Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2018, 10:13 AM

59,056 posts, read 27,306,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Here we go with more "common sense" gun reform from the asshats on the left. Hopefully this bill doesn't get off the floor.
https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-.../7115/text?r=1

"Hopefully this bill doesn't get off the floor."

Even if it does the Senate will NEVER pass it.

Just like when the repub House passed over 240 bills that harry reid let die.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2018, 10:16 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,752,145 times
This will pass with bipartisan support. Not for safety reasons, but because 3D printed guns cut the weapon manufacturers out of the loop.

Old 11-14-2018, 10:19 AM

1,874 posts, read 818,253 times
Quote:
To prohibit the sale, acquisition, distribution in commerce, or import into the United States of certain firearm receiver castings or blanks, assault weapon parts kits, and machinegun parts kits and the marketing or advertising of such castings or blanks and kits on any medium of electronic communications, to require homemade firearms to have serial numbers, and for other purposes.

What is a "assault weapon parts kit" ? Need a clear definition of that one.
What is a "machinegun parts kit" ? And what makes it different than an assault weapons kit ?

Currently semi auto rifles are not required to be registered , so why make an 80% receiver kit illegal ?

This is nothing more than a backdoor attempt of a ban on AR's. Particularly ones that are assembled at home. Just curious, how many deaths have we had with non registered "homemade" firearms ?
this. What is an 'assualt weapon'? Specifically? Certain parts? What parts? This kind of fuzzy language is the problem. I don't necessarily have a problem with 3D guns needing to have a serial #, but it needs to be written specifically for that.

Old 11-14-2018, 10:20 AM

18,091 posts, read 15,670,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
This will pass with bipartisan support. Not for safety reasons, but because 3D printed guns cut the weapon manufacturers out of the loop.
Bingo! Gun lobby will support any limitation on 3D printed guns/gun parts.

Old 11-14-2018, 10:26 AM

13,961 posts, read 5,625,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
What about this bill do you find threatening?
The continued ignorance of the safety device called "suppressor", to whit -
Quote:
Originally Posted by HR 7115, in part
(4) the term “semiautomatic assault weapon” means—

(A) a semiautomatic rifle or semiautomatic shotgun that has the capacity to accept a detachable ammunition feeding device; or

(B) a semiautomatic pistol that has—

(i) the capacity to accept a detachable ammunition feeding device; and

(ii) any one of the features described in subsection (b);
(b) Special Features Of A Semiautomatic Pistol.—The special features described in subsection (a)(3)(B)(ii) are—

(1) an ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip;

(2) a threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer;
So what scares me? OK, we had 1994 Assault Weapons BAN. Not limit, or common sense restriction, but BAN. This HR 7115 tyranny redefines "assault weapon" and now includes damn near anything semiautomatic, including pistols, as an "assault weapon." Once classified as such, the next "assault weapon" BAN is then a ban on damn near every firearm in existence. All that is left after that is the next "clarification" that somehow defines revolvers, bolt action rifles and pump/breech load shotguns as "assault weapons" and then bans them too. And what do you know....a nationwide gun BAN is now in effect.

So first, pass a bunch of innocent sounding "oh we are just updating definitions ad cracking down on homemade receivers" legislation, that slips in this new "everything is an assault weapon" set of definitions, and after you get everything that can fire a projectile defined as an assault weapon, then just ban assault weapons, and everyone will think "oh it's just those crazy machine guns that nobody should have" but will in fact be anything capable of firing a projectile, thus a complete ban on firearms.

Seriously, I put a suppressor on my Beretta 9mm and now it's an "assault weapon?" Hearing conservation, lower recoil and LESS muzzle velocity has turned my 9mm pistol into an assault weapon. Really?

Old 11-14-2018, 10:30 AM

13,961 posts, read 5,625,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
And the stealth redefinition of all semiauto weapons of any kind into "assault weapons" will be complete.

Next up, the newest assault weapons ban that comes on the heels of redefining all guns as assault weapons.

Old 11-14-2018, 10:34 AM

29,486 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobo1 View Post
this. What is an 'assualt weapon'? Specifically? Certain parts? What parts? This kind of fuzzy language is the problem. I don't necessarily have a problem with 3D guns needing to have a serial #, but it needs to be written specifically for that.

This is reasonable, the rest of the bill is pure ****.

Old 11-14-2018, 10:37 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Fair enough, I've been called worse and fully admit to being an *******. I was born this way...

Hey! You should write a song!

Old 11-14-2018, 10:42 AM

1,874 posts, read 818,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
And the stealth redefinition of all semiauto weapons of any kind into "assault weapons" will be complete.

Next up, the newest assault weapons ban that comes on the heels of redefining all guns as assault weapons.
yes, that part has to go. semi auto's are not 'assault weapons'. that is just an attempt to make them sound scary. any bill that refers to a semi auto as an assault weapon should be immediately dismissed.

Old 11-14-2018, 10:49 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Here we go... will it ever end ? H.R. 7115

I see it as little more than just another Congressional Dog & Pony Show meant to give the appearance of taking action, knowing it's unlikely to pass. That's never going to end.

I dislike Trump not because of his politics but because I have no respect for him as a man. That doesn't mean I don't believe that both sides of the aisle are littered with far too many who will put party over country to the detriment of the country.

The next man/woman presidential candidate I vote for rather than choosing the one I view as the lesser evil will be a 3rd Party candidate capable of giving both major parties the smackdown they need to let the country move forward.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies