Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2018, 11:57 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,493,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators
that's irrelevant. the op had the USA today attached to it. it defaulted to fake news.
LOL that this is your reply in a thread about shallowness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2018, 12:02 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,289,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
She and her handlers must have agreed she did something nefarious. Why apologize otherwise?

come on, you know the reason why. PC culture and they want to protect their brand. Now you have to walk on egg shells especially when its a white person versus a non-white.

you think if it was the other way around, the Cambodia girl would have to apologize.....you think if a black teenager made the same comment, she would have to apologize in public for saying that when you speaks in English to the Cambodia girl she just nods her head pretending to understand and seems lost and that she feels bad for her because she doesn't have translator?....you know the answer to that.

Old 12-15-2018, 12:03 PM

30,363 posts, read 23,827,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krosser100 View Post
Miss USA (Nebraska) makes offensive race-related remarks on a social media video before Sunday's Miss Universe Pageant.
She should know better.
She has since apologized (damage control) but I'd like to think she has NO CHANCE winning now.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...sh/2300626002/
How is that "racist"? It's definitely rude, but it's not "racist". Saying, "I adore her" after that doesn't dismiss that it was a rude comment. How about they not talk about other people.

Old 12-15-2018, 12:03 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,531,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
It’s surprising how much people will sound off here over these alleged racist transgressions, and yet people here call our FLOTUS every name in the book and make sexual comments about her and even worse - racist comments about her ethnicity on a DAILY basis to the joy, laughter, and high-fives of others here.

It’s really, really hard to share outrage with people who practice selective adoration/abuse of others.
Yep; selective is a good word...remember those who used the term "ape", "mooch", "sasquatch" in reference to another flotus?

Yeah...didn't think you would.

Old 12-15-2018, 12:11 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,531,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
come on, you know the reason why. PC culture and they want to protect their brand. Now you have to walk on egg shells especially when its a white person versus a non-white.

you think if it was the other way around, the Cambodia girl would have to apologize.....you think if a black teenager made the same comment, she would have to apologize in public for saying that when you speaks in English to the Cambodia girl she just nods her head pretending to understand and seems lost and that she feels bad for her because she doesn't have translator?....you know the answer to that.
Come on yourself; if the Cambodian girl were caught in such a publicly displayed manner, in all likelihood her own country would have pulled her from the pageant in abject embarrassment.

Old 12-15-2018, 12:15 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,493,748 times
Miss USA is in Thailand commenting that people don't speak English.

Old 12-15-2018, 12:18 PM

14,488 posts, read 11,311,810 times
She's a kid from Nebraska, this is all new to her and she said something immature. So let's destroy her!

You people fu--ing suck!

Old 12-15-2018, 12:20 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,526,281 times
Quote:
Yep; selective is a good word...remember those who used the term "ape", "mooch", "sasquatch" in reference to another flotus?

Yeah...didn't think you would.
Of course I remember. And as a two-time Obama voter, I was just as disgusted by it then. If you care to survey my posts of that era, you can see for yourself just how frequently I took others to task for such crude behavior. I’ve done the same for Hillary Clinton as well. I can’t abide it.

I don’t expect you to come back and apologize for your completely off-base generalization, but please know that I’m every bit as unimpressed with your snark as always!

Old 12-15-2018, 12:37 PM

2,771 posts, read 2,311,877 times
"She's so cute and she pretends to know so much English and then you ask her a question after having a whole conversation with her and she goes [nods and smiles],"

It seems rather presumptuous that Miss USA claimed the girl "pretends to know so much English."

Nodding and smiling while listening to a person speaking
in a foreign language one doesn't understand is not pretense, it's just being polite.

Old 12-15-2018, 12:51 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,289,521 times
Quote:
Come on yourself; if the Cambodian girl were caught in such a publicly displayed manner, in all likelihood her own country would have pulled her from the pageant in abject embarrassment.
really? doubt it! you obviously don't have a clue how foreigners view Americans that don't speak their native language in their country. Pull her from the pageant? yeah and stone her to death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies