Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2018, 08:10 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,136,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Thank you for always reporting the facts and keeping emotion out of the post.

Can you name these attacks specifically? Any worthwhile report offers documentation for others to fact check.
The link provided in the OP addresses that...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2018, 08:12 PM

6,772 posts, read 4,526,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
A new terrorism database analysis shows almost two-thirds of the terror attacks in the United States last year were carried out by right-wing extremists.

Researchers and journalists for the news site Quartz said they used data compiled by the Global Terrorism Database that has tabulated terrorist events around the world since 1970. The database is supported by the National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism (START), affiliated with the University of Maryland.
“A Quartz analysis of the database shows that almost two-thirds of terror attacks in the (United States) last year were tied to racist, anti-Muslim, homophobic, anti-Semitic, fascist, anti-government, or xenophobic motivations,” its posting says.
https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/...ing-extremists

No surprise....the Right-Wing EXTREMISTS have always been bigoted-racist, hate-mongering SCUM!
The study is flawed. When you look at WHO they consider "terrorists", Antifa (who pretty much run the city if Portland, OR and in the Bay Area commit unprovoked attacks on anyone they see as Conservative) and BLM (have incited violence and ambush murders towards police officers) are not even on the list. The "list" has an identity politics metric, so its judged based on political dogma and protected group status, not actual violence and unbiased statistical analysis. Too, that it uses stats going back some 48 years does not at all give the proper picture of how domestic terrorism affects the U.S. TODAY. When you have data, it has to be interpreted with apples-to-apples comparisons. This doesn't at all. To top it off, your last line of hate and selective bigotry so incoherently expressed didn't help your credibility. When someone starts flailing wildly the baseless and random "isms" and "phobs", the eye-rolling and chuckles ensue, lol.

Old 10-29-2018, 08:12 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,447,174 times
But left wing people protest sometimes! That's a form of terrorism!

Old 10-29-2018, 08:16 PM

1,406 posts, read 802,035 times
Quote:
They ARE THE PARTY OF HATE, AND WAR-MONGERS, and THE NAZIS were Right-Wing as are ALL White Nationalists!
You are incorrect. Racism is not a right-wing position.

24,201 posts, read 19,224,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
I've seen studies conclude the exact opposite. The vast majority of violent crimes, hate crimes and terrorist attacks come from the left -- according to the studies that I've seen.

So clearly somebody's fudging the numbers. The Southern Poverty Law Center -- your source -- accepted a cartoon frog, drinking milk, eating bacon and the OK hand gesture all as white supremacist things. I think your source is seriously out of touch with reality.
odd how you conveniently forgot to link to your supposed sources.

18,741 posts, read 7,620,616 times
Quote:
A new terrorism database analysis shows almost two-thirds of the terror attacks in the United States last year were carried out by right-wing extremists.

“A Quartz analysis of the database shows that almost two-thirds of terror attacks in the (United States) last year were tied to racist, anti-Muslim, homophobic, anti-Semitic, fascist, anti-government, or xenophobic motivations,” its posting says.
Oh, I get it. Let's create such a broad definition of "right-wing violence" that it takes in all of Antifa, all of the New Black Panthers, all the BLM thugs, all the people who make ends meet by taking free money and free stuff from the government without worrying about who actually provided it, and all the rest of left-wingers who are rioting, shooting people, calling for people to chase Republicans out of their homes, restaurants etc..

Then we can announce that rioting Democrats are actually "right wing". Wow, that makes the count of so-called "Right-wing violence" go through the roof!

Wasn't that easy?

BTW, here's another extremist who feels her way of life is threatened, and so is now defined as "Right-wing" for this "study":
Hillary Clinton said, "You cannot be civil with a political party that wants to destroy what you stand for, what you care about."

Cool. Let's all play this game.

Old 10-29-2018, 08:18 PM

19,845 posts, read 12,113,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
The link provided in the OP addresses that...

No, it does not. It only mentions a handful, not even with dates or specifics, out of 65 events. Hit yourself all you want but it will not change the fact that there is no documentation. I found one of those incidents and a homeless arsonist was arrested for the fire. Evidently, he’s a terrorist like the young black boys from Brooklyn arrested for burning a Jewish school bus the year before.

Old 10-29-2018, 08:21 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,224,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post

BTW, here's another extremist who feels her way of life is threatened, and so is now defined as "Right-wing" for this "study":
Hillary Clinton said, "You cannot be civil with a political party that wants to destroy what you stand for, what you care about."

Cool. Let's all play this game.
really? You think it's threatening for Hillary Clinton to say she doesn't have to be nice to people who scream LOCK HER UP! about her at every Trump rally?

Grow some cojones, righty snowflakes! You need them if a woman saying that she doesn't have to be nice to people who shout threats about her is scary to you.

Old 10-29-2018, 08:22 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
No, it does not. It only mentions a handful, not even with dates or specifics, out of 65 events. Hit yourself all you want but it will not change the fact that there is no documentation. I found one of those incidents and a homeless arsonist was arrested for the fire. Evidently, he’s a terrorist like the young black boys from Brooklyn arrested for burning a Jewish school bus the year before.
Oh I see...those deaths were not important or final enough for you approval. Find the equivalent on the left and point where the left wants to arm every ****ed up moron and their mother.

Old 10-29-2018, 08:44 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,233,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey2k View Post
This again? "Right-Wing" is not synonymous with "racism" or "bigotry". I'm sick of all "hate" crimes being classified as "far right"
It’s all the OP has. Screeches the same diatribe day in and day out. Getting somewhat tiresome but just brings another ho hum from me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies