Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2018, 12:16 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,661,250 times

Advertisements

Sen Hirono Hi. difficult time connecting with voters b/c Dems know so much, appealing to voters' minds not their hearts.

The arrogance is amazing !!! I wonder if she really believes the nonsense coming out of her mouth or there is another motive.
The way every fact is twisted and turned around to take on the qualities of others they don't have and shed the ones they want to disassociate from, that are real.

She made me laugh.
She puts everything backwards and that's the emotion she got out of me. She hit my funny bone.

The first-term senator gained widespread notoriety as a leading Democratic voice for the women who accused against Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh of sexual misconduct. She urged men to "shut up and step up" when the Senate was confirming Kavanaugh to the court.

( First time I heard her say that, it sounded like the definition of a phallic symbol, I had to go look it up and refresh the meaning. When I did the meaning is so clear on her view of men )

Dems have hard time connecting to voters because they know so much: Hirono
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/giu...m-sick-puppies

one of the things that we, Democrats, have a really hard time is connecting to people’s hearts instead of [their heads]," Hirono said. "We’re really good at shoving out all the information that touch people here [pointing to her head] but not here [pointing to her heart]."

Last edited by phma; 12-05-2018 at 12:40 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2018, 12:37 AM

29,219 posts, read 22,376,569 times
It's Hawaii.
How many Japanese prize the mind over emotion? That's part of their ancient Asian culture, and Japanese and other Asians comprise 37.9% of the population.
The Asians have been intermarrying with the native Hawaiians for many decades, and the natives comprise another 33%, as mixed-race or natives.

With nearly 70% of the Hawaiian population prizing mind over emotion, it's no wonder any politician there has to appeal to their minds, not their hearts. You see is as arrogance. They see it as the only way to get ahead in life and be happy. You may be correct, it may be arrogant, but that won't change things at all.

You already know how fierce all those little Asian Tiger Moms are in seeing their kids become as intellectual as possible. For the Asians, it's the way out of working the fields and slopping out noodle bowls over the counter all their lives.

For their kids, and for them too, for when they're too old to chop vegetable fields any more. They have to have a successful kid to keep them comfortable in old age.

It applies to politics just as much as it does in everything else in their lives.

Old 12-05-2018, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
It's Hawaii.
How many Japanese prize the mind over emotion? That's part of their ancient Asian culture, and Japanese and other Asians comprise 37.9% of the population.
The Asians have been intermarrying with the native Hawaiians for many decades, and the natives comprise another 33%, as mixed-race or natives.

With nearly 70% of the Hawaiian population prizing mind over emotion, it's no wonder any politician there has to appeal to their minds, not their hearts. You see is as arrogance. They see it as the only way to get ahead in life and be happy. You may be correct, it may be arrogant, but that won't change things at all.

You already know how fierce all those little Asian Tiger Moms are in seeing their kids become as intellectual as possible. For the Asians, it's the way out of working the fields and slopping out noodle bowls over the counter all their lives.

For their kids, and for them too, for when they're too old to chop vegetable fields any more. They have to have a successful kid to keep them comfortable in old age.

It applies to politics just as much as it does in everything else in their lives.
Good explanation.
Most people will never hear it.
She'll do maximum damage to the Dems every time she speaks.
Especially among men who hear what she says. A clear man hater.

Old 12-05-2018, 01:04 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 25 days ago)

29,561 posts, read 16,552,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Good explanation.
Im not sure what exactly you are arguing.

Taking her words for what they are, she is saying Democrats arent good with the emotional push, thats not arrogant at all. In fact, you can find someone on either side willing to say that, and say the opposite.

Democrats either get called bleeding hearts, or thinking of people as statistics and not real life beings.

so again, are you angry at her for simply not working it like you prefer or what ? I honestly dont get it. And if that is the case, do you call Republicans out when they say a version of this about Dems or even about themselves ?

Old 12-05-2018, 01:22 AM

29,219 posts, read 22,376,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Good explanation.
I don't think so. She's Asian, and Hawaiian. Asian men do rule their roost, but the allow their wives to be tiger moms, and approve of their ways. That's not man hating; it's also Asian tradition.

Some of the white male Democrats may hate it, but there aren't enough of them who do to make any difference in elections, as Hawaii has long been a Democratic stronghold.

Democrats don't tend to do party self-damage. That's conservative territory. When there's trouble inside the Democratic party, the Dems always try to think their way out of it.

But as dsjjsays: Are you angry at her for not working it?

She's a Democratic Senator in a Democratic state after all. Where's your problem?

Old 12-05-2018, 05:51 AM

I hear the clowns latest comments and I laughed. That was actually the way it was.

If that is anger as you two see it, its not my problem.
I sure have no problem with her being a democrat and the more she is put in front of a camera or mic the better it will be for republicans.

Connecting to people and trying to win their vote, or over to a politicians side, on a issue by telling them how much smarter they are is a throwback to aristocracy.
It wasn't acceptable when I was a democrat but it is now. Keep her out front leading the democrats. Those who need the elite aristocracy to follow will follow and those who don't is where I'll be.

Those who hate you don't win unless you hate them, and then you destroy yourself. Richard M. Nixon
People will vote for someone they don't like but they don't vote for someone who doesn't like them.

As someone in the comments/link said :

Me know so much, me smarter than you. Vote for me get free stuff! I'm still laughing

Last edited by phma; 12-05-2018 at 06:41 AM..

Old 12-05-2018, 11:32 AM

7,778 posts, read 6,392,491 times
Hirono has an extreme mental problem.

Old 12-05-2018, 06:24 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,402,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by engineman View Post
Hirono has an extreme mental problem.
A lot of Dems and Republicans seem like they have mental problems, so it should it not be surprising.

Old 12-05-2018, 07:01 PM

20,111 posts, read 9,028,155 times
she's such a clown

Old 12-05-2018, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
she's such a clown
Crazy Mazie idea translation = Democrats are the smartest people on the planet with all the answers and voters are too stupid to know it.

So many examples to disprove Crazy Mazie's claim. Maybe there will be a montage. At the end will be the truth and that is, it paved the way for Trump to become President Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies