Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2018, 11:03 AM

7,271 posts, read 4,214,344 times

Advertisements

i'm all for a shutdown. bring it on. bout time.

Old 12-22-2018, 11:06 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,965,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Post a link to it then. I'll wait.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit...utdowns_of_201

Old 12-22-2018, 11:07 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,965,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcairngorm View Post
Get out your history book, OldGlory. This is the third shutdown under this president.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Post a link to it then. I'll wait.
Here you go. Trump has done this. Own it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit...utdowns_of_201

Old 12-22-2018, 11:10 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,197,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
What has to stop is this constant refrain that anyone who questions Trump is doing so because Hillary lost. I don't give a damn about the 2016 election any longer, because we are now two years into Trump's presidency, and what matters to me is what is happening right now.

Stop deflecting to this weak response and let's discuss the myriad of problems we're facing in the here and now. Can you do that?

I'm not being weak whatsoever, this is what I think whether one likes it or not.

You're not being honest here as if Hillary was POTUS and did and said EXACTLY the same, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

We have no huge problems except the obstructionist Dems/Libs who really want election security NOT national security.

Trump is keeping promises he made, that's a problem for Dems/Libs because Hillary didn't do them.
The president was promised for signing that omibus bill which he really didn't want to sign (and gave grief to those who supported him) the funding of the wall in exchange not the pittance, the congress renegged so Trump has no choice than to close the government to get that wall done which he promised.

So JAMS14 - other than the government closed down what really is the problem?
Hopefully you're doing fine and dandy awaiting the holidays as anyone else no matter what walk of life here.

Old 12-22-2018, 11:13 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atgss View Post
I'm not being weak whatsoever, this is what I think whether one likes it or not.

You're not being honest here as if Hillary was POTUS and did and said EXACTLY the same, we wouldn't be having this conversation.
So the answer is, no, you are not capable of having an honest discussion about Trump without the weak deflection to Hillary.

Thanks for the clarification. I'll simply scroll past your posts from now on, as it's obvious you have nothing of value to say.

Old 12-22-2018, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I'm certainly not bashing Trump because Hillary didn't win. Trump is a horrible human being. Period. And he lies like crazy. That's great that you can excuse all his fanciful words (lies) and tell us all that he never really means what he says. Not buying it. He was just too darned emphatic over Mexico paying for it.

As for partisan, I'm sure you never forgave Obama for his "lingo" that proved incorrect. Not saying it's you specifically, but the raging on this board for years about "You can keep your doctor" isn't much different than "Mexico will pay for the wall" now is it? I just wish I'd see a Trump supporter being as angry over one "lie" as the other. Or should we say that both men "misspoke?" Obama didn't know enough about the insurance industry to know that YOUR DOCTOR might pull out of a particular insurance plan and Trump didn't know enough about Mexico to realize that might balk at paying for the wall that he wanted.

And while all politicians may lie and exaggerate, I don't think it's something we should accept. We haven't really seemed to tolerate it from any other politician but I am enjoying your twists and turns to defend your guy.

Let me preface that I don't condone lies and the like by any politician even if I voted for them.
Not of the subject of this thread, but many Trump lie accusations are without non-MSM proof as the leftist MSM will create many false narratives.
Let me remind you that Obama lied like crazy and a horrible man for sure, but he had the mostly leftist MSM on his side to lighten it.
If Trump had a "D" in front of his name all would be the best thing since sliced bread to the leftists/liberals/etc.
Luckily it's just politics and life goes on otherwise.

GOD Bless and Happy Holidays to you and yours!

Old 12-22-2018, 11:37 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,662,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atgss View Post
Let me preface that I don't condone lies and the like by any politician even if I voted for them.
Not of the subject of this thread, but many Trump lie accusations are without non-MSM proof as the leftist MSM will create many false narratives.
Let me remind you that Obama lied like crazy and a horrible man for sure, but he had the mostly leftist MSM on his side to lighten it.
If Trump had a "D" in front of his name all would be the best thing since sliced bread to the leftists/liberals/etc.
Luckily it's just politics and life goes on otherwise.

GOD Bless and Happy Holidays to you and yours!
I'll just disagree with you for my personal self. I don't doubt that there would be people who would do whatever if he was a democratic president. I could throw that back at you and say that if a Democratic president was asking for $5B for a border wall, just because it was a Democrat, the right leaners here would be screaming bloody murder. See how that works?

As to the MSM...I don't use them to hear Trump's own words. I don't need them to report anything for me. I can listen to him speaking in his own words and I can hear the lies right from his mouth. I am sure to watch his briefings as a whole via the internet and I also ensure that I read unedited transcripts of what he says.

Old 12-22-2018, 11:47 AM

7,271 posts, read 4,214,344 times
Quote:
I'll just disagree with you for my personal self. I don't doubt that there would be people who would do whatever if he was a democratic president. I could throw that back at you and say that if a Democratic president was asking for $5B for a border wall, just because it was a Democrat, the right leaners here would be screaming bloody murder. See how that works?
No they wouldn't. It's not about right or left - it's about securing the borders and ILLEGAL immigration. That is not something that is mutually exclusive to one party. Let's enforce the laws on the books - novel concept.

Old 12-22-2018, 11:53 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
No they wouldn't. It's not about right or left - it's about securing the borders and ILLEGAL immigration. That is not something that is mutually exclusive to one party. Let's enforce the laws on the books - novel concept.
Let's make e-verify federally mandated and put teeth into it. Then make sure it is enforced and people go to jail for ignoring it. A novel concept that would save us $25 billion or more.

Unless that wall is going to somehow stop employers from hiring illegals, it will be a useless and costly effort.

Old 12-22-2018, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post

As to the MSM...I don't use them to hear Trump's own words. I don't need them to report anything for me. I can listen to him speaking in his own words and I can hear the lies right from his mouth. I am sure to watch his briefings as a whole via the internet and I also ensure that I read unedited transcripts of what he says.

In that case they wouldn't IMO.

Think how it felt for me to hear Obama's lies from his mouth for 8 plus years.
If Trump meant it about Mexico paying, he was wrong to lie as well. Just me that I can't say he lied because of how I understood it, it doesn't mean he didn't lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies