Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you more concerned about Terrorism or Illegal Immigrants harming you?
Terrorism 19 17.59%
Illegal Immigrants 65 60.19%
Other 24 22.22%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2018, 01:36 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,233,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
You’ll be okay, snowflake.
I know I will be and so will everyone else once the third world refuse is turned back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2018, 01:37 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Heres the man in case you spoke of from lib source, an illegal alien. Each listed is a real victim of illegal aliens.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mollie-...ls-2018-09-05/
Please just stop being obtuse. It happens.

This ones just hopeless

Of course it happens, but a list of potential crimes does not bolster your point of view.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-28-2018, 01:37 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
I voted illegal immigration, because it gives terrorist a great way to come in with minimal tracks.
Didn't a bunch of them come in through Canada?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-28-2018, 01:42 PM

62,976 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Neither. I'm not so paranoid and obsessed with the invasion of the parasite illegal immigrants that they concern me at all. If an American has a good education and good skills, and they should no matter what, they need not worry about the evil illegals coming after their job.

If they don't have a good education of good skills, they need to work on obtaining these and not obsess about what others are doing wrong. As for terrorism, Trump supposedly took care of that with his travel ban, so I have nothing to worry about that from that either.

Well unfortunately, not all Americans are well educated or skilled and they need those blue collared jobs so all the more reason to oppose illegal immigration. Many of them have also taken jobs from our American youth looking for entry level jobs for spending money and to gain some work experience. Our American construction and landscaping workers were skilled at what they did but the greedy employers who hired illegal aliens didn't care about that they only cared about increasing their profits.

I live across the road from a housing community that was built by these unskilled illegal aliens and they were so shoddily built that many of the homeowners up and left them. Commercial landscaping jobs used to pay a livable wage also until millions of cheap illegals flooded our border and these greedy employers wouldn't have been able to hire these illegal aliens if they hadn't come here violating our immigration laws. They are both equally guilty of breaking the law! Why don't you give a damn?

Old 10-28-2018, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Didn't a bunch of them come in through Canada?

No, not a bunch. Those who did had visas, duh. They didn't crash our border with Canada illegally.

Old 10-28-2018, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Of course it happens, but a list of potential crimes does not bolster your point of view.

Why do illegal aliens have to commit several crimes in order for us to object to their presence here? Ever heard of immigration laws and why they are in place? Do I need once again go into all the other negative impacts they have on our society in order for you to stop defending them?

As for crimes, how many are guilty of felony ID theft and/or tax evasion? How are they working without doing those things or is that unimportant to you?

Old 10-28-2018, 01:48 PM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,184,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I am against importing third world refuse.
^^ This. Americans can't afford to take in impoverished non-English speaking illegals without education, desirable job skills and numerous children from macho cultures that disrespect women... and being forced to educate their numerous children at $12K a year cost to taxpayers.

And where are these illegals going to live? We are already unable to house our own people in the major urban areas. Our middle class are forced to live an hour plus away from their jobs. The lower class have to hope for Section 8 and other government assist housing and food options. Our cities also need to find more sources of funding for the inner city ghetto schools... and why do liberals want to welcome these caravans of future illegals and DACA's???

On the other hand, while terrorism attacks are truly horrible, statistically it's a very unlikely that anyone in the US will be affected by an attack.

So just like how I voted in the last presidential election, I am mainly concerned with my rising property taxes and how my tax contributions are used. And I say no to illegals trying to force their way into our country. And from the interviews with people in that caravan coming up from Guatemala... it's clear that they haven't tried to learn an English, and that tells me, just like most of the illegal parents of DACA's, they don't plan to learn English or try to assimilate into our country. Instead, they will live on the margins of our society, speaking Spanish and being parasites.

Old 10-28-2018, 02:07 PM

Quote:
The last caravan had people applying for asylum, and of those who did 93% were approved. So that gives you an idea of the content of those caravans.

There is no reason why this same process would not be involved IF this current caravan makes it to our border.

Why would I be fearful of that?

I suspect that those who are rabidly anti immigration come from hate, not any fear.

Though from a psychological standpoint, hate and fear are related, but that's another thread.

Link please, to your claims that 93% of the last caravan were approved for asylum.

Old 10-28-2018, 02:29 PM

10,485 posts, read 4,048,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
No, but their biggest die offs happened well before Europeans ever set foot in the Americas....they were being slowly wiped out by infectious disease endemic to the continent.

Also something you clearly don't know about - the exposure to disease from Europe increased their overall resistance to infection....so they got an immunological booster shot from the challenge.

Unlike the modern world, isolated groups back then had no opportunity to achieve immunity to infectious disease unless they had an outbreak and could be exposed directly to the virus or bacteria.

Thanks to the work conducted entirely by the Western World, and the billions of dollars in direct expenditures again made entirely by the West, most of humanity has been well protected from epidemics of serious infectious disease, with many diseases that once devastated populations being "eradicated"...and brought back to Western nations only through immigration.
Yep. Seems most of the epidemics seem to spawn out of China. Same with the Flakka drug. And it's amazing how the DEA was real quick to shut that down but seem to be hopeless with the heroin epidemic.

Old 10-28-2018, 02:33 PM

10,485 posts, read 4,048,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
^^ This. Americans can't afford to take in impoverished non-English speaking illegals without education, desirable job skills and numerous children from macho cultures that disrespect women... and being forced to educate their numerous children at $12K a year cost to taxpayers.

And where are these illegals going to live? We are already unable to house our own people in the major urban areas. Our middle class are forced to live an hour plus away from their jobs. The lower class have to hope for Section 8 and other government assist housing and food options. Our cities also need to find more sources of funding for the inner city ghetto schools... and why do liberals want to welcome these caravans of future illegals and DACA's???

On the other hand, while terrorism attacks are truly horrible, statistically it's a very unlikely that anyone in the US will be affected by an attack.

So just like how I voted in the last presidential election, I am mainly concerned with my rising property taxes and how my tax contributions are used. And I say no to illegals trying to force their way into our country. And from the interviews with people in that caravan coming up from Guatemala... it's clear that they haven't tried to learn an English, and that tells me, just like most of the illegal parents of DACA's, they don't plan to learn English or try to assimilate into our country. Instead, they will live on the margins of our society, speaking Spanish and being parasites.
I find it interesting how these illegal immigrants, from thousands of miles away, seem to know more about America's welfare programs than I do? Are there like US representatives there to tell them all of the good stuff we got going on here and how to get it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies