Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2018, 12:56 PM

62,993 posts, read 29,170,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
OMG, what a shock. Really, what bozo ever thought they WOULD pay for it. Jeezus. BACK AT YOU.

For the record, I'm not opposed to fencing and other security measures in the Secure Fence Act (which for the record, those dems weren't overly happy with either).

And, Oldglory, while I see you've, as they say, drunk the Kool-Aid long and hard on this one, you don't really know what this expenditure will save us. We all know what it is. Another poster stated it nicely: it's a dogwhistle, bigoted symbol for a man with a small manhood who doesn't like "others." Overkill but symbolic overkill.

How many times do I have to say that I don't care who pays for the wall since the good walls have already proven to work and are cost effective to the taxpayer? You must have failed math if you think that a $25 billion wall is more costly than the over $100 billion a year that illegals cost us (and yes those stats are accurate). Aside from the cost comparisons, what about the rule of law? What about the jobs and resources that these illegals have taken from our own citizens? What about the criminals and other unsavory characters that are slipping through our southern border? Even the former FBI Director has said that has been happening. You're the one who has drunk the lefty liberal Kool Aid. You and yours don't even acknowledge the facts of the effectiveness of these good walls even when I post links proving it! Even the Border Patrol and Homeland Security says we need them, for God's sake!

Trump doesn't like "others"? WTH are you even talking about? These are illegal aliens not just plain ole "others"! Was it a bigoted symbol by congress when they passed the Secure Fence Act? WTH? I'm done with your nonsense. It just saddens me that we have citizens who have an attitude like yours. You can hate Trump all you want but why ignore the need to secure our border with a good wall which was already approved by congress anyway? It simply means you have an ulterior motive and its' not in the best interest of our country and its citizens.

Buh, bye, welcome to my ignore list!

Old 12-22-2018, 12:57 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
79% of American want secure borders. A high % of Americans want other measures taken to control illegal immigration. We all want more legal immigration. Most of us agree on all of this. Read the study/poll linked below...

https://www.npr.org/2018/01/23/58003...o-and-dont-say

I don't care how its done, and I'm guessing most of the 79% dont either....just get it done NOW! Quit the Washington DC games. Do your darned jobs.
In a more recent poll, it turns out they do care how.

Quote:
"Not only do most Americans oppose risking a government shutdown over a wall, but more than two-thirds (69 percent) do not believe building a wall should even be an immediate priority for Congress. That includes half who do not believe it should be a priority at all.

https://www.npr.org/2018/12/11/67533...sible-shutdown
The majority of Americans do not want the wall. Why is that so difficult to comprehend?

Old 12-22-2018, 12:58 PM

25,461 posts, read 9,821,441 times
Quote:
79% of American want secure borders. A high % of Americans want other measures taken to control illegal immigration. We all want more legal immigration. Most of us agree on all of this. Read the study/poll linked below...

I don't care how its done, and I'm guessing most of the 79% dont either....just get it done NOW! Quit the Washington DC games. Do your darned jobs.

Our kids are dying from tainted drugs, gangs are coming in, our hospitals and schools near the border are being overrun, the cost to care for them all is staggering, kids are dying during the journey, the illegals are getting robbed, raped, having to sell their bodies for sex to eat. When they get in, they drive wages downward for already too low wage earning Americans.

I could go on and on with how this is harming us all...except company's that hire the illegals for cheap labor.

We need to stop the Red versus Blue stuff, and force our pols to get results.
I can totally get on board with getting our pols together to get results. Agreed that Dems, GOP and everyone I know wants better border security and legal immigration. I don't know what the answer is, but sticking to the agreement that was made earlier in the week would have been a start.

Old 12-22-2018, 12:59 PM

12,906 posts, read 15,666,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
How many times do I have to say that I don't care who pays for the wall since the good walls have already proven to work and are cost effective to the taxpayer? You must have failed math if you think that a $25 billion wall is more costly than the over $100 billion a year that illegals cost us (and yes those stats are accurate). Aside from the cost comparisons, what about the rule of law? What about the jobs and resources that these illegals have taken from our own citizens? What about the criminals and other unsavory characters that are slipping through our southern border? Even the former FBI Director has said that has been happening. You're the one who has drunk the lefty liberal Kool Aid. You and yours don't even acknowledge the facts of the effectiveness of these good walls even when I post links proving it! Even the Border Patrol and Homeland Security says we need them, for God's sake!

Trump doesn't like "others"? WTH are you even talking about? These are illegal aliens not just plain ole "others"! Was it a bigoted symbol by congress when they passed the Secure Fence Act? WTH? I'm done with your nonsense. It just saddens me that we have citizens who have an attitude like yours. You can hate Trump all you want but why ignore the need to secure our border with a good wall which was already approved by congress anyway? It simply means you have an ulterior motive and its' not in the best interest of our country and its citizens.

Buh, bye, welcome to my ignore list!
Thanks, I appreciate it. It's all overblown fear mongering. Period.

But you're correct, I shouldn't have said Trump doesn't like "others." He loves them and loves to hire them in the Trump Org as well as Mar-a-Lago.

Old 12-22-2018, 12:59 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
How many times do I have to say that I don't care who pays for the wall
And how many times do we have to tell you that we do care who pays for the wall? We don't want it, and we don't want to pay for it. What a little minority wants is of no consequence.

Old 12-22-2018, 01:00 PM

39,081 posts, read 51,259,863 times
Quote:

Our kids are dying from tainted drugs, gangs are coming in, our hospitals and schools near the border are being overrun, the cost to care for them all is staggering, kids are dying during the journey, the illegals are getting robbed, raped, having to sell their bodies for sex to eat. When they get in, they drive wages downward for already too low wage earning Americans.

I could go on and on with how this is harming us all...except company's that hire the illegals for cheap labor.

We need to stop the Red versus Blue stuff, and force our pols to get results.
You, me, the mailman and the dog catcher all know what will work. Our representatives and senators know what will work. Do I need to say it? Tougher sanctions against those who hire illegal aliens. More money to track down and prosecute those who employ illegal aliens. Prison cells for repeat offenders hiring illegal aliens. The death penalty (closed down) for businesses large and small who repeatedly employ or tolerate the employment by their subs of illegal aliens. Mandatory e-verify. Is that in right or left, Dem or Rep proposals? You bet your life it's not. When it is, maybe we can talk about illegal immigration seriously.

Old 12-22-2018, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
You, me, the mailman and the dog catcher all know what will work. Our representatives and senators know what will work. Do I need to say it? Tougher sanctions against those who hire illegal aliens. More money to track down and prosecute those who employ illegal aliens. Prison cells for repeat offenders hiring illegal aliens. The death penalty for businesses large and small who repeatedly employ or tolerate the employment by their subs of illegal aliens. Is that in, right or left, Dem or Rep proposal? You bet your life it's not. When it is, maybe we can talk about illegal immigration seriously.
I think it has to start with the employers. Start cracking down on them and they won't hire them. Donnie should be the first example. Undocumented immigrants built Trump Tower and were treated poorly. He knew it. Who's working at Mar-a-Lago?

Old 12-22-2018, 01:04 PM

25,777 posts, read 12,840,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Do you have any concept of cost-of-living? $119,000 is certainly not rolling in the dough in Washington DC.

Parasites? Obviously, you’re dealing with misplaced jealousy issues regarding government employees. There are many of us who work tirelessly in support of the military.
Many Federal Employees work in other places outside DC. They do not all work in DC. Those who do work in DC, live outside DC in suburban areas of neighboring states. I stand by my claim tht they are grossly overpaid parasites.

"Misplaced Jealousy issues" Nope. I make a lot more, and could never work with such incompetence. I saw it up close and personal at the Postal Service. Their top brass were some of the dumbest I'd ever encountered in my career.

"support of the military" I already said law enforcement and military earn what they are paid.

Look, the government is so overbloated it makes me sick. There is so much overlap between departments, and between feds and states it's pathetic. If the Federal Gov't was a business, it would be bankrupt w/in 1 year. Look at the post office versus Fedex and UPS as just One example.

I could go in there and cut head count by 1/2 and improve output. I'd shut down the Dept of Education, Energy and the EPA for starters. Push it all down to the state level.

Look at the Obamacare web site disaster...how embrassing was that? I could go on all day long about government waste, abuse and ineptitude. It's where people go to work who can't survive, and thrive, in the private sector.

Old 12-22-2018, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Look at the Obamacare web site disaster...how embrassing was that? I could go on all day long about government waste, abuse and ineptitude. It's where people go to work who can't survive, and thrive, in the private sector.
You can actually blame CGI, Corp. for that one. Analysis done on that showed it to be contractor's(private corporation) shoddy work that messed that up. All of that work was contracted out to the private sector. No government employee laid hands on it.

Old 12-22-2018, 01:33 PM

34,068 posts, read 17,096,341 times
Wink Gov't Shutdown is a Big Yawn

15 hours in, we are all here, just like any other day, safe and sound.

Nothing will change that, either.

Now we are saving , as we are not paying 420,000 employees today, laid off, whom their employer admits are not essential.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies