Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2018, 06:45 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,127,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
When people cast thier vote that’s EXACTLY what they are doing.
Which is EXACTLY why I don't vote. I refuse to consent to my own slavery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2018, 06:59 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,476,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
I like it. Those are good points and food for thought.

I must say that dropping out is not the ultimate answer, don't muzzle yourself. There hasn't been a country yet that existed without a government, and if we were to get rid of ours, some other country would be sure to supply one for us against our will.

The government we have in the USA is not perfect, to be sure, but it's still the best example of an experiment in self rule so far and we can even yet make it better. The only alternative to it is not an acceptable alternative at all.

Old 12-05-2018, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I like it. Those are good points and food for thought.

I must say that dropping out is not the ultimate answer, don't muzzle yourself. There hasn't been a country yet that existed without a government, and if we were to get rid of ours, some other country would be sure to supply one for us against our will.

The government we have in the USA is not perfect, to be sure, but it's still the best example of an experiment in self rule so far and we can even yet make it better. The only alternative to it is not an acceptable alternative at all.
I respect the respectful response.

I respectfully disagree with your other points, as there can be no self-rule with a State. But that's for another thread.

Old 12-05-2018, 07:18 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,476,834 times
Quote:
I respect the respectful response.

I respectfully disagree with your other points, as there can be no self-rule with a State. But that's for another thread.
We can agree to disagree. I appreciate the viewpoint.

Old 12-05-2018, 08:16 PM

18,051 posts, read 27,503,944 times
Quote:
I agree with your post, except for this part.

Lincoln wanted to send all the slaves back to Africa. He hated black people and thought they were vastly inferior. Along with many, many, MANY other things, Lincoln was the 2nd-worst President in U.S. history--after Wilson.

I highly recommend these books to find out the truth about Tyrannical Abe:

Lincoln may have had those thoughts at one time, but Frederick Douglass set him straight.

Lincoln's attitude about slavery of the eventual Black Americans from Africa could be summed up like this, They are human beings just like us, like and accept them or do not, but at very least, they should be given the same rights as us and left alone.

Old 12-05-2018, 08:26 PM

5,772 posts, read 3,229,896 times
In the Supreme Court case Janus v. AFSCME a 40 year old decision was overturned to satisfy those who would destroy the union movement. If we get more judges like Kavanaugh, perhaps even older laws like Social Security will come under scrutiny.

Next election the republicans must go.

Old 12-05-2018, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Lincoln may have had those thoughts at one time, but Frederick Douglass set him straight.

Lincoln's attitude about slavery of the eventual Black Americans from Africa could be summed up like this, They are human beings just like us, like and accept them or do not, but at very least, they should be given the same rights as us and left alone.
Maybe so, but he that doesn't excuse his blatant tyrannical acts while in office. Shutting down newspapers? Arresting state legislators? C'mon.

Old 12-05-2018, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
Next election the republicans must go.
And replace them with what?

There's literally no difference between Democrats and Republicans.

Old 12-05-2018, 09:04 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,398,248 times
Quote:
Maybe so, but he that doesn't excuse his blatant tyrannical acts while in office. Shutting down newspapers? Arresting state legislators? C'mon.
Revenue Act of 1861: first income tax

6′ 4″ of pure evil.

Old 12-05-2018, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Revenue Act of 1861: first income tax

6′ 4″ of pure evil.
Yep.

And what blows me away is the adoration he gets from so-called “conservatives.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies