Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2018, 03:42 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,536,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Also, walk on eggshells, realizing that in the Current Year anything can be construed as "harassment."
It does not even have to amount to "harassment" anymore. Apparently these days men should have their lives ruined if years later a women all of the sudden realizes that she was "uncomfortable".

Sadly, this whole movement has gone well off of the rails. Which is really a shame because there is almost unanimous support for seeing true sexual harassment or assault punished and stopped in no uncertain terms. But increasingly, this movement is doing more to undermine the credibility with these sorts of legitimate claims than it is doing to help them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2018, 03:43 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,780,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
an accusation by a woman is deemed to be true by the me too fanatics and HR departments without proof. a mere accusation by a woman can destroy a man's career. why take that chance to have any contact whatsoever with a female when there is another option to hire for the same job....men?

it makes me so mad the fanatical women have screwed up women's progress in the workplace. We worked so very hard to be accepted based on our value as good employees in the male bastions of power. I predicted when this me too first appeared there would be a backlash towards women because of the "believe all women" crap.
Now you know how angry and frustrated women have felt for decades.

The obvious solution here is to cease hiring men. I wonder why no one suggests that.

Old 12-03-2018, 03:43 PM

3,677 posts, read 2,565,931 times
So listen unfortunately this is not only happening on Wall street.

Whether right or wrong. I work in the chemical/engineering arena and the Phd's and managers simply don't want the hassle.

You work in the lab with a young lady in a small lab and often times you are one on one.

So they've adopted the same type of unspoken rules. Now when they want assign top project they are simply getting lab chemist and lower engineers that are male. they've decided no more boss/chemist holiday lunches. we've changed it to one big pot luck lunch next week.

HR is kinda waiting to see if this will also carryover next spring when we do the summer recruiting at the universities. If next fall we end up with all males, we'll know.

Old 12-03-2018, 03:46 PM

6,830 posts, read 3,228,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Some men don't want to die virgins. That's why.

So bang everything you can, don't develop a healthy relationship with a woman. Wow! I worked for well over 30 years with a multitude of women, had good friendships with out drooling all over them. I've been married for 42 years, I'm no virgin. I still maintain friendships with many of the women I worked with. I don't avoid women now, I greet them pleasantly and move on with my day. I don't get this "problem".

Old 12-03-2018, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Now you know how angry and frustrated women have felt for decades.

The obvious solution here is to cease hiring men. I wonder why no one suggests that.
because on wall street and in the tech/stem arena unfortunately it's still very much male oriented.

Old 12-03-2018, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61nyc View Post

Whether right or wrong. I work in the chemical/engineering arena and the Phd's and managers simply don't want the hassle.

You work in the lab with a young lady in a small lab and often times you are one on one.

So they've adopted the same type of unspoken rules. Now when they want assign top project they are simply getting lab chemist and lower engineers that are male. they've decided no more boss/chemist holiday lunches. we've changed it to one big pot luck lunch next week.

HR is kinda waiting to see if this will also carryover next spring when we do the summer recruiting at the universities. If next fall we end up with all males, we'll know.
Don't be surprised to see them hire some females, but only ugly women. Zero hotties. That is one way to mitigate some of the perceived risks here.

Old 12-03-2018, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willamette City View Post
So bang everything you can, don't develop a healthy relationship with a woman. Wow! I worked for well over 30 years with a multitude of women, had good friendships with out drooling all over them. I've been married for 42 years, I'm no virgin. I still maintain friendships with many of the women I worked with. I don't avoid women now, I greet them pleasantly and move on with my day. I don't get this "problem".
the problem is fear. Once again this is only the atmosphere I see. Many men feel that ANYTHING they say can now be misconstrued. We have about 55 Phd investigative scientist, about 50 of them are male, their junior scientist are mainly young ladies. again this is a close partnership, you are in a lab with this person most of the day and only you two. I've had some of the scientist ask me to sit in on their evaluations because they don't want to take the chance that a young lady doesn't like her rating and then say some thing untoward happen. Simply saying "Good morning Jane, you look well this morning" could come back in 5 years and bite them in the rear.

Old 12-03-2018, 03:55 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,643,460 times
I was waiting for the backlash. I'm surprised they're openly talking about it. Black folks are going through the same increased discrimination but hiring managers aren't openly discussing it.

With women it's not that hard to avoid putting yourself in a situation where a woman can falsely accuse you of anything.

Old 12-03-2018, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I was waiting for the backlash. I'm surprised they're openly talking about it. Black folks are going through the same increased discrimination but hiring managers aren't openly discussing it.

With women it's not that hard to avoid putting yourself in a situation where a woman can falsely accuse you of anything.
Yeah, and that is really sad too. But if you are worried that a hire candidate is going to be a BLM/SJW problem causer, then who in their right mind would want to hire someone who they are concerned is going to act like that?

Old 12-03-2018, 04:01 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,564,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61nyc View Post

IF that happens - your company can then be sued for discrimination.

So .. plan B.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies