonymous political web-forum. That doesn't inspire me with enough confidence to have an opinion on the matter. But there are laws in place for this. Free speech does not allow you to make threats of physical violence. You can take legal action if you feel it best and I wish you well with it. Personally, I'm not one to be an asshat online. Some people are and they really need to dial it back IMHO. But "hate speech" doesn't exist according to numerous Supreme Court and Federal Court rulings. Legally, there's no such thing.
Jones's suits are currently in the system so it isn't as simple to say "He hasn't broken the law" because it is still being determined if his free speech went too far. I would argue any case or defamation (slander or liable) would in fact be going too far. This has been proven but what exactly is defamatory isn't clear since it is civil law not criminal law.

As for proof, if you have proof behind a defamatory comment that would be established during the lawsuit unless you are up front with it. I mean in your case with the Russian Agent comment, you'd need to show that I have ties to Russia or am a fake account. I also heard I have been a paid shill but I never never got any paycheck on here besides the contest victory. Someone would need to prove that I posted a check from Soros on some social media post to prove I am paid shill or otherwise it is pretty baseless and would be a lost suit.

Tying to the Jones suits, he would have to offer real proof that he had reason to say the Sandy Hook victims were crisis actors and the fake Parkland shooter was someone who had a mistaken identity for a good reason (similar look to the shooter for instance.)

As for threats, the problem we have most times online is that we don't know where someone lives to file a restraining order or charges against. That is a lot of information we typically don't have even on a Facebook post to do that. This means sadly the websites have to do something about it or you can say they are accessories to a threat or an actual criminal act for not funneling it to the proper authorities who should be told.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies