Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2019, 10:43 AM

19,642 posts, read 12,231,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Idiot women aren't the only ones - there are idiot men who do this. Casey Anthony was having money sent to her by men, along with letters.
There was a hidden camera report, men would actually stop and help attractive women commit crimes. I think the women were pretending to steal bikes and asking the men to help them and they would. Also, if an unattractive woman appeared to be in distress barely any men would pay attention enough to stop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2019, 11:57 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
For lots of lonely women, there's no safer lover than a convict who will never leave prison alive.

He can be just about anything a woman wants him to be in her fantasies, and he won't ever hurt or abuse her.

Even John Wayne Gacy, who was about as repulsive as it gets and was gay to boot, had a lot of female groupies who loved him dearly. Its crazy, but I guess it's something in human nature.
very good points. it's still a pretty disturbing phenomenon.

Old 03-08-2019, 11:58 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
First thing I thought of here was the Seinfeld episode when George dates the prisoner, and one of his reasons was because "there's relatively little competition" and he doesn't have to worry about what she's doing...LOL... tried to find a youtube clip but couldn't find one.
Yup. Female murderers get men who want to marry them too. It's a perfectly safe relationship for someone who has been rejected, or too shy to go hunting for a mate, or all kinds of other reasons.

A lot of men love bad girls just as much as a lot of women love bad boys. Loving them from afar, knowing they're always going to be safely locked up, allows those people to experience the thrill of 'dating' a bad boy or a bad girl with none of the dangers of the real thing.

But there's always a danger lurking in a relationship like that. Convicts love to play head games, and will try to use anyone who writes love letters in any way they can.

That too could become a thrill, though. Part of love is dueling with your mate, and so the people who go after convicts may want that as much as anything else out of the relationship.

When a person's life is empty, lonely and boring, anything that will spice it up is all good for some folks, even if it is a real bad relationship. When the bad boy is behind bars, it gives the woman some feeling of control over the relationship. The same is true with men.

Old 03-08-2019, 11:58 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,810,168 times
Loneliness plays a part, plus a sense of perhaps the woman can "help" him, she is also in control of the relationship. Many prisoners are receiving letters and money from multiple women as well. A prison visiting room is quite a collection of all types of people. Quite a sad sight too.

Old 03-08-2019, 11:59 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
And? This isn’t unusual, happens a lot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
This is nothing new & it’s not news worthy.
you're sure giving it a lot of love for it being so boring and un-newsworthy

Old 03-08-2019, 12:03 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,810,168 times
The thing that bothers me the most is female correctional officers who get involved with an inmate. What in the hell are they thinking? It happens quite a lot and I have no words for the disgust I feel.

Male ones probably do as well but I have no experience with that.

Old 03-08-2019, 12:05 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
There was a hidden camera report, men would actually stop and help attractive women commit crimes. I think the women were pretending to steal bikes and asking the men to help them and they would. Also, if an unattractive woman appeared to be in distress barely any men would pay attention enough to stop.
I saw that - it was on an episode of What Would You Do. The men were happy to help with some even admitting they didn't think the bike was hers. Unreal, until you stop and remember what idiots men can be when it comes to an attractive woman...lol.

Of course with stories of Ted Bundy and Dirty John, women also fall prey.

Old 03-08-2019, 12:08 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
First thing I thought of here was the Seinfeld episode when George dates the prisoner, and one of his reasons was because "there's relatively little competition" and he doesn't have to worry about what she's doing...LOL... tried to find a youtube clip but couldn't find one.
Yup. Female murderers get men who want to marry them too. It's a seemingly safe relationship for someone who has been rejected, or too shy to go hunting for a mate, or all kinds of other reasons.

A lot of men love bad girls just as much as a lot of women love bad boys. Loving them from afar, knowing they're always going to be safely locked up, allows those people to experience the thrill of 'dating' a bad boy or a bad girl with none of the dangers of the real thing. Best of all that good looking convict is someone they think they can control.

Part of love is dueling with your mate, and so the people who go after convicts may want that as much as anything else out of the relationship.

When a person's life is empty, lonely and boring, anything that will spice it up is all good for some folks, even if it is a real bad relationship that will never lead to anything much.

Old 03-08-2019, 04:00 PM

477 posts, read 276,712 times
Yeah... except everyone is forgetting about all those statistic women bring up ad nauseam about which gender murders the other more often.

So if women are more often killed by men opposed to men being killed by women... wouldn't it stand to reason that maybe women should be pickier about the men they involve themselves with?

And when I say pickier, I mean about traits that actually matter, not the superficial and emotional.

But hey, there's nothing that ticks a woman off more than men "telling her what to do" so by all means, continue to date and marry whatever guy floats your boat, consequences be damned.

Old 03-08-2019, 04:27 PM

7,511 posts, read 4,355,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328 View Post
Is this is F'ed up? What is this guy going to do for the rest of his life? He says he "has a picture of Shannon and the girls up in his prison cell and reads to them every night?"

https://www.wral.com/chris-watts-rev...view/18235648/
I think what they should do with him is place a tight noose around his pathetic little neck and then have him stand on a block of slowly melting ice surrounded by pictures of Shannon and those poor little girls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies