Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2018, 12:18 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,822,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
He is not in the NFL.
Uh yes, I know this, that is why I said "NFL player"...reading comprehension is your friend, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I loathe discrimination of people based on lack of money, lack of good looks, lack of smarts - but I also loathe discrimination of people based on an abundance of those things. Just because football players make a lot of money doesn't mean they don't have a right to complain or be treated better. The NFL is a disgusting organization and I say this as a football fan.

LeBron is right, and he's making this statement even though his own family won't see him deteriorate mentally and physically the last forty years of his life.
Exactly how are NFL players treated worse than most other employees in the US? If anything, they are treated, far, far better than 99% of all employees in the US, compensated even more so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2018, 12:20 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,822,893 times
Quote:
Some folks here that think money equals equality need to stay out of the conversation. That shows you don't understand and can't relate.
Some folks think that money equals I get to do anything I want while employed, need to stay out of the conversation. This shows you do not understand and cannot relate.

Old 12-22-2018, 12:21 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Uh yes, I know this, that is why I said "NFL player"...reading comprehension is your friend, lol.

Exactly how are NFL players treated worse than most other employees in the US? If anything, they are treated, far, far better than 99% of all employees in the US, compensated even more so.
Exactly where did I make the statement that NFL players are treated worse than most other employees in the US, that you're asking this question?

Old 12-22-2018, 12:23 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
I always thought this business of trading and selling players was reminiscent of slavery. I mean how would you like it if your boss sold you to another company?

Old 12-22-2018, 12:26 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,508,721 times
Quote:
Some folks here that think money equals equality need to stay out of the conversation. That shows you don't understand and can't relate.
Well this certainly is confusing. We constantly hear that it's the people with all the money who hold all the power.

In any event, James has more than enough money (440 million) to dry his eyes. Unlike an actual slave, he has free will to go where he wants and do what he wants for a living.

Old 12-22-2018, 12:32 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,424,439 times
Quote:
Some folks think that money equals I get to do anything I want while employed, need to stay out of the conversation. This shows you do not understand and cannot relate.
Nonviolent protest and speaking about inequality is legal and a right. Your comment is not a fact just a misguided opinion. Again, you can't tell them to "Shut up and Dribble".They will and should continue to speak out and engage in peaceful protest. Not sorry if that makes you uncomfortable. That's a comprehension fact.

Old 12-22-2018, 12:35 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,424,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Well this certainly is confusing. We constantly hear that it's the people with all the money who hold all the power.

In any event, James has more than enough money (440 million) to dry his eyes. Unlike an actual slave, he has free will to go where he wants and do what he wants for a living.
I never said all people. Whoever says "all people" about anything should be questioned. He has the right to say whatever he wants regardless if it makes you feel uncomfortable. You are free not to listen or read his free speech and peaceful protest. That's the great thing about our country. Again, he has support. You aren't his target audience.

Old 12-22-2018, 12:42 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,508,721 times
Quote:
I never said all people. Whoever says "all people" about anything should be questioned. He has the right to say whatever he wants regardless if it makes you feel uncomfortable. You are free not to listen or read his free speech and peaceful protest. That's the great thing about our country. Again, he has support. You aren't his target audience.
1) I never said that you said "all people". I question why you claim that I did. You quoted my post even - where did I say that?

2) I absolutely support his right to say whatever he likes - and I'm not uncomfortable about it at all.

3) You seem to hold James' right to an opinion in much higher regard than anyone who may disagree with him. See your reply to me. It's rife with suppositions based on everything BUT anything that I've actually said.

4) You have no idea what "audience" I am. See #3 again.

Old 12-22-2018, 12:55 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
Entertianment has the value in which a customer will pay.

I said his "sister" league, the NFL.

Why is he only mentioning the NFL and no other industry? It is because he works in the industry, sports, that is why. If he does not like certain aspects of the industry are, he can leave it.

So, there are no whites, nor men in the NFL? What problem in the NFL? That they need to obey the rules of the employer? Why does he not criticize other industries that are far, far more restrictive on its employees, and pay only a fraction of what the NFL players make?
Yet, Democraps ***** about how much a CEO is paid.

Old 12-22-2018, 12:56 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,300,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Like I said, they are not productive. They don’t produce jack squat but they are paid in millions.

They should not be paid more than a janitor.
Millions upon millions of people pay to watch entertainment, no one pays to watch a janitor, even though that is a needed service.

By the way pro athletes possess an extreme and rare talent. Some who make it in much of the entertainment industry such as music and acting has a lot to do with good pr, and being in the right place at the right time, and not necessarily being the most talented.

On the other hand those making it in sports has everything to do with being the best. Heck of those that play sports in their youth through HS, only about 7 or 8 percent will be talented enough to play college sports at any level.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies