Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2018, 04:52 PM

18,449 posts, read 8,275,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Cherry picking again are you?
[/u]
nope... didn't cherry pick anything....people were saying the ice volume was going down faster
....and NASA says it's not

December 11, 2018
NASA: Global Warming Promotes Arctic Sea Ice Growth < NASA

" it is also thickening at a faster rate during winter. This increase in growth rate might last for decades,"

https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard...m-decline-nasa

Old 12-12-2018, 04:52 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Like a left wing progressive cares about grandchildren. They come across as drug addled hippy burnouts so self absorbed I doubt they even have contact with their grandkids.
They don't care about the borders, terrorism, jobs, the debt, drugs, crime and a failing education system. But they'll sit there and defiantly display their ignorance and parrot what paid scientists are saying even if they're as scientifically illiterate as they come and have no idea what to do about it.
Give me a break, that ^ is just absolute nonsense.

Old 12-12-2018, 04:53 PM

1,675 posts, read 576,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Which graph are you referring to?

The ones provided by Corrie22.

Old 12-12-2018, 04:55 PM

57,288 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelogo View Post
The ones provided by Corrie22.
Corrie provided 7 links (more is always better LOL} which one are you referring to.

Last edited by Goodnight; 12-12-2018 at 05:08 PM..

Old 12-12-2018, 04:58 PM

18,449 posts, read 8,275,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
You cherry picked a graph, just like you cherry picked one quote out of a 7 page article earlier to make your case. Skeptical Science can back up their discussion with facts, they promote science.

The question is, why are you bringing up a false claim of global cooling in the 1970's when the discussion is about loss of ice in the arctic. Did you read the entire article you commented on earlier or do you just move on to google to find a different story.

So did you read the rest of the article you chose to post or just that one paragraph.
[/i]

....because the conversation was about global cooling being a myth

Here's a list of 285 published science papers saying the earth was cooling

285 Papers 70s Cooling 1

Old 12-12-2018, 04:58 PM

33,541 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
You give him a lot of credit, I would say " ... because I can't think."
Those graphs show that the temperature in the 60s, 70s, dropped, which doesn't align with the narrative, so now they just say that was wrong and temperatures have risen without interruption.
Nobody said that. Below is an explanation of the cooling between the 40s and 70s

Here is the most reasonable explanation of what happened based on what we know:

The greenhouse gases increased the positive forcing (warming) and the aerosols increased the negative forcing (cooling). During the time between the mid 40's to the 70's, the negative forcing was strong enough to override the positive forcing of the additional greenhouse gases in the atmosphere.

The aerosol pollution got so bad that we had acid rain beginning to destroy crops and destroy the protective ozone layer in our upper atmosphere. So while we had the advantage of the aerosol pollution to offset global warming, the pollution was killing our food supply and causing cancer.

The result was the Montreal Protocol to reduce atmospheric pollutants and aerosols. Everyone remembers CFC's, skin cancer, and the Styrofoam problem.
So we cleaned up to save our food, air & skin..., it worked!

40's to 70's cooling, CO2 rising? &mdash; OSS Foundation

Old 12-12-2018, 05:11 PM

1,675 posts, read 576,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Nobody said that. Below is an explanation of the cooling between the 40s and 70s

Here is the most reasonable explanation of what happened based on what we know:

The greenhouse gases increased the positive forcing (warming) and the aerosols increased the negative forcing (cooling). During the time between the mid 40's to the 70's, the negative forcing was strong enough to override the positive forcing of the additional greenhouse gases in the atmosphere.

The aerosol pollution got so bad that we had acid rain beginning to destroy crops and destroy the protective ozone layer in our upper atmosphere. So while we had the advantage of the aerosol pollution to offset global warming, the pollution was killing our food supply and causing cancer.

The result was the Montreal Protocol to reduce atmospheric pollutants and aerosols. Everyone remembers CFC's, skin cancer, and the Styrofoam problem.
So we cleaned up to save our food, air & skin..., it worked!

40's to 70's cooling, CO2 rising? &mdash; OSS Foundation

You just copied and pasted the whole thing. So CO2 causes warming and aerosol causes cooling. Got you.

Old 12-12-2018, 05:14 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,115,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I don’t live in the arctic so I don’t care.
Its ok its gonna be a fun disaster for all of us.

Old 12-12-2018, 05:17 PM

Quote:
You just copied and pasted the whole thing. So CO2 causes warming and aerosol causes cooling. Got you.
No, not the whole thing because I'm not an atmospheric scientist, are you?

Old 12-12-2018, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
Why yes, I do....find one of those graphs that's fake or made up.....if you can't, they are credible

...so climate denier blogs (even though the links had nothing to do with that) are not credible

but The Atlantic magazine is the epicenter for scientific research.......

Do you guys really get spoon fed like this?...you don't look things up?...you just buy into whatever the media tells you?
No I accept the science and you accept whatever the denier blogs tell you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies