Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2018, 07:32 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,112,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
^Seriously.

What kind of dolt would be upset at that idea?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Mad? I am the only one whose head is not exploding at the suggestion that we could have another black president.

And when did someone do that? Typical lib comment
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2018, 07:35 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,706,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
And when did someone do that? Typical lib comment
Nope, not a lib

Old 12-18-2018, 07:39 AM

38,026 posts, read 22,203,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
The Dems are completely focused on being the party of image and identity politics. To them, a qualified candidate is just someone who checks off a list of boxes about their gender, race, religion etc. They are completely void of ideas--or good ideas anyway.

In their eyes, they think that just nominating a woman and a person of color for high office is good enough and that most people will vote in their favor based on that alone.

The NYTs did a piece a month ago about the record number of women who won seats in the House for the Democratic Party--and it seemed to be exclusively focused on the number of women who ran and won, but not one thing was mentioned about what policies they supported, or what ideas or bills they planned to introduce. IT was like once these women were elected--the job was over. There's now "representation" and that was it.

The dems have been pushing this notion for years, that only a woman should be elected to represent women. As if when writing tax laws and such, only a woman can possibly write laws to govern other women. They do the same with race. It's racist and sexist to think only a, black woman can write laws for other black women. It's a destructive idea and it splits people into different groups, as it eats away at the fabric of American society.

They think it's a winning platform to Bulkanize the nation into disparate groups, setting people up as either a victim or an oppressor. With the democrat politicians setting themselves up as the only people on earth who can protect us all, and keep the barbarians at the gate.

Old 12-18-2018, 07:41 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,706,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
The dems have been pushing this notion for years, that only a woman should be elected to represent women.
And yet they are offering three white men

Old 12-18-2018, 07:42 AM

52,692 posts, read 34,624,865 times
Quote:
And yet they are offering three white men
and because of that, Kirsten g's head is assploding

Old 12-18-2018, 07:48 AM

27,689 posts, read 16,182,319 times
Pure, simple racism. Stamp of approval givin by the msm, dnc. Shame on you racist pos.

Old 12-18-2018, 07:58 AM

34,941 posts, read 36,302,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Obama won two elections
Thank you for that news update.

One nonwhite male president in how many decades now?

Old 12-18-2018, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionInOcala View Post
I wonder if it would be easier for non-white, non-male candidates to gain traction if non-white, non-male candidates wouldn't be under so much pressure to disproportionately pander to non-white, non-male constituents. That's a rhetorical way to illustrate the problem, by the way...
By way of rhetorical reply, why is appealing to nonwhite male (I could argue they might appeal to males who are not white) so important compared to appealing to the rest of us?

I am not suggesting, rhetorically, that one should attempt to be unappealing to white guys... just suggesting that white guys might stop and consider whether or not they really need candidates who are JUST LIKE THEM.

Old 12-18-2018, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I don't care uf the person is male or female or what color their skin is. Can we please put this nonsense behind us and vote for the most qualifued person?
Apparently not.

Old 12-18-2018, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Sure, and I replied to all the claims about Dems caring about nothing else but identity politics. The fact that they currently have three white guys running, pretty much trash-cans that claim.

I couldn't care less what her opinion is, and I find it funny some people are outraged about everything some politician says. People are practically looking for things to be outraged about, and now they found a person who likes to see more women and minorities running for office. Ok, Kristen, thanks for sharing your take on it. The mere idea of another colored president managed to get some heads expose here, so congrats.
This paragraph illustrates exactly my thoughts on the subject.

I did tell someone a while back, and I stick to that, that the only way the Dems would likely take down Trump was with another white guy with a lot of name recognition.

Sad it works that way, because there are likely plenty of candidates who are qualified who are not both white and male.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies