Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2018, 11:15 PM

37,131 posts, read 42,196,846 times

Advertisements

I don't feel like explaining why a "healthy lifestye" isn't going to stop the need for prescription drugs, I'll just echo the idea that we should be able to look elsewhere for cheaper options for the things we NEED.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2018, 11:42 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,583,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Yeah who know what kind of drugs/pills you're getting from Mexico.
That is nothing more than a brainwashing tactic to scare people away!

Mexican pharmacies are MUCH easier to deal with compared to US pharmacies imo. That is actually where my Suboxone is coming from. Im saving about $120 a month since I stopped using a local pharmacy, the online pharm did not require I show the prescription or even that I had seen a doctor, I did have to electronically sign that I did (which I really did anyway)....and Yes, its the exact same Suboxone as I was getting at Walgreens, same wrapper, same drug, etc.

Old 10-29-2018, 12:13 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,600,459 times
This isn't new, but something like 85% of our drugs are manufactured in China, India, etc. where regulations aren't as stringent as they are here.

So this bit that the FDA / our gov won't allow us to get drugs from other countries since there's no control over them and it's a safety issue is b.s.

The FDA is a lapdog for Big Pharma.

Old 10-29-2018, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Strap the prescriptions to the caravan and they can deliver them when they cross over.

Win-win! I like it.

Old 10-29-2018, 12:32 PM

17,003 posts, read 12,586,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
While I certainly agree with you, another great step would be to end the stupid ban on importing meds from foreign countries, where the exact same meds cost pennies on the dollar.
More likely is congress doubling down on the ban making Utah plan illegal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
The reason drugs are more expensive here is because we subsidize them in foreign countries.
Because pharma OWNS congress.

Old 10-29-2018, 12:33 PM

18,801 posts, read 8,465,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
This isn't new, but something like 85% of our drugs are manufactured in China, India, etc. where regulations aren't as stringent as they are here.

So this bit that the FDA / our gov won't allow us to get drugs from other countries since there's no control over them and it's a safety issue is b.s.

The FDA is a lapdog for Big Pharma.
Legitimate drugs produced overseas for use in the US are watched over by the FDA. I had a friend, former FDA, that did such consulting for some Chinese companies wanting to make meds. She worked with them on meeting compliance issues.

Old 10-29-2018, 04:30 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,746,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Yeah who know what kind of drugs/pills you're getting from Mexico.

What if you bought them directly from the manufacturer? Do you think the Pfizer factory in Mexico is making something different than the Phizer factory in the US? Or...like everything else online, people would leave reviews & in short order, everyone would know the reputable distributors. I lived in Latin America for 20 years and never had a problem buying bad/fake/dangerous medications.

Old 10-29-2018, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Legitimate drugs produced overseas for use in the US are watched over by the FDA. I had a friend, former FDA, that did such consulting for some Chinese companies wanting to make meds. She worked with them on meeting compliance issues.
The FDA is not meeting the requirements to check for safety. How do you think incidents like tainted dog food, baby formula and deaths from drugs like Heparin happen?

Old 10-29-2018, 05:15 PM

18,801 posts, read 8,465,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
The FDA is not meeting the requirements to check for safety. How do you think incidents like tainted dog food, baby formula and deaths from drugs like Heparin happen?
No system is perfect. The FDA is certainly not either. Vioxx one of the best drugs on the planet for arthritis started killing people off. But IMO someone has to do it, and the FDA is it right now.

https://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety.../ucm112597.htm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies