Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2018, 04:12 PM

48,586 posts, read 35,055,571 times

Advertisements

Zero Hedge via Sputnik.com.

I think I'll wait for another source. Thanks.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2018, 04:17 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,737,662 times
This says it all. Proved in this topic too.

https://twitter.com/aaronjmate/statu...70535459086337

Direct from congressional testimony.

Old 12-13-2018, 04:22 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,554,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Zero Hedge via Sputnik.com.

I think I'll wait for another source. Thanks.
Here is his testimony televised on CSPAN, with the video hosted by YouTube. The question and answer exchange starts at the 51:50 mark:

Old 12-13-2018, 04:23 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,721,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
This says it all. Proved in this topic too.

Direct from congressional testimony.
The same Republicans who asked Google about the iphone they make.

Of course, Russian TV has quite a few youtube channels. I'm sure the OP doesn't even know how many....no one does....and therefore, no one knows how much they spent in production, marketing, etc.

No one. But it's a lot by any measure - enough propaganda to easily swing a close election.

The NRA has admitted being tied to at least 20 Russian donors. Does NRA spending of RUSSIAN money not count?

Sorry, a big thread fail. You are not talking to fellow Trumpies here- and Russias are not stupid. They don't spend the money directly - walk into Google with rubles and hand them over! How silly.

Old 12-13-2018, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
The same Republicans who asked Google about the iphone they make.
Is that all you focused on? That one single slip of the toungue. Did it change anything said?

Is is this what you have to do to see the Russian meme completely destroyed by the testimony?

Shouldn't be hard to answer.

Old 12-13-2018, 04:26 PM

57,409 posts, read 26,384,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
By comparison, Trump and Hillary spent $81 Million on facebook ads.
You of course are just looking at paid ads by the Russians, the more significant issue was the phony personalities created by Russian companies and agents. Information put forth was retransmitted millions of times by people that were not even aware that these were Russian bots. One sticks in my mind was the family from Pa that was pro Trump/anti Hillary. There actions had a tremendous impact on the election. The funds they spent overseas far exceed simple advertising and is not easily traceable like ads.

If you want to know the real impact you should listen to the intelligence agencies rather than dismissing the hacking because of the CEO's statement.

Quote:
Sometimes an international offensive begins with a few shots that draw little notice. So it was last year when Melvin Redick of Harrisburg, Pa., a friendly-looking American with a backward baseball cap and a young daughter, posted on Facebook a link to a brand-new website.
“These guys show hidden truth about Hillary Clinton, George Soros and other leaders of the US,” he wrote on June 8, 2016. “Visit #DCLeaks website. It’s really interesting!”
Mr. Redick turned out to be a remarkably elusive character. No Melvin Redick appears in Pennsylvania records, and his photos seem to be borrowed from an unsuspecting Brazilian. But this fictional concoction has earned a small spot in history: The Redick posts that morning were among the first public signs of an unprecedented foreign intervention in American democracy

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/07/u...-election.html

Last edited by Goodnight; 12-13-2018 at 04:35 PM..

Old 12-13-2018, 04:28 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,554,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
You of course are just looking at paid ads by the Russians, the more significant issue was the phony personalities created by Russian companies and agents. Information put forth was retransmitted millions of times by people that were not even aware that these were Russian bots. One sticks in my mind was the family from Pa that was pro Trump/anti Hillary. There actions had a tremendous impact on the election. The funds they spent overseas far exceed simple advertising and is not easily traceable like ads.
So since we cannot know how much this might have been, could you please fabricate some sort of baseless and thoroughly laughable estimate of what you want everyone to accept by faith from you that it must have been?

Old 12-13-2018, 04:32 PM

48,586 posts, read 35,055,571 times
Russia buying ads on Google has never been a very big issue, I'm not sure why you think you made some grand point.

I didn't even know they were being looked at for Russia meddling, and now I know why.... there wasn't very much of it............. on a search engine.

Again, the issue has been their meddling on social media, and Google is NOT social media.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-13-2018, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Russia buying ads on Google has never been a very big issue, I'm not sure why you think you made some grand point.

I didn't even know they were being looked at for Russia meddling, and now I know why.... there wasn't very much of it............. on a search engine.

Again, the issue has been their meddling on social media, and Google is NOT social media.

Well.

This sounds like moving the goalpost after the game was lost.

Old 12-13-2018, 04:37 PM

30,390 posts, read 23,858,591 times
Quote:

"on its platforms". Plural. That includes YouTube which is considered "social media". Google owns YouTube, that is part of Google's "platforms", plural. You can buy ads on Google's platforms, including YouTube, which is part of social media.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies