Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2018, 10:22 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
This is what I’ve been saying all along. Leave the festering albatross tied to the corpse of the rotting repug party, the throw the whole mess out in 2020.
Lock him up or not, I don’t care.
Bingo.

All sorts, of things to investigate -- Election fraud, ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2018, 10:27 AM

17,807 posts, read 13,708,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
This "nut" is a long term Republican who served as the chief ethics attorney in the George W. Bush administration.

Trump is what made him leave the GOP - despite the lies of Trumplings, that is the only #WalkAway that actually occurred
The list of "liberals" who are republicans is starting to get pretty long. LOL.

Old 12-20-2018, 10:27 AM

39,080 posts, read 51,252,674 times
Utter chaos is upon us. The entire world except Putin and Erdogan are in shock and fury over Trump's pulling up stakes in Syria. The market has crashed and we are staring at a recession in spite of a massive dose of stimulus to the economy this year. Mueller has jailed one after another of Trump's staff and advisers and no one who is qualified wants to serve in his administration. And now the government is about to shutdown while the GOP watches Twitter to see what the so-called president of this mess wants to do about a wall he is never going to get. MAGA!

Old 12-20-2018, 10:30 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,464,101 times
Things Might Get So Bad the Repubs Will Beg the Dems to Impeach

That is a possibility. Trump is like an albatross hanging off of their party's neck. A burden they would be pleased to be relieved of.

Old 12-20-2018, 10:35 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,170,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
rest assured that elliott will continue to blanket us with opinions of thousands of similar twitter nobodies echoing his drivel.
I'll be happy to oblige your request.

I am slowly being vindicated: my views on the illegality of Trump and his administration used to be fringe but are increasingly becoming mainstream. I'm happy to educate C-D readers on the con man Trump's crimes in office (and before). It's a public service. I offer it at no charge

Old 12-20-2018, 10:41 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,427,057 times
Great post OP.

This is a surprise headline. Trump managed to dissappoint his fellow Fox and Friends!

‘Fox & Friends’ host rips Trump over border ‘chaos’ and ‘irresponsible’ Syria withdrawal

Ordinarily, “Fox and Friends” may be a political haven for President Trump, but on Thursday co-host Brian Kilmeade took an unusual double-barrel shot at him.

After news broke that Trump defied his advisers and decided to pull 2,000 U.S. troops out of Syria — arguing on Twitter that “we have defeated ISIS” in that country — Kilmeade slammed the president’s actions, calling them “totally irresponsible.”

The co-host said that “in a stunning and, I think, irresponsible move” Trump has “blindsided” Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis and national security adviser John Bolton, as well as the State Department, which he said is now “packing their bags.”

“Why have advisers?” he said, throwing up his hands.

Kilmeade also pushed back against Trump’s tweet, claiming that the Islamic State, which has unleashed devastation across Iraq and Syria, had been “defeated.”
Just moments earlier on “Fox and Friends,” Kilmeade had expressed skepticism about the situation along the U.S.-Mexico border.

When guest co-host Ed Henry made a claim that the border is more secure than it was under the Obama administration, Kilmeade resisted, saying: “I don’t know. I don’t know. It seems like chaos.”

Dissension from the “Fox and Friends” couch is rare but not unheard of. In October, co-hosts were discussing a political rally at which Trump mocked Christine Blasey Ford for her testimony regarding sexual assault allegations against Supreme Court Justice Brett M. Kavanaugh. Kilmeade commented that the president “chose to blow it.”

And later that month, after one of Trump’s frequent claims that the news media is “the true enemy of the people,” Kilmeade scolded the president.

“I really wish he would lose that term. It doesn’t help anybody,” he said, exasperated. “It doesn’t push back on the media
that he wants to push on.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.e4951cf9ce69

Old 12-20-2018, 10:43 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,377,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
The imaginations on the nuts are entertaining to say the least. What's frightening though is that there are people who actually buy into these fairytales posted by nobodies on Twitter.
Painter is not a nobody. He was White House Chief Ethics Attorney in the Bush Administration.

Very smart guy.

Old 12-20-2018, 10:47 AM

21,154 posts, read 19,736,448 times
Let it all pile up, then compare it to what Obama and Hillary did, and let people ask “Why the double standard?”

Old 12-20-2018, 10:51 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,377,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Painter: Things Might Get So Bad the Repubs Will Beg the Dems to Impeach

5,473rd prediction from liberals that Trump is politically doomed.

How many of them have proven correct?

(yawn)
So you know that the disbanding of the Trump Charitable Foundation by the Attorney General of NY was because of Trump illegally spending the funds on himself. Right? And that he had to pay $25 million because he lost the lawsuit about the dishonest Trump University.

That’s the first two. There are four more coming down the pike. Your guy is toast very soon.

Old 12-20-2018, 10:52 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,450,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Painter is not a nobody. He was White House Chief Ethics Attorney in the Bush Administration.

Very smart guy.
Many people never heard of him. He's really a nobody. Somebody is someone that has name recognition. He has none. A Chief Ethics Attorney is not someone who's name would be front and center in anything unless there is an ethics violation you are reading about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies