Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2018, 01:31 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,093,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Yesterday, Trump lied about 10 terrorist being caught at the border. Reporters have been unable to find any source verifying that claim.

Trump lied about those in the caravan carrying infectious diseases. No evidence of that either.

He lied about how his wall already being under construction. This is also a lie.

Just one lie after the next. I've never seen anything like it.

Then Trump supporters repeat these lies over and over.

Will we soon be in a world where truth makes no difference?
I fear we are approaching this new reality at ludicrous speed.

Trump's base is about 33,000,000 strong, and they will believe anything he says.

Old 12-12-2018, 01:38 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,237,534 times
Quote:
Yesterday, Trump lied about 10 terrorist being caught at the border. Reporters have been unable to find any source verifying that claim.

Trump lied about those in the caravan carrying infectious diseases. No evidence of that either.

He lied about how his wall already being under construction. This is also a lie.

That's one frightening angle that needs to be hammered home, every time he lies. This is NOT normal, and NOT what is right for the country.

We need a president for ALL Americans, not just a president that panders to 35% of the population.

This can not be normalized.

Old 12-12-2018, 01:39 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,862,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
That's one frightening angle that needs to be hammered home, every time he lies. This is NOT normal, and NOT what is right for the country.

We need a president for ALL Americans, not just a president that panders to 35% of the population.

I fear it already is.

There are many who think that Trump's constant lying throughout the meeting with Pelosi and Schumer signaled that he "won" the day.

I'm not kidding.

Old 12-12-2018, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post

No, it cannot.

It's crazy because, Trump has pulled the GOP so far to the right and endorsed the crazies, that just about any level-headed, mostly normal republican who runs for president in 2020 will probably be embraced by 60+ % of the country, to include moderate republicans, independents, and most democrats.

I'd like to see reasonable, respectable republicans John Kasich, Scott Brown, or Charlie Dent run for POTUS on the GOP side in 2020.

Old 12-12-2018, 02:36 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,900,628 times
Lying Trump quote:
In San Diego we're building new walls right now. And we've — right next to San Diego, we've completed a major section of wall, and it's really worked well. So a lot of wall has been built.

FACT CHECK: Tremendous portions of the wall have not been built. Yes, some barrier renovation has happened, but little wall construction has been completed under Trump.

Maybe Trump could rollback the tax cuts on the wealthy to help pay for a little wall here and there over the next few years. However that ain't going to happen. And my middle income tax break hasn't shown me a thing yet as I keep looking for it.

Old 12-12-2018, 03:08 PM

7,815 posts, read 6,399,445 times
Quote:

Are you attempting to claim that out of 7000 Central Americans not one of them has an infectious disease?

Old 12-12-2018, 03:38 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,440,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Are you attempting to claim that out of 7000 Central Americans not one of them has an infectious disease?
You mean 4000.

Old 12-12-2018, 04:02 PM

5,342 posts, read 4,434,338 times
People, this thread is about lies. It is NOT a chat thread for you to just quip anything you like. It's called hijacking and hijacking is against the Terms of Service.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.

Old 12-12-2018, 04:14 PM

Donald Trump lied?! I can't believe it!

https://twitter.com/scott_matteson/s...99494465994757

Old 12-12-2018, 04:25 PM

16,760 posts, read 8,226,477 times
Today, Cohen and AMI acknowledged that the monies paid to 2 woman just before the election were to help Trump's campaign.

Trump is on tape, Cohen leaked talking about election law.

So he has lied from the beginning, the middle and now as the end approaches he continues to lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies