Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2018, 06:24 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,709,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
I think I might have figured out where most of the TDS is coming from. Almost every criticism I hear or read about Trump mentions his lack of polished smoothness, his not coming across as an intellectual.

Really, the whole substance of the hatred seems to be that he doesn't talk like a highly educated elite.

Democrats should ask themselves why that is of such tremendous importance to them. Do they really think good political leaders must be intellectuals?

Liberals claim to be so tolerant, but they actually can be very bigoted about certain things. They admire youth and smooth talking elitist intellectuals. They really look down on everyone else.

And that, dear liberals, is why half the country still likes Trump.
Are you resurrecting this old campaign propaganda and running it up the flagpole for 2020 because the midterm Trump strategy did not work? Or just attempting to label and redefine something of value in order to further divide?

BTW reading is fun and useful and your first statement is false...not every criticism of the president is based on his lack of polish or even on his lack of character or moral compass. Some of it is just because he is mean and hateful and untruthful and greedy and dangerous to America and the world. ETC.....

Your second statement is flawed as well. For someone whom you admire because he does "not speak like an educated elite", you fail to observe that Trump has himself stated that he desires people with degrees from certain schools...you know those that have highly regarded reputations for education and promoting critical thinking. And falsely targeting and labeling people with the Low IQ moniker at the same time as touting his very smart genius self.....please, Good4Nothin. Trump has been envious of intellectuals his entire adult life; because he is too incurious and lazy to educate himself, to obtain that status he himself finds so desirable, he chooses to put it down.

And uhhhh Dems and progressives and liberals only want youth? I thought Trump and his crowd picked on Bernie and Hillary and Nancy Pelosi etc as too old to matter?

I would look in the mirror and maybe read and educate yourself so you could understand your own arguments and debate the truthfulness and accuracy of their merit. Then perhaps ask yourself why a leader wants to hoodwink his followers into believing that education and knowledge and critical thinking skills are undesirable traits.

Last edited by corpgypsy; 11-10-2018 at 06:50 AM.. Reason: spelling correction
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2018, 06:30 AM

23,561 posts, read 12,525,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
“jackhammered the friezes, dislodged them with crowbars, and pushed the remains inside the building, where they fell to the floor and shattered in a million pieces.”

If he was not going to save them why would he have them taken down intact and have them placed "inside the building"?
Seems very likely that he had tried to save them but the construction crew mishandled them and they were trashed when they fell over (oh yeah, that's Trump's fault too, right?)

Old 11-10-2018, 06:42 AM

When the leftist msm tells their viewers what to think.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
Liberals hate him not because he’s rough around the edges. It’s because he’s a racist, bigoted and egocentric dirty old man with no real education or understanding of the world. There are only three possibilities for trump....you hate him for his rotten core, you laugh at him for his stupid ignorance, or you admire him because he’s just like you.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Lets see, what is to dislike about Trump ….

He ...

is a liar
is a philanderer
Is amoral
Is a cheat
Is a racist
Is lazy
Is a waste of protoplasm
Is dividing the country
Is a purveyor of hate
Lacks a conscience
Has no empathy
Has no idea how government works
Is self centered
Is a bigot
Is a narcissist
Spreads fear
Degrades women
Lacks compassion
Is demeaning
Is a bully
Lacks social grace
Is a thief
Defrauds people

Nope …

Inarticulate didn't make the list.

Old 11-10-2018, 10:21 AM

3,346 posts, read 1,268,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
When the leftist msm tells their viewers what to think.....
Let me guess, everything that is not Fox News, talk-radio, and Breitbart is considered "leftist msm", right? And you think they are the underdogs, fighting against the mass media right? And you think you are getting this special information, that most people are not getting, which means you really know what's going on in this country right? Yep, they got you by the balls alright.

Old 11-10-2018, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
Let me guess, everything that is not Fox News, talk-radio, and Breitbart is considered "leftist msm", right? And you think they are the underdogs, fighting against the mass media right? And you think you are getting this special information, that most people are not getting, which means you really know what's going on in this country right? Yep, they got you by the balls alright.
wtf are you talking about , "underdogs", "fighting the masses" and "special information"? Wow, unhinged much?

Old 11-10-2018, 11:07 AM

4,299 posts, read 2,810,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
I think I might have figured out where most of the TDS is coming from. Almost every criticism I hear or read about Trump mentions his lack of polished smoothness, his not coming across as an intellectual.

Really, the whole substance of the hatred seems to be that he doesn't talk like a highly educated elite.

Democrats should ask themselves why that is of such tremendous importance to them. Do they really think good political leaders must be intellectuals?

Liberals claim to be so tolerant, but they actually can be very bigoted about certain things. They admire youth and smooth talking elitist intellectuals. They really look down on everyone else.

And that, dear liberals, is why half the country still likes Trump.

He doesn't care about anyone but himself (and maybe his sycophants). Hate is a strong word but that's the core reason to not like him. Personally I don't like his woe is me attitude. Not that I want to be president but he's the one that decided to pursue it so he should be happy he won. He has no good reasons to complain..he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. I don't pay attention to him like I used to but he's still not someone I'd like to hang around with. I'm just kinda over it and find it pathetic. Like I said before it's very reminiscent of my father. It was always someone else's fault even though he brought it on himself. I didn't like it then and I don't like it now so even though Trump is rich he's still as much of a loser as my father..just a loser with money.

I do find it mildly amusing at times especially the fact that some people will make excuses for him being that way and I wouldn't necessarily call him a Hitler. He's a moron.
I loved Bush myself. He could be dumb but he wasn't a moron because he actually cared about people.
If you actually lived with someone like that you wouldn't like him either but some people are too fortunate to see what's wrong with Trump.
There's something I have that Trump doesn't and that's resilence but it's still annoying to see people not realize that any misfortune they have they've totally brought on themselves.. If he was just a random person it would be less concerning but being the leader of our country and having that attitude is bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"I think I might have figured out where most of the TDS is coming from."

It took you a YEAR to figue it out!

It is simple, he BEAT hillary and became the President of the United States OVER her. PERIOD.

The little snowflakes EXPECTED "the smartest woman in the world" to win, so they could claim "We elected the first black president with obama and wanted the the claim of "we elected the 1st WOMAN as president".

And being the little spoiled brats they are, they grew up in the "everybody gets a trophy of equal value", Don't keep score" "nobody fails in school and is held back",etc. they couldn't handle the fact that they did NOT get their way and lost for the 1st time in their lives so they went screaming and crying in the street, created their "safe" places with their crayons and speed dialed the therapists to "help"them through the HORROR of NOT winning the presidency.

Probably the FIST time in their little lives they did/do NOT get their way and couldn't/can't handle it.

It took you an ENTIRE YEAR to figue that out!

Hilary who? Jk
You guys are obsessed with her for some reason I can't fathom. I mean I like her and yes I wanted her to win but mostly only because she isn't Trump (or people who would make excuses for him). She's not my favorite person or anything. I also understand why she might not be likeable to some people but compared to Trump she should be.
I couldn't care less about women winning. Men have their own issues but there's a lot of women I don't care for either so my gender can bother me at times.

Some Democrats are party happy too though I agree about that part. I don't understand the purpose of that. I mean I vote Democrat but prior to Trump it didn't really matter much to me what side won.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
They hate Trump because the media tells them they should. They judge the book by the cover as I found myself doing at the mid term elections. There were certain candidates running that I despised because their looks bothered me, their voice bothered me, etc..,without even caring to research what they stood for. Watching all of these commercials, where every candidate bashes each other I thought I knew everyones positions on the hot topics we are faced with today, however, after realizing I was doing the same thing to these candidates as so many people do to Trump, or anyone else for that matter, I listened to them and some had great ideas. Some of these ideas had been falsely stated in these commercials on tv that everyone is watching and it just leads to a nation of misinformed citizens that rely on what they see on tv for their facts.

I didnt like Obama at all, nor did I like most of what he did as a President, however, when he did something that I found to be positive, I gave him credit for it. I didn't hate a good idea just because Obama is the one that made it happen. Much like Trump, I like Trump but I certainly don't agree with everything he does. Before you hate on anyone, do your research. At the end of the day, its ok to disagree.

You're probably right. Some of them do focus on the media's opinion but I've seen lots of women who don't buy into celebrity gossip who can't stand Trump. I say this as someone who was surprised because sometimes I felt like the only one who could see certain things but that's not true at all.
For me (and the others who feel similar to me) the media is just catching up to what has been shown long ago. At my work there was a customer who told me she didn't like Trump when he was doing real estate. Like I said before intuitively I didn't like him the first moment I saw him. I didn't know who he was so I wasn't aware of his scandals but seeing him as a young child on the Fresh Prince there was something really off about him. I just couldn't pin point what it was so I guess I thought no more about it until I watched one season of the Apprentice (which I wish I never had) and then it all came flooding back when he ran for president.

I don't like that behavior of politics either. You kinda have to bash Trump but Democrats and Republicans have been doing that before Trump to people who I wouldn't say deserved it. One example was how Democrats treated Bush Jr. I get that he was a bad president but some of them act like he killed their puppy. I felt bad for him because he was doing the best he could and it is a difficult job. That's another thing that makes Trump already that much worse. He picked the worst job for someone of his personality.

I loved Obama. It's kinda difficult not to because he's an introvert (not that introverts aren't ever bad people..some dictators were but Obama was one of the good ones I could tell) but I also see that there are things he could have done better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
An interview on the Phil Donahue Show with Trump in 1987:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxNkMkAe7F0

Watch it.

Keep in mind that I've never really liked him, but if I had to pick, I'd rather have that guy for President than the version of Trump we have now.

At least that one knew how to sit with an interviewer who was lobbing some unpleasant questions and not start throwing out crazy accusations and being a jerk.

People can disagree with the media in a civil fashion. And, he knew how.... but, now, I really do not think wants to or is really able to hold a conversation with someone of an opposing viewpoint.

Maybe it's age. Maybe he is developing some dementia... I don't know.

But, this version of Trump was at least well spoken. And, you know I do not compliment him often, but he did use complex sentences once upon a time.

He has degraded.

I mean I guess if you had to pick you'd choose that version of Trump but it was all a facade. Maybe through his old age he doesn't care anymore and like someone else said he's president so he doesn't need to anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies