Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2018, 01:44 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I did a little research and I think you're right.

Just like the criminal justice reform bill passed it is statistically insignificant. Only 10% of our prison population is in Federal clinks and 80% of that 10% are going to be eligible for the reforms.
It’s all about the optics and creating perceptions of real progress, isn’t it.

It’s as bipartisan as it gets, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2018, 01:46 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
Exactly! Most people that need government assistance for their families probably work much harder than trump, who spends the majority of his time on vacation or on social media insulting anyone that disagrees with him.
At this point, I wish Trump would take more golf time if it kept him off the Tweet.

Old 12-21-2018, 01:54 PM

3,221 posts, read 1,738,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
Trump is a moron. Most people on food stamps already work but aren't paid a living wage (especially those working for Walmart, Amazon, McDonalds, etc). If they were paid a living wage maybe they wouldn't need food stamps. Ya think?

Those who can't work are the disabled, those who were injured on the job, laid off because of a business shutdown, elderly, women with young children, etc. But don't let the facts get in the way of good old fearmongering. Conservatives always need someone to hate.

That's what happens when you have media outlets like Fox News find the outlier random surfer dude who mooches off welfare, and plaster his story all over their station for days on end, to manufacture the existence of a widespread lazy-people-on-welfare problem.

It's amazing to me that (modern day) conservatives always seek to pin the lion's share of our country's problems on those are most down on their luck in life.

Old 12-21-2018, 02:03 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,845,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
Trump is a moron. Most people on food stamps already work but aren't paid a living wage (especially those working for Walmart, Amazon, McDonalds, etc). If they were paid a living wage maybe they wouldn't need food stamps. Ya think?

Those who can't work are the disabled, those who were injured on the job, laid off because of a business shutdown, elderly, women with young children, etc. But don't let the facts get in the way of good old fearmongering. Conservatives always need someone to hate.
There are people who can work and won't. They receive food stamps, not to mention other benefits, while driving cars newer and nicer than those who work and don't receive food stamps. They also buy junk food, prepared food and waste the money that the taxpayers are paying for their meals.

Yes, there are some mentally disabled who are needy. They need someone to manage their money. They also need help with food stamps.

There are many who abuse the system and that needs to stop.

I have had more than one Walmart employ/cashier tell me that Walmart treats them good. No lie.

Lack of ambition is a big problem and people need to be motivated to work. Being able to earn money for food so you can eat and live is a great motivator.

If not, likely it's because you are abusing the food stamps.

Old 12-21-2018, 02:07 PM

1,261 posts, read 567,868 times
Many on SNAP are showing poor on papers only when in fact many are wealthy

Old 12-21-2018, 02:11 PM

19,642 posts, read 12,231,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmann View Post
Lie.

Old 12-21-2018, 02:26 PM

50,315 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Mr/Ms Mooch- Doctor, my back hurts. Bing. Food stamps, SSI, Medicaid, etc....permanently. I guess that is better for taxpayers than that 30.00 a week for food.
Just like with pain killers, they'll weed out the quack doctors doing it cause, I want to.

Old 12-21-2018, 03:37 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,845,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Lie.
Not a lie. Do you actually believe that FS, welfare, wick fraud doesn't exist in huge numbers?

Old 12-21-2018, 03:44 PM

19,642 posts, read 12,231,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The cap for this USDA proposed rule change is 49.
Trump endorsed the original farm bill changing it to age 59. This one is a compromise.

Recipients over 49 still have to sign up and accept employment if offered, they are just not subject to the stricter employment regulations of 18-49 year old group.

What is worse, these older unemployable people who were unable to qualify for ACA or afford individual health insurance are being kicked off Medicaid in many states, thanks to Dear Leader. And now, he is even screwing those states by changing rules about how employment hours are counted, making it more difficult for working people to qualify.

I don't know why they bother to keep the programs for individuals if they won't let people who need the help use it.

Old 12-21-2018, 03:49 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,730,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aridon View Post
Most on the program work or have worked and are elderly or are disabled.

It's one of those things that people think there is tons of fat when in reality it's a pretty lean program.

By all means, shovel another 50b to the war pig, I think I heard it fart. No questions asked there because **** people who needed to eat, moar penis shaped bullets and bombs!
Unless you are laying in bed, you are NOT disabled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies