Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2018, 08:19 AM

15,096 posts, read 8,639,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
It's you people are who are going down that road. I don't for a minute believe she assaulted him but Acosta did not assault her either so just stop with this nonsense. Or read up through the thread to see where this thread is going. No one really believes she assaulted Acosta but no rational person can believe he assaulted her either and that's where the problem lies.

As to your wallet scenario, of course it's not assault at the point, it's self defense because *I* would have made the first move. Standing in front of you and grabbing your wallet is assault (I grabbed something off your body" and theft, because the wallet belongs to you.
Yes. The whole assault thing is an gross exaggeration ... similar to the gross hypocrisy of criticizing the President for his rudeness, in response to the disrespectful and rude conduct of the so-called “press”.

The fact is, none of them have any birthright, or constitutional right to attend WH press briefings. When an “invitee” behaves poorly, it should be expected that they might be un-invited as a consequence.

His rude unwillingness to yield the microphone when his allotted time was over, was an affront not just to the President, but to everyone in the room who were waiting their opportunity to ask questions.

To defend this hack and his obnoxious behavior is no longer surprising, and just standard operating procedure to be expected from the leftist mob. Fact is, the lefties have zero legitimate right to criticize others for rudeness, given their inability for civil discourse or basic decorum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2018, 08:47 AM

62,973 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
The President of the United States has no obligation to stand before a crowd of political hacks posing as reporters, and endlessly field illegitimate rhetorical questions like “when did you stop beating your wife”. The overtly hostile and disrespectful tone coming from these hacks would be enough to **** off the Pope ... or try Job’s patience.

These clowns have been treated with far more courtesy than they deserve .... fact is, that ANYONE from CNN is allowed on the WH grounds to ask questions is a courtesy they don’t deserve.

I couldn't agree more.

Old 11-10-2018, 08:49 AM

3,321 posts, read 1,101,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Even BuzzFeed disagrees with you.... BuzzFeed
I could care less about BuzzFeed. AP, Bloomberg, and Business Insider have proven it’s a fake.

Stop lying.

Old 11-10-2018, 10:01 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
And we are still bickering about this and not addressing that our President still doesn't get how tariffs work and who it impacts.

But have at it kids. This is easier to deal with because the notion that in spite of being corrected every time Trump suggests the country of origin pays the tariffs and not the importers -- he still doesn't understand how it works.

That is some crazy mind blowing stuff.

Old 11-10-2018, 10:53 AM

3,923 posts, read 3,647,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
She sure looked fine to me as she walked back over and sat down. If she wouldn't have tried to be hall monitor , none of this would have happened.
Look, I've already given my opinion on this thread that I don't believe this was actually assault. However, legally speaking, Acosta's actions could be viewed in that manner. I mean look, I could come up to you don, and hit you with a balled up piece of newspaper, and if you wanted to you could call police and press charges on me for assault. And depending on the jury, if it went to trial, you might even win. Or not. But bottom line, the fact that this woman was able to walk away from the incident does not negate the event itself. Do I believe this woman should press charges for what happened? No, I don't. Do I believe Acosta deserved to face some sort of consequence for his actions? Absolutely. And so would all of you if this was a reporter from Fox News.

Also, this woman was not trying to be the "hall monitor" in this situation. She was doing her job as she was directed to do. Trying to blame her for this incident is ridiculous.

Old 11-10-2018, 11:10 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,528,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The woman was doing her job, reached for the Mic and was struck by Acosta yet these Far Leftist blame Trump, the woman, and anyone else they can use as a scapegoat. They are just plainly dishonest.
I've said multiple times in this thread that the intern was placed in an awkward situation by both Acosta and President Trump. She neither assaulted him nor was she assaulted by him. I feel bad for the situation she found herself in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Also, this woman was not trying to be the "hall monitor" in this situation. She was doing her job as she was directed to do. Trying to blame her for this incident is ridiculous.
Agreed.

Old 11-10-2018, 11:29 AM

13,212 posts, read 21,835,413 times
If anything, she assaulted him. Watch the video. He had his arm extended pointing his finger at Trump, and was dropping it at exactly the same time the woman's arm was reaching up under it and they bumped. Seeing as how she came into his space, there is absolutely no question that if anyone is to blame, it is the woman.

Note that she turned to someone as she sat down and laughed.

Old 11-10-2018, 11:34 AM

23,638 posts, read 12,553,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
If anything, she assaulted him. Watch the video. He had his arm extended pointing his finger at Trump, and was dropping it at exactly the same time the woman's arm was reaching up under it and they bumped. Seeing as how she came into his space, there is absolutely no question that if anyone is to blame, it is the woman.

Note that she turned to someone as she sat down and laughed.
You're saying he's blind and didn't see her? Funny, he saw her the first two times when he pulled the mic away from her.

Old 11-10-2018, 11:56 AM

13,212 posts, read 21,835,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
You're saying he's blind and didn't see her? Funny, he saw her the first two times when he pulled the mic away from her.
What are you talking about? She made one grab for the mic. Are we watching the same video? Here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXSj...ature=youtu.be

Old 11-10-2018, 12:02 PM

34,235 posts, read 18,590,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
And we are still bickering about this and not addressing that our President still doesn't get how tariffs work and who it impacts.

But have at it kids. This is easier to deal with because the notion that in spite of being corrected every time Trump suggests the country of origin pays the tariffs and not the importers -- he still doesn't understand how it works.

That is some crazy mind blowing stuff.

Trump understands how Tariffs work. He is NEGOTIATING with the goal of other countries reducing their onerous, and unfair tariffs, and trade practices. Chess, not Checkers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies