Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2018, 10:14 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times

Advertisements

This man sums up my feelings about it pretty well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SW4frKF5BYw&t=68s
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2018, 10:14 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,810,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Trump supporters regularly use the acronym MAGA to refer to Trump's agenda. What is MAGA? It's such a vague concept. I'm not asking what it stands for (for those who may not know, it stands for Make America Great Again). I'm asking what is Trump's agenda exactly? If Trump and fellow Republicans are successful, how will achieving this agenda make America great again? America was already great before Trump came into office. How will it become better?
Like "Hope and Change" was any better.

But I knew is was Change I didn't want. Same with MAGA for you.

Old 11-30-2018, 10:18 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,806,335 times
So after two years, is America great again?

29,487 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
He wants us to go back to the iconic illusion of the 1950s when gays, blacks and women supposedly knew their places in society and were happy being second class citizens. In Trump's eyes that would be making America great again.
That's funny. I've never once seen Trump live up to those claims. Interesting what you focus on though.

When I think of the 50's, I've only got to go off of what family members have told me and what I've seen in books, documentaries and the web.

It was a time when families focused on families. When people put America first , when nationalism hadn't been tarnished by the left. When careers, not just jobs could be had without the need for a degree.
My grandparents on both sides were 1st generation in the US, one side of Mexican heritage , the other Italian. Only two of the four had completed HS. One set lived in a rural town in KS, the other in a rural town in MI. Both were able to afford homes, two cars and raised their families (one side had six kids, the other two) on a single income. Both sides were able to retire comfortably and when illnesses set in, had no worries about losing homes over it and were covered for them. One set celebrated their 70th wedding anniversary , the other would have but my grandma passed some years before it. All the kids (my aunts , uncles, and parents) ended up living successful lives ranging from skilled trades people to business people and from lower middle class to lower upper class.

For those that are ignorant, this is what those of us that wish the country could return to those values. Oh, and the 50's clothing , vehicles and architectural styles were awesome. The music.. not so much.

17,155 posts, read 12,965,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Like "Hope and Change" was any better.

But I knew is was Change I didn't want. Same with MAGA for you.
So no answer huh? Apparently Trump supporters don't know what it means either.

Old 11-30-2018, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
So after two years, is America great again?
It's getting better every day.

Old 11-30-2018, 10:22 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
What Exactly is MAGA Anyway?

Make Avarice Great Again

Old 11-30-2018, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
So no answer huh? Apparently Trump supporters don't know what it means either.
For me, MAGA means that people who think and believe like you do no longer have free reign to bully, push or legislate your agenda onto the American people without facing significant backlash. For decades we have let the least productive and most ignorant segment of our society take control of too many aspects of our country and we are taking things back from the lunatic left more and more every day. It's a difficult battle, it won't be over when Trump leaves office and there is still a ton of fighting left to go but at least average people in this country realize that defeating these left wing morons is possible.

Old 11-30-2018, 10:25 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,446,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
That's funny. I've never once seen Trump live up to those claims. Interesting what you focus on though.

When I think of the 50's, I've only got to go off of what family members have told me and what I've seen in books, documentaries and the web.

It was a time when families focused on families. When people put America first , when nationalism hadn't been tarnished by the left. When careers, not just jobs could be had without the need for a degree.
My grandparents on both sides were 1st generation in the US, one side of Mexican heritage , the other Italian. Only two of the four had completed HS. One set lived in a rural town in KS, the other in a rural town in MI. Both were able to afford homes, two cars and raised their families (one side had six kids, the other two) on a single income. Both sides were able to retire comfortably and when illnesses set in, had no worries about losing homes over it and were covered for them. One set celebrated their 70th wedding anniversary , the other would have but my grandma passed some years before it. All the kids (my aunts , uncles, and parents) ended up living successful lives ranging from skilled trades people to business people and from lower middle class to lower upper class.

For those that are ignorant, this is what those of us that wish the country could return to those values. Oh, and the 50's clothing , vehicles and architectural styles were awesome. The music.. not so much.
Exactly. I have no idea why anyone wouldn't want that. The only people who I can think of who wouldn't are the ones that want to tear society apart AKA modern Leftists

Old 11-30-2018, 10:26 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,186,735 times
My Attorney's Getting Attorney's
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies