Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2018, 11:57 AM

3,321 posts, read 1,100,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Who is the end-all be-all then?

They only got tagged with being racist once their popularity of supporting Trump grew, just as Trump's various bigot labels only happened after he became a serious contender for president, but not at all the past few decades before that, even Hillary liked him.
Trump is irrelevant; they were/are racists regardless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2018, 11:58 AM

4,019 posts, read 3,953,588 times
Quote:
How does Uber, taxi, etc, know they are Proud Boys when they get service? I use these services and at no time does any of them know my political views, or the reason for my travel.

It's usually pretty obvious. Most are covered in tatoos, wearing Proud Boys shirts,
have on MAGA hats, etc. In other words, a bunch of losers.

Old 11-18-2018, 12:01 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,736,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
What an absurd premise and red herriing; evidence exists that these cowards are racists, whereas you have none.

Is that how this works? Yes, yes it is.
You made a claim. You provide no evidence to support your claim. I happen to know quite a bit about the Proud Boys and I know that they are not a racist group. It's on you to provide evidence. You have provided none.

Are there racists in the Proud Boys ranks? Yes there are. Are there racists in the Democratic Party? Yes there are. So is it fair to conclude that the Proud Boys and the Democratic Party are "racist organizations"? Perhaps as a starting point, you could come up with an acceptable definition of what constitutes a "racist group." If you have a sane and logical definition as a starting point, then we can see if the Proud Boys actually fit that definition.

Or you can just do the Hitler/Goebbels thing and keep repeating the same thing over and over expecting everyone to simply accept it without evidence. And by that measure, I guess you're just going to have to own the fact that you're a serial rapist "just because I said so" as well. Sound fair?

Old 11-18-2018, 12:03 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,822,893 times
Quote:
Trump is irrelevant; they were/are racists regardless.
Then why did NBC, a very left leaning media outlet, not state so in their coverage?

Oh yes, because it is only recently they have to toss the "racist" label on them due to support for Trump.

Old 11-18-2018, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
You made a claim. You provide no evidence to support your claim. I happen to know quite a bit about the Proud Boys and I know that they are not a racist group. It's on you to provide evidence. You have provided none.

Are there racists in the Proud Boys ranks? Yes there are. Are there racists in the Democratic Party? Yes there are. So is it fair to conclude that the Proud Boys and the Democratic Party are "racist organizations"? Perhaps as a starting point, you could come up with an acceptable definition of what constitutes a "racist group." If you have a sane and logical definition as a starting point, then we can see if the Proud Boys actually fit that definition.

Or you can just do the Hitler/Goebbels thing and keep repeating the same thing over and over expecting everyone to simply accept it without evidence. And by that measure, I guess you're just going to have to own the fact that you're a serial rapist "just because I said so" as well. Sound fair?
You’ve also provided no proof to back up your claim; pot meet kettle.

Sound fair?

Old 11-18-2018, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Then why did NBC, a very left leaning media outlet, not state so in their coverage?

Oh yes, because it is only recently they have to toss the "racist" label on them due to support for Trump.
I’m sorry but NBC’s coverage is irrelevant deflection.

Old 11-18-2018, 12:12 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,278,266 times
People are too busy arguing over Uber to know what the fight was even for. People can say whatever they want and I would keep on walking by. What's this urge to silence anybody?

Old 11-18-2018, 12:13 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,822,893 times
Quote:
I’m sorry but NBC’s coverage is irrelevant deflection.
Not a deflection at all. The "racist" label only came once they became popular for their support of Trump, before that, despite being the same group with the same mission, did not have such label on them, even by left leaning media outlets like NBC.

Just like Trump never had such labels, until he became a serious contender for president. Before that, even the Democrats liked him.

Old 11-18-2018, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Not a deflection at all. The "racist" label only came once they became popular for their support of Trump, before that, despite being the same group with the same mission, did not have such label on them, even by left leaning media outlets like NBC.

Just like Trump never had such labels, until he became a serious contender for president. Before that, even the Democrats liked him.
Another false-equivalency and red-herring.

This group has nothing to do with Trump.

Old 11-18-2018, 12:16 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,736,454 times
Quote:
You’ve also provided no proof to back up your claim; pot meet kettle.

Sound fair?
You set the rules. I'm just following them.

If you can play Hitler/Goebbels and just say "they are racist" over and over again, and that's a legitimate way of establishing undeniable fact, then clearly me calling you a serial rapist becomes absolute and undeniable truth the instant I say it. That's precisely how the "because I said so" game works.

The alternative is actually backing up your claims with evidence, which like most people on the Left, you seem to be completely unwilling to do. I expect you'll continue to play silly word games instead, which just proves my point: You do not know what the hell you're talking about and are just mindlessly parotting other people's words without bothering to question them.

It should be interesting to see which way you'll play this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies