Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2019, 04:15 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman83 View Post
If you look to other countries that have Social Democracies, you can actually see that they have a thriving middle class, and have kept costs in check. Both school and healthcare.

Baby Boomers have really screwed up the US.. wanting tax cuts so they can buy more. While corporations offshored most of the jobs, busted the Unions, let wages stagnate for 30+ years and defunded Colleges and Universities, leaving everybody getting a education after them paying enormous amounts and let healthcare costs explode under their watch.

They inherited a well functioning society in the 60s and managed to make everything more expensive and offshore all the good paying jobs, while getting cheap trinkets in return from Asia.

Going even further in this direction.. IS NOT HELPING ANYBODY... but the richest.
I agree with some of this and yes the baby boomers are living high on the hog and yes, the tax cuts were a bad idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2019, 04:16 AM

1,705 posts, read 538,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The Scandinavian model can not be applied to a huge, diverse country like the U.S. We already have a "strong safety net" in the U.S. Please educate yourself. The United States is not a communist country like you want.

The Scandinavian model is perfectly scalable! If you include every country that has a similar model.. it easily equal or is larger then the US.

Scandinavia
All of Europe
New Zealand
Australia
Canada
Japan

India has begun and lets give it a decade or two to see how it goes.

Old 01-17-2019, 04:18 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The Scandinavian model can not be applied to a huge, diverse country like the U.S. We already have a "strong safety net" in the U.S. Please educate yourself. The United States is not a communist country like you want.
I don't know if it really matters that much to that poster.

IIRC, he lives in Norway, not in the U.S.

Old 01-17-2019, 04:35 AM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
I don't know if it really matters that much to that poster.

IIRC, he lives in Norway, not in the U.S.
Thank you. Makes sense.

Cortez will say anything that she thinks will get her more media attention. She is an elected official, and no longer a private citizen. So when Trump said p*ssy was he an elected official? See the difference?

She is a No class, gutter rat. Period.

Old 01-17-2019, 05:00 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
I want to know, who gangbanged her?

Old 01-17-2019, 05:09 AM

30,373 posts, read 19,170,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I find her very entertaining.
I do too...plus she's cute....best thing the Dims have sent to DC in quite some time.

Old 01-17-2019, 05:14 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,012,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Perhaps the dems are regretting the development of the far left loons. Instead of just being an occasionally useful group who could be counted on for a "rent a riot" or tormenting conservatives, they now actually have some of their members in power and are demanding institution of their crazy thoughts.

It is quite hilarious- the dems have fomented the lunatic fringe, but never dreamed they would actually want a leadership role in implementing all the insane ideas they have been conditioned to believe are rational.

This is like having a mean dog who has been used to frighten away intruders and irritate neighbors when called upon to do so. It was always a convenient relationship, as long as the dog was fed and stayed outside. That relationship has changed- that crazy, mean dog now wants to be the alpha male and rule the house. They have created a monster that they can no longer control.
wtf is it with you guys, and comparing women to dogs all the time.

Old 01-17-2019, 05:14 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Bwahaha.
Ocasio-Cortez To Dems Trying To Rein Her In: ‘I’m Not Locked Up In Here With You. You’re Locked Up In Here With Me’

“None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with YOU. You're locked up in here with me,” she said on Twitter quoting the character Rorschach. Whatever you may think, she’s already shooting inside the ship. Folks, we may have the female version of Donald Trump.

She answers to no one.... The people that elected her, knew what they were doing when they did it.
She represents everything about them well.
If Insane Asylums had never been abolished, she would not be in a position of power today.
The loons are running the asylum.

Old 01-17-2019, 05:22 AM

11,122 posts, read 5,593,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Bwahaha.
Ocasio-Cortez To Dems Trying To Rein Her In: ‘I’m Not Locked Up In Here With You. You’re Locked Up In Here With Me’

“None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with YOU. You're locked up in here with me,” she said on Twitter quoting the character Rorschach. Whatever you may think, she’s already shooting inside the ship. Folks, we may have the female version of Donald Trump.

Neither Dems or Republicans should be concerned about her. She'll burn out in a few months and won't be heard from again. The powers that be among the Democrats will see to it, that she doesn't cause them too much more embarrassment.

Old 01-17-2019, 05:29 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
wtf is it with you guys, and comparing women to dogs all the time.
Typical liberal diversion when the facts are too uncomfortable to address.

The dog analogy is apt, as a dog can be loyal and very kind to its master, but hostile and aggressive to others..................... as long as it is controlled. A dog out of control will turn on its master.

Cortez looks more like a horse than a dog anyway with those massive choppers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies