Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2018, 07:14 AM

21,933 posts, read 9,503,108 times

Advertisements

Do you think Obama will finally go away now that his picks lost? One can dream.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2018, 10:46 AM

16,556 posts, read 10,630,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Yes, Mr. Obama will now stop fancying himself a king-maker and will decide that his time attempting to "fundamentally transform" America is done, and he will now retire to the life of a private citizen.

Also, the sun will rise in the west. The realm of the Prince of Darkness will suffer sub-zero temperatures. Porcine units will take flight over our major cities. Mr. Burns will give a million dollars to the local orphanage. (Simpsons reference.) Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy will jointly announce an end to their philanthropy. A major bridge in Brooklyn will be legitimately sold. That deposed Nigerian dictator will deposit a million dollars into your bank account.

And the Democrats will conclude that maybe, just maybe, some Republicans might actually be reasonably decent individuals who just happen to hold different opinions, and are not necessarily racist and/or sexist and/or homophobic and/or intolerant.

Old 11-07-2018, 10:49 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,664,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
And the Democrats will conclude that maybe, just maybe, some Republicans might actually be reasonably decent individuals who just happen to hold different opinions, and are not necessarily racist and/or sexist and/or homophobic and/or intolerant.
Wait, how can some Republicans actually be reasonably decent individuals when they support and are beholden to the wannabe dictator Trump?

Last edited by villageidiot1; 11-07-2018 at 12:15 PM..

Old 11-07-2018, 10:50 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
Quote:
Obama has a right to free speech just as much anyone else.

And you can forget talking about "norms" , because Trump destroyed norms while his fans cheered and danced.

This is literally Republicans reaping what they sowed. So buckle in, Obama will be helping out and working for dems as long as he likes..

Old 11-07-2018, 11:05 AM

9,519 posts, read 14,748,538 times
Why should he?

Old 11-07-2018, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
Why should he?

Speaking as someone who can't stand anything about him, he should go away because I can't stand anything about him. But from the standpoint of a Democrat (of which I am not one), he should go away because apparently he is not only not helping their electoral prospects, he is actually hurting them.

Old 11-07-2018, 11:11 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
Quote:
Speaking as someone who can't stand anything about him, he should go away because I can't stand anything about him. But from the standpoint of a Democrat (of which I am not one), he should go away because apparently he is not only not helping their electoral prospects, he is actually hurting them.

LOl, if you guys really thought that you would not open threads like this.
instead you would all be encouraging Obama to hang around.

The truth is simple.

Obama is doing good work to level the field , and you guys don't like it.

Old 11-07-2018, 11:13 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,580,440 times
Quote:

If anything Trump makes me nostalgic for Obama and I didn't really even like the guy.

What exactly is it (if it is possible for you to be specific) that makes you think Obama compares unfavorably to Trump?

Old 11-07-2018, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
If anything Trump makes me nostalgic for Obama and I didn't really even like the guy.

What exactly is it (if it is possible for you to be specific) that makes you think Obama compares unfavorably to Trump?
I realize that you addressed your question to the OP, not me, but I'd like to respond anyway. To me, Obama always exuded a sense of anti-Americanism. The apology tour, the downplaying of American exceptionalism, his desire to "fundamentally transform" this country, bowing to foreign dictators, seeking to hobble this country with harmful treaties (e.g. the Paris accords), and on and on and on, he always struck me as a "citizen of the world" and not a true American. Trump, on the other hand, strikes me as being very pro-American. Desiring to protect our borders from illegal migration, working to renew American energy sources, strengthening the military, removing us from the Paris accords, and on and on and on, he works to advance the interests of this country.

Those are by no means the only ways in which Trump compares favorably to Obama in my mind, but they play a large part in it.

I have no nostalgia for Obama. If I never see his face or hear his voice again, I'll be a happy man. So yes, I wish he would just go away.

Old 11-07-2018, 11:22 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,359,245 times
Quote:
In your dreams. Thank you for your concern trolling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies