Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2018, 09:26 AM

24,411 posts, read 23,065,142 times

Advertisements

If they want to ban a song on grounds its offensive, look no further than " Santa Baby". Its about a gold digger wanting material possessions and money and using sex appeal to get it. Doesn't that put women in a bad light and reinforce a negative stereotype? Madonna should be soundly chastised for redoing a version of that song.

Old 12-24-2018, 09:27 AM

25,848 posts, read 16,528,639 times
I much prefer Murda Show by some Hip Hop idiot. Not offensive at all to liberals, like an 11 year old boy dressed in drag performing for perverts.

Old 12-24-2018, 10:04 AM

18,562 posts, read 7,372,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Dean Martin's schtick was that of an alcoholic womanizer, so the song fits. He's not the best defense that the song is not about a lech.
No one's claiming the song is about a lech. The complaint is something different, though ultimately incoherent.

Old 12-24-2018, 10:47 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
LOL, the sexual mores of the era. Do you know what happened in that era when a woman got pregnant after getting talked into sex like that? It was all on her, and it was a huge disgrace. It happened in my family in that era. My mom's sister "had to get married" in the 1940s. She couldn't even come to my mom's wedding because she was "great with child" and hadn't been married long enough to be so far along. And even 20 years later, when I was in college, guys talked about women who "put out", including the women who got talked into putting out for them.

Taking these two together. Q: How old was the daughter when the song was written? A: She was an infant. She was born in 1944, the same year the song was written. Did Daddy tell her about seducing women in infancy? Or did he cook up that story 20 years or so later? I'm sure an infant has a great memory of her parents' parties. Wikipedia says the dad originally wrote the song for a housewarming party.
Frank Loesser - Susan Loesser
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Loesser

ETA: It just occurred to me that Susan Loesser might not even have been born when her father wrote the song.
And that means they never talked about it? Or nobody else explained what his meaning behind the song was after he died?

You people make everything impossible in order to fit your narrative.

I have to wonder why some of you automatically go to some ill intention every time.

Happy to say not everyone bought the bull. I'm hearing it played on stations in Chicago.

Old 12-24-2018, 03:00 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
And that means they never talked about it? Or nobody else explained what his meaning behind the song was after he died?

You people make everything impossible in order to fit your narrative.

I have to wonder why some of you automatically go to some ill intention every time.

Happy to say not everyone bought the bull. I'm hearing it played on stations in Chicago.
Do you know the answers to your questions? If you do, tell us.

"You people" hey? You're the one who came up with this narrative of the daughter at a party, etc, when she at best was a tiny infant when this song was written, and maybe still in utero.

And yes, there's some ill intention. The guy at the very least spiked the woman's drink.

Old 12-25-2018, 05:38 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Dean Martin's schtick was that of an alcoholic womanizer, so the song fits. He's not the best defense that the song is not about a lech.
and you know this for a fact? Well, I happen to not see him that way and besides the song was written and sung by him as well as others with no thought to what modern day, so called social justice nuts would think or take out of the song. To me, and to the majority of the country it is a cute, well written song that we all love hearing during the holidays.

Old 12-25-2018, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
I have not heard the "Baby it's cold" song, so I cannot comment. However I happened to hear the song "Santa baby" by Eartha Kitt. It's clearly a thinly-veiled metaphor for a beautiful young woman and her "sugar daddy." The line "so hurry down the chimney tonight" is an obvious allusion to the sex act.

I don't believe a song like this should be played where children might hear it. Children are naturally drawn to anything having to do with Christmas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk_GmhD053E
and I don't believe many young kids pay much attention to these songs to be truthful. They pay more attention to what is under the tree and how santa will get into the house to bring them more gifts.

I am waiting for someone to tear apart "I was mommy kissing Santa Claus" Maybe it is time to have a contest to see how many Christmas songs or songs period are too suggestive? People lighten up and stop looking for negatives around every corner.

Old 12-25-2018, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Your average, everyday feminist could care less about this stupid song. The ONLY people I hear constantly and endlessly discussing it are conservatives who are obsessed with a song that I never heard of OR associated with Christmas.

The feminist next-door is far more concerned with a rapist that gets off after 4 months than some damn, antiquated song.
So you are saying the radio stations that have pulled the song are all conservatives and those posting here about how horrible the song is are conservatives? I don't think so!!!!It was the left that started this as well as started the crap bout Rudolf being bullied.

Old 12-25-2018, 06:26 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,091,524 times
While the snowflakes are condemning "Baby its cold outside" how about we add "Santa Baby" to the list seeing it is demeaning the way a woman is insinuating that her good behavior deserves these gifts and she'll show her appreciation...shocking

People need to get a life...

Old 12-25-2018, 06:34 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,729,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Those who knew him said that he was not an alcoholic, it was just part of the act. "Frank spilled more than Dean drank." As for being a womanizer, being a rich, famous, beloved and handsome guy will do that to you.

I just wish that some of these lefty **** heels would apply the same scutiny to hip-hop jams written by former pimps, but when you do that, you are a racist. Being held accountable is a white man's thing, even if you have nothing to be accountable for.

How did a gang-banger, drug dealer, pimp like Snoop Doggy Dog get into the mainstream? He belongs in prison, not cashing in on his criminal past.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies