Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2018, 11:14 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,619,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The Democrat Party's past is not my concern. It is their current strategy of Identity Politics, and Social Engineering that bothers me. Everything is about Race, Gender, Ethnicity, skin color, and Sexual Orientation. What happened to merit?
It's not my concern, either. I don't think it's most people's, unless they want to use history to shame current Dems, which is pretty damn obvious.

In other words, do I wish Democrats, and Democrat presidents had not done some of the things they did? Sure. There are lots of things I wish human beings as a species hadn't done. Is it going to make me a Republican today? No, but thanks for playing.

I have to disagree with you that it's all about identity politics. Frankly, I've never even been able to figure out what that term even means, other than being a convenient insult. Most people base their political choices on what they will find most beneficial to themselves and their friends/family. It's not new, and it certainly isn't exclusive to Democrats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2018, 12:28 PM

18,761 posts, read 11,848,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Normally I don't care but this posting was deleted for trolling. It's on topic and is not disagreeing with the OP. In fact, I am agreeing with him or her. The Democratic Party was the party of the White Supremacist in the past. Now it is not. As I wrote in the deleted posting -Yes, the Democratic Party changed. Is this something most people do not know? Am I missing something?

Here is a video, OP, that explains it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6R0NvVr164
Trolling Huh. I found it quite informative and interesting and fact based.

Lincoln was the first Republican president and ended slavery. The shift in the Republican party from ending slavery to suppressing minority voters is stark. This is not the party of Lincoln anymore. The Democrats are not the party of slavery anymore. Times change, ideologies change. I'm glad the democratic party has evolved. I just wish the Republican party would return to it's noble roots. You know, liberty and justice for all. Well unless you're an immigrant or minority voting democratic.

Each side does what they have to do to survive. Sometimes it's despicable, sometimes it's noble.

Old 12-17-2018, 12:29 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,979,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

Change My Mind.
Which party are the KKK voting for today?

Old 12-17-2018, 01:23 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,619,755 times
Quote:
I would have been in Oklahoma rooting for the Republicans, since it was a Democrat that put me on the Trail of Tears.
You are correct. Andrew Jackson. Isn't he one of Trump's heroes?

Old 12-17-2018, 02:04 PM

16,344 posts, read 8,139,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Well, we can rule out the Democratic party. So who does that leave?

Old 12-17-2018, 02:07 PM

8,503 posts, read 4,604,565 times
Some nuts just can't stop starting threads with garbage. Mental illness is truly a problem in our nation and this is a prime example. An irrational obsession is bad for someone.

Old 12-17-2018, 02:47 PM

662 posts, read 315,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The Democrat Party's past is not my concern. It is their current strategy of Identity Politics, and Social Engineering that bothers me. Everything is about Race, Gender, Ethnicity, skin color, and Sexual Orientation. What happened to merit?
Both parties play identity politics, both parties have their own versions of social engineering. The right has just spent a lot of time making noise about identity politics and social engineering because they are buzzwords that trigger conservative outrage.

Old 12-18-2018, 02:55 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,509,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The same party that`s owned by the NRA.

Old 12-18-2018, 08:12 AM

34,341 posts, read 18,725,537 times
Quote:
Saul Alinski, Richard Cloward, and Francis Fox Piven, is what happened.
True. If you look at the tactics, and speech of Obama, and Hillary they practically have used these as a text book, and blueprint for what they want. This is what Obama talked about when he said America NEEDED Fundamental Transformation. Many did not understand what he meant, but it is obvious if you read his book "Dreams of my Father", and also read Alinsky, and Cloward/Piven.

Old 12-18-2018, 08:16 AM

34,341 posts, read 18,725,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
It's not my concern, either. I don't think it's most people's, unless they want to use history to shame current Dems, which is pretty damn obvious.

In other words, do I wish Democrats, and Democrat presidents had not done some of the things they did? Sure. There are lots of things I wish human beings as a species hadn't done. Is it going to make me a Republican today? No, but thanks for playing.

I have to disagree with you that it's all about identity politics. Frankly, I've never even been able to figure out what that term even means, other than being a convenient insult. Most people base their political choices on what they will find most beneficial to themselves and their friends/family. It's not new, and it certainly isn't exclusive to Democrats.
To me identity politics means a focus on people's race, color, gender, ethnicity, sexual preference, etc over, and above their merits as a person. It is meant to divide us, and make people FEEL LIKE VICTIMS so government can come in and miraculously solve all your problems. This is more a Democrat strategy than Republican, although I don't think the Republicans are innocent, nor honest either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies