Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2018, 02:21 PM

1,825 posts, read 1,420,699 times

Advertisements

I am liberal and pretty much have voted democratic my whole life. I will say this, I do think the media is more left leaning than right. I do think they are biased.

With that being said I don't think it's so much about fake news. Rather I think the media tends to focus on things that certainly paint the President and Republicans in a bad light. I agree with that. I don't think the media lies per say, but I do think they are manipulative. You can be manipulative without lying.

BUT at the same time, Trump ALSO gives them the ammunition and meat for them to be that way. Trump lies all the time, and this isn't biased it's fact. There is evidence abound of his lying. He's also a bully and causes more drama than necessary. So he also contributes to this.

Basically what I am saying is they both feed off each other. The media enables Trump to act out by overtly focusing on his negatives, then Trump acts out which causes the media to use that against him, and then the vicious cycle repeats itself over and over and over again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2018, 04:03 PM

3,130 posts, read 3,074,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
against the President?

Not only the left ping pundits like Maddow and Matthews..but main stream journalists as well?
The media claims to hate Trump. In reality, they love Trump, as he gives them so many ratings from both sides.

Old 11-30-2018, 04:06 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,115,507 times
I feel the media may have it’s own bias, but the president isn’t helping his case either.

It’s like a woman reporting a man on sexual harassment, that may be blown out of proportion, but the guy cant help but say rapey comments and act vulgar.

Old 11-30-2018, 04:14 PM

443 posts, read 1,567,029 times
I don't buy the liberal bias in main stream media, because the highest rated cable news network is fox news. Fox news has a much more direct indoctrination toward the right than CNN or MSNBC does for the left, because they openly endorse talking heads such as Sean Hannity that openly lie about policy. There is an always has been a liberal bent for news other wise, because educated people tend to be more liberal and the news networks employ educated people.

The current president is a joke, and yes all of the networks love his lunacy. Ratings have never been better, it gets so old hearing news about Trump day in and day out, the man just isn't that interesting, he's an idiot with a trust fund who is all about himself. Pefect man of the people for rednecks........bizarre.

Old 11-30-2018, 07:53 PM

30,369 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWMike View Post
I don't buy the liberal bias in main stream media, because the highest rated cable news network is fox news. Fox news has a much more direct indoctrination toward the right than CNN or MSNBC does for the left, because they openly endorse talking heads such as Sean Hannity that openly lie about policy. There is an always has been a liberal bent for news other wise, because educated people tend to be more liberal and the news networks employ educated people.

The current president is a joke, and yes all of the networks love his lunacy. Ratings have never been better, it gets so old hearing news about Trump day in and day out, the man just isn't that interesting, he's an idiot with a trust fund who is all about himself. Pefect man of the people for rednecks........bizarre.
The media has for decades been peopled and controlled by liberals with a liberal bias...when polled in past elections, the media vote normally in the neighborhood of 5-6% Republican....that's the context and the bias that is in the news media and has been for decades.

Fox News was the first network to try to be fair and balanced which attracted an audience that was right of center which made their more right wing hosts such as Hannity more popular. For every Sean Hannity, there's 200 Rachel Madcow types on the mainstream media outlets.

It's undeniable that the media portrays Trump in a negative light 92% of the time and the reverse was presented when Odummy was President, he could do no wrong in the eyes of the media.

Trump and every Republican around the country has to fight liberal bias in reporting....free and open press is what we hear from Trump, Hannity and Sarah Huckabee, not what we hear from the Left Wing biased media daily.

Old 11-30-2018, 09:17 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Because they are not just reporting it..dont you get that? They are intentionally adding their own interpretation and narrative for the sole purpose of twisting the truth.
They investigate and report lies Trump tweets about...no interpretation needed.

Old 11-30-2018, 09:54 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times
I think what's mainly happening is that conservatives are actively trying to turn people against the idea of a free press. They can't deal with criticism, and they wish they could just shut it down.

Old 11-30-2018, 11:00 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,115,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
I think what's mainly happening is that conservatives are actively trying to turn people against the idea of a free press. They can't deal with criticism, and they wish they could just shut it down.
It's a little bit of both. Media does have some bias.

But Trump's side can't stand any criticism. So there's no gray area.. Frankly you don't need to make anything up about Trump because when he speaks you can see what is wrong with him.

But the media has blown things out of proportion.

So scrutinize both the media and the president.

The only thing I'd support under Trump is going back to the Moon.. Because I like space.. And who doesn't like space?

Old 12-02-2018, 05:45 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,624,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
It's a little bit of both. Media does have some bias.

But Trump's side can't stand any criticism. So there's no gray area.. Frankly you don't need to make anything up about Trump because when he speaks you can see what is wrong with him.

But the media has blown things out of proportion.

So scrutinize both the media and the president.

The only thing I'd support under Trump is going back to the Moon.. Because I like space.. And who doesn't like space?
If its legitimate criticism, Then I have no problems. But the phony extreme outrage over picayune things like a twitter typo gets old real fast.

Old 12-02-2018, 05:50 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
If its legitimate criticism, Then I have no problems. But the phony extreme outrage over picayune things like a twitter typo gets old real fast.
I agree about things like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies