Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2018, 07:12 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times

Advertisements

Whenever someone points out that some rich person spent xyz dollars that could have fed a poor person, I wonder if that poster lives in a stripped down studio and wears the same clothes every day and walks everywhere and has no phone/tv and spends every non-essential penny on poor people.

I mean, they would have to, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2018, 07:14 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
That's economics.
No, that’s a stretch just like I said.

Old 12-12-2018, 07:17 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Pointing out the hypocrisy of the left, now means it is a wet dream for the right to be for it.

Insane Asylums closing, has it's long term consequences in the loony lefts party of, power over the people.
Indeed. It's unconscionable that these people would attend such an outlandish wasteful party, $100,000,000 wasted on a single bride, in a country with such poverty, hardship and human suffering. 100s of 1000s living in squalor just a few blocks from that place.

Wonder how many private jets belched huge amounts of carbon gasses for these "elites" to attend this debauchery?

These are the same people who want to preach how people should live in the USA while they have no intention of doing it themselves.

Old 12-12-2018, 07:28 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,738,569 times
I hope you're equally outraged by Trump spending $210 million taxpayer dollars to send troops to the border to thwart a non-existent problem, all so that he could get more votes in the midterm elections.

You want disgusting, that's disgusting.

https://www.newstatesman.com/world/n...rs-210-million

Old 12-12-2018, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
I hope you're equally outraged by Trump spending $210 million taxpayer dollars to send troops to the border to thwart a non-existent problem, all so that he could get more votes in the midterm elections.

You want disgusting, that's disgusting
Dear. Trump isn't at that party. You can't pin that mess on him as much as you want to with such a fallacious argument. .

And I certainly don't mind Trump spending money to defend our borders. The US Constitution requires him to do such.

Old 12-12-2018, 07:32 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,087,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
Surely you don't think that a private citizen in India has the responsibility to pay anything at all toward the starving people around him. This seems like a republican wet dream.
Agreed. What a joke this thread it. A private citizen, from India, spending lots of money on something he wants to spend lots of money on. Heavens to Betsy.

Do I personally think it's a waste of money? Yes, big time. But it's his money, he either earned it or inherited it from his parents like Donald Trump did, so he can do what he wants.

Does the OP wonder how many starving people could be fed in New York if Donald Trump sold his $3,000,000 golden toilet he has in his Penthouse suite in Trump Tower?

Old 12-12-2018, 07:35 AM

20,111 posts, read 9,023,728 times
My money is my money, earn some of your own and spend it as you wish.

Old 12-12-2018, 07:36 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,738,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Dear. Trump isn't at that party. You can't pin that mess on him as much as you want to with such a fallacious argument. .

And I certainly don't mind Trump spending money to defend our borders. The US Constitution requires him to do such.

Dear. Unfortunately the evidence is not on your side with regard to this supposed need to "defend our borders." They're already defended, and migration from Mexico has been net zero since 2014. The caravan wasn't an invading army that would've overtaken the border.

Trump sending the army was an unnecessary political stunt. You don't mind taxpayer waste as long as it's spent on an idea that makes you feel good.

Transparent as always Waldo.

Old 12-12-2018, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post

Does the OP wonder how many starving people could be fed in New York if Donald Trump sold his $3,000,000 golden toilet he has in his Penthouse suite in Trump Tower?
Another Trump post in a topic that has nothing to do with him.
You guys certainly can't deal with the hypocrisy of the Hollywood and USA political elite from the left, who are at that party.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post

Transparent as always Waldo.
Transparent? You are loath to talk about the actual topic. If you want to complain about Trump, go find one of the "I Hate Trump" topics and have at it.

Old 12-12-2018, 07:47 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
I gotta know. Did you go back to work that day after lunch?
Sure did.

It was my dream wedding.

Had a sailboat chartered for an evening sail on Lake Michigan for a handful of close friends.

The next day we embarked on the honeymoon in Arkansas to fish! This occurred the same week 6 million chickens died in the state due to the oppressive heat. It was the first and last vacation my husband planned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies