Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2018, 08:28 AM

25,880 posts, read 16,596,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
To me identity politics means a focus on people's race, color, gender, ethnicity, sexual preference, etc over, and above their merits as a person. It is meant to divide us, and make people FEEL LIKE VICTIMS so government can come in and miraculously solve all your problems. This is more a Democrat strategy than Republican, although I don't think the Republicans are innocent, nor honest either.
Your definition is perfect. It means racial/gender identity comes before all other concerns. The two leading candidates for the '20 Democratic nomination are white males and even though they are mostly likely the most qualified and intelligent of their candidates they are already obsessing over the fact of their color and gender.

This alone disqualifies the Democrats from choosing a Presidential Candidate. They are not the party that chose FDR or Kennedy or even Bill Clinton anymore. They are far, far different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2018, 09:36 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,758,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Which party are the KKK voting for today?

Prosperity and economic liberty, puts racism on the back burner, just like the New Deal did in the 1930's. Happened with the Great Society in the 1960's again.

15% of black Americans Democrats jumped to 70% in just 4 years, leaping in bed with the party of the KKK, over the promises of the New Deal.

The KKK is no different, as you also at the same time see the Black Americans support the Republican platform rise, to levels not seen since before MLK.
Show Me The Money, puts enemies to the side for a minute.
No matter what party you fall in, economic freedom and making money, sells itself.

Old 12-18-2018, 09:45 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,122,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
It is not about social justice. It is all about destroying their own history, so they don't get the reminder of blame for all the HORROR they committed.
Because they are Democrat, they are willing to overlook the crimes of the Democrat Party, by destroying any history of it. It is as simple as that. Conscious and guilt.

1.) The party of slavery
2.) The party of segregation
3.) The party of Jim Crow
4.) The party of the KKK
5.) The party of lynchings
6.) The party of ALL the honors of American history
7.) The party that is complicit with fascism
8.) The party that place Japanese Americans in interment
9.) The party that reignited the KKK in the 1920's
10.)The party of eugenics
11.)The party of abortion
12.)The party of sexualizing children

Apposed all the way by Republicans. FACT!

So, today you like the welfare state you like the collective power of the democrat party, you are in an awkward position of having to confess to ALL the horrors their party committed to get where they are today. Look what evils and horrors that have been committed to today's times, by the Democrat party against fellow Americans!

The Democrat Party has never apologized for ALL the horrors they committed upon America and it's people.
Never paid any restitution... Never took blame. That is an ugly position to be in!

So today, it is lie through your teeth and blame everyone else. America did it. The whiteman did it. The southerners did it. Republicans did it.
Everyone except the evil party, that actually did it. Democrat Control Freaks.

Change My Mind.
Excellent post- the truth hurts. Then again, when have Democrats ever had much to do with the truth?

Old 12-18-2018, 10:13 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,954,392 times
Quote:
Prosperity and economic liberty, puts racism on the back burner, just like the New Deal did in the 1930's. Happened with the Great Society in the 1960's again.

15% of black Americans Democrats jumped to 70% in just 4 years, leaping in bed with the party of the KKK, over the promises of the New Deal.

The KKK is no different, as you also at the same time see the Black Americans support the Republican platform rise, to levels not seen since before MLK.
No matter what party you fall in, economic freedom and making money, sells itself.
blah-blah-blah

The parties have changed over the past 150 years. Period.

Old 12-18-2018, 10:18 AM

39,340 posts, read 27,734,151 times
Like I said earlier, my relative who has been interned during ww2 blamed Democrats, and I think she was pretty pathetic.

I don't care about the party's history, demonizing an entire group of people for the parties' racist history is a total waste of time. I'd say this though, if you believe there are NO racist Democrats, you need a reality check.

Old 12-18-2018, 10:19 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,858,718 times
Quote:
It is not about social justice. It is all about destroying their own history, so they don't get the reminder of blame for all the HORROR they committed.
Because they are Democrat, they are willing to overlook the crimes of the Democrat Party, by destroying any history of it. It is as simple as that. Conscious and guilt.

1.) The party of slavery
2.) The party of segregation
3.) The party of Jim Crow
4.) The party of the KKK
5.) The party of lynchings
6.) The party of ALL the honors of American history
7.) The party that is complicit with fascism
8.) The party that place Japanese Americans in interment
9.) The party that reignited the KKK in the 1920's
10.)The party of eugenics
11.)The party of abortion

12.)The party of sexualizing children

Apposed all the way by Republicans. FACT!

So, today you like the welfare state you like the collective power of the democrat party, you are in an awkward position of having to confess to ALL the horrors their party committed to get where they are today. Look what evils and horrors that have been committed to today's times, by the Democrat party against fellow Americans!

The Democrat Party has never apologized for ALL the horrors they committed upon America and it's people.
Never paid any restitution... Never took blame. That is an ugly position to be in!

So today, it is lie through your teeth and blame everyone else. America did it. The whiteman did it. The southerners did it. Republicans did it.
Everyone except the evil party, that actually did it. Democrat Control Freaks.

Change My Mind.

On the bold - I don't know any Democrats who don't admit to those in regards to the history of actual party.

But it is funny to me that Republicans don't like to admit their party was originally "liberal" lol. Mostly because they don't like liberalism.

Old 12-18-2018, 10:20 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,757,187 times
Once upon a time, they were also the party of the working class.

Old 12-18-2018, 10:22 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,858,718 times
Quote:

On the bold - both parties had KKK members in that era.....

I'll note that black people "jumped" over to the Democratic Party because FDR promised and delivered on not excluding black people from New Deal jobs programs and allowed black owned companies to participate and be awarded government contracts. Republicans and Democrats both are racist parties with a racist history and black Americans throughout history have always known this. America has always been a racist nation....

If you new Republicans today actually come to us and offer us something, more of us would support you to. I've mentioned before that I voted for our current GOP governor here in Ohio (Kasich). He actually went to black churches and chambers of commerce and black schools and listened to what black people wanted and delivered - he got about 30% of the black vote as a result.

Old 12-18-2018, 10:29 AM

39,340 posts, read 27,734,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
On the bold - both parties had KKK members in that era.....

I'll note that black people "jumped" over to the Democratic Party because FDR promised and delivered on not excluding black people from New Deal jobs programs and allowed black owned companies to participate and be awarded government contracts. Republicans and Democrats both are racist parties with a racist history and black Americans throughout history have always known this. America has always been a racist nation....

If you new Republicans today actually come to us and offer us something, more of us would support you to. I've mentioned before that I voted for our current GOP governor here in Ohio (Kasich). He actually went to black churches and chambers of commerce and black schools and listened to what black people wanted and delivered - he got about 30% of the black vote as a result.
I found this post to be balanced, and I appreciate your honesty.

My relative hated Democrats because she was unreasonable.

Truth is, With few exceptions, most political figures, Republican and Democrat, supported Japanese internment, especially politicians on the west coast. Two exceptions who were Republicans were:

Governor Ralph Carr of Colorado

Senator Robert Taft of Ohio

These two were constitutional politicians, very rare.

Most of the Japanese-American I know don't hate the Donkeys because for them, no matter who was in charge, the internment camp would have happened.

I would have voted Kasich as well, I also would have been okay with Rand Paul. I think anybody would be better than Hillary Clinton, so I went for Donald Trump.

Old 12-18-2018, 10:32 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,758,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
blah-blah-blah

The parties have changed over the past 150 years. Period.
Have they? Or is it just a different angle to the same goal?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies