Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which BEST describes your position?
Every firearms enthusiast is a gun nut 4 3.48%
Most firearms enthusiasts are gun nuts 3 2.61%
Some firearms enthusiasts are gun nuts 8 6.96%
Very few firearms enthusiasts are gun nuts 10 8.70%
I have no opinion either way 8 6.96%
Very few gun control proponents are gun grabbers 11 9.57%
Some gun control proponents are gun grabbers 11 9.57%
Most gun control proponents are gun grabbers 46 40.00%
Every gun control proponent is a gun grabber 14 12.17%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2020, 03:04 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,187,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Many Democrats have openly said they would confiscate guns if they could.
I would hover in mid-air if I could. I think some Democrats said that about some guns, like Beto on black rifles. Obama never said anything like that and stated that more gun control legislation was not a legislative priority for him. Yet the NRA still forecasted doom and gloom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2020, 05:56 PM

2,771 posts, read 2,304,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Define "gun nut".
That's a patriot who goes into a blind panic when the NRA claims, with little support or evidence, that certain politicians are "likely" to be "eroding your cherished Second Amendment RIGHTS" and will be "cummin' for your guns," causing them to run out and buy even more AR-15s to add to the dozen or so they already have in their gun safe, still in their boxes.

Old 01-05-2020, 06:45 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,187,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette Ministries View Post
That's a patriot who goes into a blind panic when the NRA claims, with little support or evidence, that certain politicians are "likely" to be "eroding your cherished Second Amendment RIGHTS" and will be "cummin' for your guns," causing them to run out and buy even more AR-15s to add to the dozen or so they already have in their gun safe, still in their boxes.
What's worse is the effect of some of the NRA's rhetoric on the impressionable. Remember "The Fisher King". Well, based on what the NRA said, a dude in Pittsburgh was convinced that the feds were coming to take his guns. Result? Three policemen dead in a shootout.

"Gunman Kills 3 Pittsburgh Police Officers

April 4, 2009 / 4:49 PM / CBS/AP

A man opened fire on officers during a domestic disturbance call Saturday morning, killing three of them, a police official said.

Police Chief Nate Harper says the motive for Saturday's shooting isn't clear. Friends say the gunman recently had been upset about losing his job and that he feared the Obama administration was poised to ban guns."
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/gunman-...lice-officers/

So the NRA's fearmongering is not without danger to this society.

Old 01-25-2020, 05:27 AM

2,771 posts, read 2,304,565 times
Default Half of C-D pollers speak! Gun control = gun grabbing

As of this morning with 84 votes so far in my poll, 50% say that Most or Every gun control proponent is a gun grabber (32 and 10.)

About seven percent say Most or Every firearms enthusiast is a gun nut.

I wonder if C-D voters speak for America.

Old 03-09-2024, 05:26 PM

18,742 posts, read 7,613,748 times
One difference between "gun nuts" and "gun grabbers" is that:

1.) A "gun nut" harms no one, violates no one's rights, and disobeys no laws that the U.S. Constitution permits governments to make.

2. A "gun grabber" by definition wants to take away normal people's right to keep and bear arms, arrests them when they disobey what the gun grabber feels is right, leaves them defenseless against criminals who want to harm them. And they do most of this by making laws that the U.S. Constitution forbids them to make.

Old 03-09-2024, 05:35 PM

By the way. I have several hammers and saws of various sizes in the little shop in my garage. I chose them carefully for their usefulness, longevity, and effectiveness. I could probably tell you what make about half of them are. And I bought them without the least worry that I (or someone) could use them to inflict injury or death upon my fellow men.

Those of you who feel government should restrict my ownership or usage of firearms, do you also feel government should restrict my ownership or usage of saws and hammers?

IOW, am I a "gun nut? Am I a "hammer or saw nut"?

Old 03-09-2024, 06:07 PM

11,161 posts, read 7,967,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
What is a "gun nut"?
It’s a term anti-gunners use to describe gun owner enthusiasts.

Old 03-10-2024, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
It’s a term anti-gunners use to describe gun owner enthusiasts.
A carefully designed and slanted pejorative crafted by those who oppose normal people's right to own and carry guns. Mostly because if the anti-gun-rights try to argue logically that the country is better off with government controlling whop can own a gun and who can't, they lost the argument every time. So they must resort to fear, ignorance, and hysteria instead.

Old 03-10-2024, 03:41 PM

23,561 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyman at jewel lake View Post
what is a "gun nut"?
exactly!!!!!

Old 03-11-2024, 10:09 AM

7,511 posts, read 4,355,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
A carefully designed and slanted pejorative crafted by those who oppose normal people's right to own and carry guns. Mostly because if the anti-gun-rights try to argue logically that the country is better off with government controlling whop can own a gun and who can't, they lost the argument every time. So they must resort to fear, ignorance, and hysteria instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies