Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2018, 11:43 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,271,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
My God, this entire administration/Presidency is such a freakin' disaster ! Does anyone have a time machine so we can rewind to 2015 and start all over ?

Every day, it is something new.......and not new in a good way.

what does Flynn have to do with the average American? Flynn alleged crimes happened during Obama since Flynn is a lifelong Democrat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2018, 11:45 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,424,439 times
The Treasonous Trump administration and mob family, no surprise. Do the crime, do the time. Flynn is a traitor and a liar like Trump. To be an Army General and collude with foreign entities is beyond corruption and malice. He will never be respected among the ranks again. Given Mueller's decorated service to this nation, I'm sure he is disgusted but holds his personal judgment in regard to the facts.

Old 12-18-2018, 11:49 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
The Judge just said a couple of minutes ago- "We have no reason to believe Flynn committed treason".
Whatever was said during recess caused the Judge to walk it back.
Judge Sullivan talked to the Prosecutor
Prosecutor said "treason" was never considered and didn't happen.
Prosecutor suggested perhaps Logan Act ..... Judge laughed at him.

First words out of Judge Sullivan's mouth today were :
"I've never sentence a man who pled Guilty when he was NOT Guilty and I'm not starting today".

Everything that happened in today's court was another effort by Judge Sullivan to get to the bottom of whatever the FBI/Special Prosector is doing. He gave Mueller another 90 days to give Sullivan what he is asking for. "Why was Michael Flynn charged and WHY did he plead Guilty, when the Judge sees no guilt.

This makes to 5th Postponement.

Old 12-18-2018, 11:52 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Fired Flynn may have screwed the pooch by failing to make known his relationship with Turkey, but that in no way justifies the unrelated attempted coup by the Obama DOJ holdovers.

Those that support the coup can save the preachy platitudes.
What coup? Trump fired him for lying to the VP. And he did lie. That is, of course unless Trump and Pence are both lying to cover their incompetence in hiring. If Trump cannot come right out and say he was pressured (and why didn't he?), then we'll have to go with his official reason.

Old 12-18-2018, 11:52 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Judge said- "I have never taken a guilty plea from someone who did not believe they were guilty, and I do not intend to start now".
Your quote is more exact that mine ..... I was going from memory.

Old 12-18-2018, 11:59 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,271,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MammothLove View Post
Someone (who knows) correct me if i'm wrong but i think that treason is not a crime unless during war time.

We are not at war with any country or Turkey.....so you are correct!

well, the definition of treason is the crime of betraying one's country, especially by attempting to kill the sovereign or overthrow the government.

Legal definition: Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort. No person shall be convicted of treason unless on the testimony of two witnesses to the same overt act, or on confession in open court.

The last person convicted of treason was Tomoya Kawakita, a Japanese-American sentenced to death in 1952 for tormenting American prisoners of war during World War II.

Flynn didn't do any of those things and Mueller didn't even suggest any of that......so the Judge was out of line and the reason he walked back his remarks.

Old 12-18-2018, 12:01 PM

6,933 posts, read 2,390,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Judge Sullivan talked to the Prosecutor
Prosecutor said "treason" was never considered and didn't happen.
Prosecutor suggested perhaps Logan Act ..... Judge laughed at him.

First words out of Judge Sullivan's mouth today were :
"I've never sentence a man who pled Guilty when he was NOT Guilty and I'm not starting today".

Everything that happened in today's court was another effort by Judge Sullivan to get to the bottom of whatever the FBI/Special Prosector is doing. He gave Mueller another 90 days to give Sullivan what he is asking for. "Why was Michael Flynn charged and WHY did he plead Guilty, when the Judge sees no guilt.

This makes to 5th Postponement.
That's what I'm hearing too.
A lot of jumping the gun in this thread.

Old 12-18-2018, 12:03 PM

1,705 posts, read 538,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
What coup? Trump fired him for lying to the VP. And he did lie. That is, of course unless Trump and Pence are both lying to cover their incompetence in hiring. If Trump cannot come right out and say he was pressured (and why didn't he?), then we'll have to go with his official reason.

Obama warns Trump not to hire Flynn.
Trump ignored it.
Sally Yates tells Trump, " we know he has lied, is compromised and a danger to national security.
Trump ignored it.
Sally Yates is fired.
Comey is asked to be loyal to Trump.
Comey refuses.
Trump fires Flynn.
Trump asks Comey to let the Flynn case go and dont investigate any further.
Comey refuses.
Comey is fired.

Old 12-18-2018, 12:06 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,424,439 times
I enjoyed seeing the protesters outside the courthouse chanting "Lock him up and USA". Trump, JR, and Kushner next.

Old 12-18-2018, 12:08 PM

1,702 posts, read 1,920,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
what does Flynn have to do with the average American? Flynn alleged crimes happened during Obama since Flynn is a lifelong Democrat.
This makes zero sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies