Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2018, 06:27 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,539,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The ignorant ones are you and yours on this issue and I have explained why over and over in here. I guess congress back in 2006 was also ignorant to approve of this 700 mile long wall on the most porous areas of our border to? The point is also to force illegal aliens to try and enter at more dangerous and difficult areas so fewer will try and fewer will succeed. I guess that also escapes you and yours.
As it was never funded it doesn't seem like it is a priority. Someone has to pay for all of Trump's golf trips.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2018, 06:34 PM

62,972 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
As it was never funded it doesn't seem like it is a priority. Someone has to pay for all of Trump's golf trips.
And just why wasn't it a priority? I'll show you why with the below link and it goes to show what traitors we had in congress back then. Congress should not pass legislation and not follow through on implementing it as it's a waste of their time and the taxpayer's money.

WTH does Trump's golf trips have to do with this? He wasn't even president back in 2006 and he doesn't even take a salary as president now. Your statement was completely idiotic. Why don't you have a problem with the over $100 billion a year that illegals cost us instead? I'm sure Trump's golf outings don't cost anywheres near that much.

https://www.investors.com/politics/e...mplementation/

Last edited by Oldglory; 12-16-2018 at 07:39 PM..

Old 12-16-2018, 07:01 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,682,105 times
Quote:
And just why wasn't it a priority? I'll show you why with the below link and it goes to show what traitors we had in congress back then. Congress should not pass legislation and not follow through on implementing it as it's a waste of their time and the taxpayer's money.

WTH does Trump's golf trips have to do with this? He wasn't even president back in 2006 and he doesn't even take a salary as president now. Your statement was completely idiotic. Why don't you have a problem with the over $100 billion a year that illegals cost us instead? I'm sure Trump's golf outings don't cost anywheres near that much.
Don't get yourself too worked up....it's not good for our health.

Hey, you can only do what you can do. Vote. Donate. Contact your Representatives. Etc.

It's highly doubtful you are going to convince the majority of Americans that a taxpayer-funded boondoggle for political purposes is worthwhile.

I remember all the hubbub about Star Wars (another boondoggle) 30+ years ago. Trillions in defense spending later we don't have anything remotely close.

Words are very easy...actions or result harder.

Old 12-16-2018, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neon55 View Post
He said Mexico would pay for the wall nuff said.

Right, nuff said by you and yours repetitious whining about Mexico paying for the wall when it's been explained to you over and over in here. Give it a rest!

Old 12-16-2018, 07:59 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,219,950 times
Quote:
Right, nuff said by you and yours repetitious whining about Mexico paying for the wall when it's been explained to you over and over in here. Give it a rest!
Nope, you haven't explained. You've just incessantly tried to justify Trump's lies but your attempts remain a failure. Trump said what he said, nothing you claim will ever change that. It has nothing go do about wanting or not wanting the wall, Trump owns the words he said.

Old 12-16-2018, 09:37 PM

32,069 posts, read 15,072,790 times
Quote:
For the umpteenth time! To get a bill passed in congress Trump would need some support from the Democrats and there are enough of the Republicans in congress that don't support him so your claims are moot!

Are the juvenile insults really necessary? Ever heard of civil debate?
Trump does not need support from democrats since republicans are the majority. They could easily pass anything without democrats. The problem is many republicans don’t want to fund the wall either. You should be blaming your own party

Old 12-16-2018, 09:55 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Trump does not need support from democrats since republicans are the majority. They could easily pass anything without democrats. The problem is many republicans don’t want to fund the wall either. You should be blaming your own party
Wrong.

Republicans haven't had filibuster proof majority in the Senate for these last two years, and still won't for the next two years.

Old 12-16-2018, 09:58 PM

32,069 posts, read 15,072,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Wrong.

Republicans haven't had filibuster proof majority in the Senate for these last two years, and still won't for the next two years.
Why would republicans need to filibuster when they are in control.

Old 12-16-2018, 11:29 PM

1,378 posts, read 737,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
NICE job of conveniently overlooking the FACT he also ran his campaign on Mexico paying to build that wall.

Of course he also ran on the premise he was not just another lying politician which we now know to be the biggest lie of all.
You're right. Amazing how many stupid people there are in this country tbat believed that. It still boggles my mind. Let me just say some random stuff that im going to do with no evidence or plan to back up how im going to accomplish my goals.

Old 12-17-2018, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron99 View Post
You're right. Amazing how many stupid people there are in this country tbat believed that. It still boggles my mind. Let me just say some random stuff that im going to do with no evidence or plan to back up how im going to accomplish my goals.

Were you and yours all bent out of shape in 2006 when the wall bill was actually passed and no plan for anyone else to pay for it but the U.S. taxpayer? Here's Trump's plan and I don't really care who pays for it anyway as it's well needed, cost effective and the good walls do work. I don't put a price on our national security because without it we have no country. You and yours priorities are so screwed up but then so is your real agenda against building the wall. You fool no one.

https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/Pay_for_the_Wall.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies