Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2018, 12:45 PM

48,532 posts, read 34,863,037 times

Advertisements

If you go by item #2, all of a sudden I'm a toxic female. /lol

Throw pillows? Really?

Want to know how utterly toxic I am? I pluck my husband's eyebrows!
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2018, 12:54 PM

1,239 posts, read 510,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
So toxic masculinity is something that's oppressive and victimizes women; toxic femininity though still has women as the victims.
No, you would fit into the first sentence of my post.

Toxic Masculinity effects boys, far more than girls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post

Throw pillows? Really?

That's worse than Toxic. My wife tried plucking my eyebrows a few times, I wonder if she'll try that on her next husband.

Old 11-23-2018, 01:06 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,430,854 times
Quote:

Throw pillows? Really?

Kinky.

Old 11-23-2018, 01:50 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
Quote:

Throw pillows? Really?

Interesting opening to discuss a subtopic of masculine/feminine punishments. Cruel and unusual punishments. How far can it go before the SCOTUS has to rule on it ? The leg being shaved may not be your own. Is it legal ? Gets the hairy eye of SCOTUS !!!

Old 11-23-2018, 03:49 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,401,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
That's exactly who they are. The militant in your face screamers
Many thanks for agreeing with me on this.

Old 11-23-2018, 04:01 PM

26,496 posts, read 15,079,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
What, exactly, is 'toxic femininity.'

I suspect this backlash against 'feminazis' is just a knee jerk reaction from those that feel men should have free reign to act any way they want towards women without any repercussions. Like rampant sexism and sexual harrassment in the workplace and in public. Or acting like rape against females is overblown and mostly made up.

Like the good old days right?

I have yet to experience any of this so called toxic femininity at work or in my private life. Again, what is this and how does it affect anyone in life? I made it through nearly 50 years of life without a single incident of me treating a female disrespectfully at work or in my social life. No sexual harrassment incidents, nada. I can't be the only one.
It seems as if a "toxic masculinity" exists that there could as easily be the inverse.

Try this on for size.

My cousin use to tell me in the mid 1990s that several of the girls in her sorority would scam the cop if pulled over for speeding. They would invent a fake story and start crying about how their friend was getting abused, or how they had just gotten abused, etc...and get out of the ticket. Balling, adjusting clothing to show cleavage before the cop gets to the window, if the opportunity presented itself shoving your teary face into his uniform.

It seems like that is using feminine traits to work the system in a toxic fashion.

Old 11-23-2018, 04:06 PM

21,934 posts, read 9,508,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
So toxic masculinity is something that's oppressive and victimizes women; toxic femininity though still has women as the victims.
Feminism has become women can't do anything wrong. Ask Hillary why she lost.

Old 11-23-2018, 04:51 PM

2,078 posts, read 1,029,067 times
Absolutely. I work in a field with prob 70% women and I hear all the gossiping and bad mouthing of mostly other women. This happens constantly not just a random conversation where people are venting. These are highly educated and well paid women too not riff raff.

Old 11-23-2018, 04:56 PM

3,130 posts, read 3,075,141 times
I think with how we've polarized ourselves in aligning political views with acceptable expressions of masculinity, it's pretty much impossible to have a discussion about what we call toxic masculinity.

All I'm going to say is that just like our society puts women into a straight jacket, it also puts men into a different kind of straight jacket. Men are hurting and don't feel like they can express their true selves for fear of ridicule. And it's sad, because on the one hand, you have the Trumpist types who enforce this code and bully any potential non-conformer into submission, and on the other hand, you have the radical SJW feminists who are so caught up in male privilege that they unwilling to acknowledge that men are real people with valid viewpoints. So I'm not sure what can be done here.

Old 11-23-2018, 06:19 PM

1,406 posts, read 801,550 times
The reason toxic femininity hasn't gotten the same attention as toxic masculinity is because it has been normalized. We expect and even encourage this behavior from women, thinking it's cute or funny or sassy or the ever popular "strong and independent". The stereotype is not seen as harmful as its masculine counterpart because it is more subtle, not as directly harmful or threatening.

My two cents anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies