Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2018, 08:19 AM

14,229 posts, read 4,596,290 times

Advertisements

the democrats/liberals/pro-illegal immigrant doesn't want a wall, but they also want these

1. Abolish ICE
2. Amnesty for illegals (DACA, PAPA)
3. No troops at the border
4. Catch-n-release
5. Sanctuary state laws

so let's not pretend the pro-illegal immigrant crowd is "not against the wall- if money weren’t an issue,"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2018, 08:22 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,192,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
I’ve seen a lot of excuses for not wanting the wall is the price tag. They say it’s a waste of tax payer money. Fair enough. But what if money or your taxes weren’t an issue and it was paid for by somebody else? Would you support it? Or would you still be against it because the more illegals, the better?
You do know that there are other possible reasons for being against it than the love of illegal immigrants, right? Oh actually no, you don't.

This really gets me about the right. They get a philosophical idea in their head like breaking law = bad. And then they skip all the way to the solution fed to them as if it is the only possible solution. In the case of illegal immigration, I would love it if someone would slow their roll and tell me what, exactly, the problem is? The supposed spending on illegal immigrants is a teeny, minuscule fraction of... anything. The supposed taking of our jobs is a fiction. (And if it weren't how about we solve that problem where it would work, with the employers who are HIRING illegal immigrants?? Oh no. Do we REALLY want the higher food costs that go with no illegal immigrants?) ONE illegal immigrant breaking a law, particularly a violent offense, is enough to cast all immigrants as criminals. The cost? Oh nothing important. Just humanitarianism. Just "“Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free." Yah nothing important.

The hypocrisy is mind numbing. Terrorism is largely by domestic agents. OH NO! That's not terrorism, no matter how many people died. The perp is WHITE dontcha know! Lone wolf! But borders! Terrorism. Cuz they don't act on commercial flights. The walk over the ****ing border with their weapons on their backs.

Old 12-21-2018, 08:33 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,501,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosilly View Post
Anyone that doesn't support the wall to keep invaders OUT, doesn't love their country. This is what helps make America the greatest country on the planet............OUR BORDERS.

Only the ignorant think otherwise.

There are more cost effective ways of reducing illegal immigration, examples:

1) Take the american employers of illegals to jail.
2) Do not allow their children to enroll in school or other benefits.
3) Do not allow banks to provide illegals credit or loans.

Old 12-21-2018, 09:47 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosilly View Post
Anyone that doesn't support the wall to keep invaders OUT, doesn't love their country. This is what helps make America the greatest country on the planet............OUR BORDERS.

Only the ignorant think otherwise.
These same people are OK with a foreign government's incursions into and manipulation of our elections. As long as they have a redundant cement monstrosity to point to they will feel warm and fuzzy. They have the geopolitical understanding of third graders.

Old 12-21-2018, 09:52 AM

5,731 posts, read 2,194,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
In addition to reasonable immigration reform, build away.
This. Why can’t Washington enact common sense policies on immigration reform? I really don’t think they want this problem solved, big money on both sides benefit too much. The average Joe will keep getting shafted

Old 12-21-2018, 09:57 AM

5,731 posts, read 2,194,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
There are more cost effective ways of reducing illegal immigration, examples:

1) Take the american employers of illegals to jail.
2) Do not allow their children to enroll in school or other benefits.
3) Do not allow banks to provide illegals credit or loans.
When you have states like a California that will ignore the law, hand out drivers licenses and provide sanctuary this is a fantasy solution. I agree with number 1 though. I think a barrier is also a deterrent along with sensible policies. A barrier likely would not be torn down once a different president takes office, the laws can be changed or ignored

Old 12-21-2018, 10:05 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,653,986 times
I’m not built to pick fruit and berries so no, not really feeling the wall.

Old 12-21-2018, 10:06 AM
Noc

1,435 posts, read 2,070,249 times
If someone else is going to pay for like promised yes.

Old 12-21-2018, 10:06 AM

62,961 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neon55 View Post
I'm for the wall if Mexico pays for it like Trump promised. Otherwise pound sand.

There was no plan on the table for Mexico to pay for wall back in 2006 when congress passed the wall bill. It was to be soley funded by the taxpayer. Were you also opposed to it back then?

Old 12-21-2018, 10:10 AM

62,961 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
I’m not built to pick fruit and berries so no, not really feeling the wall.

So you think that illegals aliens are only picking crops? Compare this to the costs of the wall and contrary to what is being falsely stated in here the good walls in place have been very effective in deterring illegal entry (numerous links provided in here).

Illegal Immigration a $113 Billion a Year Drain on U.S. Taxpayers | Federation for American Immigration Reform

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2018/12/12/walls-work
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies