Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did the "bombing" case change your vote?
Yes,I was going to vote GOP,now I will vote democrat 9 4.29%
Yes,I was going to vote Democrat not will vote GOP 7 3.33%
No,I was going to vote GOP and I will still vote GOP 136 64.76%
No,I was going to vote democrat and I will still vote democrat 58 27.62%
Voters: 210. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2018, 07:24 PM

5,086 posts, read 2,298,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
No, it did not. I am not voting straight down the ballot for either party though. I am voting for Democrats and Republicans in this election.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
The whacko's in and running for office (and in the media) negatively influence my vote more than the perverse response of others to them.

A crazed M.Waters waving her arms and screaming on a street corner that Dems. should harass and chase Reps. from public places would keep me from ever voting for her or others of her ilk.

Like any rational person, I would condemn the mailing of a pipe-bomb appearing object to her or anyone. However, the fact that someone did, would hardly be a logical reason to vote for her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
As usual, ignore anyone voting 3rd party
This, this, and this. LOL. It might seem like these aren't compatible, but they really are.

I will add, though, that even though the bombs didn't change anything for me, the Kavanaugh debacle did actually change my mind on voting for the D candidate for mayor. I had been thinking she would have done a good job, but when I realized she was one of those who were condemning him, with NO evidence, that was enough to change my mind.

Whether she really believed what she was saying, or just thought that was what she was supposed to say didn't matter. Innocent until proven guilty in this country, above any local issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2018, 07:24 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,116,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
I don't see the simple poll answer of "I was going to vote for the best candidates and ballot issues and still am"???

Silly poll if that is the case.

I did notice that Trumps spread went UP - in other words, the difference between those who approve and disapprove got larger, which is not a good sign for Republicans in that matter.

Look - both political parties are going to claim victory almost no matter what, right? So why worry. I will be very happy if Dems take the Florida Gov. and Senate Seat...or either. I will be pleased if Beto gets within 8 points of a guy which cuts the usually margin in 1/2 or 1/3.

Rome wasn't built in a day and I don't expect this country to be saved from the hate mongers and inept current admin quickly.
You want Gillum to destroy FL?

The guy is a tool. Completely incompetent and Marxist to boot.

Old 10-28-2018, 07:37 PM

10,589 posts, read 4,118,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
The stickers on his pristine looking van looked quite new, would think there would be a little fading going on down in FL.
Forget the fading. His van should have been vandalized to kingdom come being in South Florida.

Old 10-28-2018, 11:32 PM

37,162 posts, read 42,333,240 times
Nothing external changes anyone's mind ever. We, and the press and pollsters, do like to carry on about this or that helping a particular party to win an election but the only thing an event effects is voter turnout, not someones political ideology. If it did then their ideology was pretty weak in the first place. Or more likely they didn't have one and just swung the opposite way of whoever they are disliking at the moment.

Old 10-29-2018, 07:16 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,602,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
You want Gillum to destroy FL?

The guy is a tool. Completely incompetent and Marxist to boot.
DeSantis is a tool AND a fool. He performed HORRIBLY in the debates - has spent way too much time speaking at events held by white nationalists and simply has nothing to offer.

At least Gillum believes in climate change and hopefully will take some action to stem the red tide which is causing so much havoc and putting fishermen out of business.

Old 10-29-2018, 07:25 AM

6,131 posts, read 8,011,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
I could give a rat's a$$ if you don't like Trump or voted for her. What I expose is the reasons you don't like Trump when you say he "likes" dictatorships like you been living under a rock under democrat Presidents and U.S. History and pretend that the U.S. dealing with dictators started under Trump.
You missed the point entirely.

The point was, why can’t you argue your case without resorting to grade-school-level nonsense? TDS is about as real as cooties.

Old 10-29-2018, 07:56 AM

21,507 posts, read 10,633,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
DeSantis is a tool AND a fool. He performed HORRIBLY in the debates - has spent way too much time speaking at events held by white nationalists and simply has nothing to offer.

At least Gillum believes in climate change and hopefully will take some action to stem the red tide which is causing so much havoc and putting fishermen out of business.
What can a governor do about red tides, or have any effect on climate change? That’s what you voted for in a local race?

Old 10-29-2018, 08:06 AM

38,316 posts, read 22,331,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Agree. It could be a lone wolf doing it because of ??? As a matter of fact, that is more likely than not the case, although the timing seems more than coincidental. Bombers are a very strange breed of criminal though, unlike most criminals, who have a monetary or love motive for their crimes. Bombers are usually male, white, in their 20s-30s, of high intelligence, unmarried loners with few friends, and their motive for their crime is often political or even unknown. It takes a cold, cruel person to kill (or even threaten) strangers.

This guy is even stranger, since his bombs don't seem to have been intended to ever go off. He seems to have just been trying to terrorize people, and not someone intent on committing murder.

Don't anyone get me wrong, he's still dangerous kook.

Old 10-29-2018, 09:18 AM

21,427 posts, read 7,496,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odium14 View Post
... its OBVIOUS the media is blaming President Trump for this ...
Trump should know that words have consequences.

It is why he lies all of the time. The words are chosen for desired results, not because they are accurate, but because they elicit the desired response in those who do not question the truth in them.

He bears a responsibility for lowering the level of public discourse. He introduced the genre of petty juvenile insults on the public stage.

He bears a responsibility for demonizing his political opponents and journalists. Not just once, but many times repeatedly. He labels his opponents as evil.

He bears a responsibility for encouraging a violent response, most especially in his many public statements at rallies. He had pledged to pay for lawyers to defend miscreants who hit people. He told police "don't be too nice" to suspects, when he should know that police are not the judge and jury and have a duty to protect even suspects (who might well be innocent) that they may have their day in court.
He has often justified violence, even recently praising a politician who physically assaulted a reporter.

He threatened a violent response if he did not receive the Republican nomination.

He bears a responsibility for his own moral equivocation. He knows that hate groups support him. He would not condemn their diatribes and actions nor distance himself from them. They are a part of his 'winning' political formula. The entire GOP bears a shared responsibility for this, following Trump's example.

This nation is lacking in the moral leadership we have come to expect from our president.

Old 10-29-2018, 09:21 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,768,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odium14 View Post
Did it? I listen to a lot of talk radio and even normal every day people. I call them normies were calling BS on this whole thing....to me as I have watched the evolution people just don't believe the media anymore and so many were saying none of this made sense,it only helped the democrats,the stamps weren't marked through as would happen IF they had gone through the post office,6 stamps WOULD NOT send a heavy pipe bomb etc. So did it change YOUR vote?
The polls taken here in 2016 were spot on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies