Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2018, 05:41 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,087,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Utter nonsense and lies! Trump was never offered the $25 billion in one lump sum in exchange for the
DACAs. Why do you keep twisting this? Trump was willing to give them the DACAs if they gave him the $25 billion all at once not over a 10 year period which could be voted down with a new president down the line, especially if they were a Democrat.

He has had protypes built. He will choose which one works best. It could be a solid wall or a see through one. He is leaning towards a steel post one with spikes on the top. How can you say he isn't interested in border security when he campaigned on it and has been fighting for it every since he took office? He even let the government shut down over it. He has to take an inferior deal to prove it now? It just goes to show how strongly he wants it when he's not going to settle for what won't completely secure the border for years!

We already tried this high tech stuff a few years ago and we had to scrap it because it had so many flaws in it. It was a waste of our tax dollars. You're not really well informed on this issue, are you?

Maybe if the actions of the Dems spoke louder than their words then we'd believe that they don't essentially want open borders.

there have been many persons in written and televised media enumerating what us more effective than just a wall which CANNOT BE PLACED REALISTCALLY ALONG THE ENTIRE BORDER. Security must have a concise plan with accurate estimated-cost--LOSE THE PARTISAN APPROACH AND STUDYING TOTAL EFFECTIVE BORDER SECURITY POR FAVOR!

Old 12-23-2018, 05:50 PM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
What does hatred and bigotry have to do with wanting a secure border to help prevent illegal entry? Shouldn't we all want that no matter if we are a rightie or a leftie? There is no better way to deter illegal entry than with a good physical barrier.

Old 12-23-2018, 05:52 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,147,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
What does hatred and bigotry have to do with wanting a secure border to help prevent illegal entry? Shouldn't we all want that no matter if we are a rightie or a leftie? There is no better way to deter illegal entry than with a good physical barrier.
Because democrats still think “illegals” are a race.

Old 12-23-2018, 06:14 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
It's obvious the Democrats care more about fiscal responsibility than the Republicans do.

Ever notice how every time the GOP is in control they blow a hole in the budget? Every, single, time.

Conservatives should just shut up about fiscal responsibility. It makes you look stupid that you are unaware of how un-fiscally responsible your own party is.

Sorry but Democrats gave up all claims to caring about fiscal responsibility when they idly stood by while Obama doubled over 230 years worth of combined debt from every previous administration since George Washington.

Old 12-23-2018, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Because democrats still think “illegals” are a race.

Even if that were true what race has a right to enter our country illegally?
Actually, thinking that a particular race should be above our immigration laws and rewarded for breaking them is racism within itself. They have the racist hat on the wrong heads.

Old 12-23-2018, 06:20 PM

2,956 posts, read 2,343,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Sorry but Democrats gave up all claims to caring about fiscal responsibility when they idly stood by while Obama doubled over 230 years worth of combined debt from every previous administration since George Washington.
You mean after Georgie started two wars and cooked to books to push costs to future years? The same George Bush that was sitting on the throne and pushed massive tax cuts through the system and we had a major recession. That time period right?

You know, deficits and recessions go hand in hand. Responsible economics.

Obama had the deficit around half of what Trumps will be and Trump inherited a good economy. Heck, that is all we heard about for the last year. Then proceeded to dump a ton of stimulus on it for no reason other than "i have to do something because it was good under Obama if I don't he can take credit"

So anything that comes is on Trump, his over spending and his ridiculous tariffs and other manic episodes.

Old 12-23-2018, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
Oldglory,

I accept your point on the $25b. I am just tired of the ridicule leveled at the Left because the left adopts strange positions like

Multicultural acceptance is good
Empowering women is good
LGBT deserve rights too
Health care for as many as possible is better than no healthcare

And no

Abortion is not going to be made illegal again.

I see the wall fight as not really being about the wall at all. Rather it is a fight by the GOP to hold to core supporters who are very much against some of the values expressed by the Left.

Well, then you are very wrong. The wall fight has nothing to do with any of the other things you mentioned so don't even try to make them related. The wall is to protect all of us whether we be straight, gay, man, woman and regardless of our skin color or race.

There are differing opinions on the right about the other issues you mentioned and everyone has a right to their opinion and the right to seek legislation for or against any of these issues.

I for one don't think a multicultural society is a particularly good thing because that creates culture clash, language barriers and division. As for race I don't care what race one is. There is no clash there for me.

I have no problem with equal rights for women either.

I have no problem with gays I just don't believe in a traditional marriage for them but a civil union instead. I have some gay friends and they are very nice people.

I'm pro-life, sorry.

Old 12-23-2018, 06:35 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Trump was offered $25 billion for additional border security. He didn't take it because he would have to make a deal for DACA, even though both Dems and Republicans agreed on it. He wants a solid wall so he can point to it and say it's his wall. He couldn't care less about border security. If he did, he would take whatever money was available and put it toward technology and whatever else has been suggested to him to enhance border security. There is not a Dem out there who wants open borders and illegals pouring in.

No, he was willing to deal on DACA. He didn't take it because it didn't include an end to chain migration and an end to the visa lottery. He included the deal on DACA and an end to chain migration and an end to the visa lottery in his proposal, which was defeated:

https://fox17online.com/2018/02/15/s...nd-trumps-too/

Old 12-23-2018, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Wrong, Trump repeatedly said Mexico will pay for the wall. Not tax payers will pay for the wall and Mexico will pay us back through better deals. Do we need to post all the videos of Trump saying who will pay for the wall?

Trump never said how they'd pay for it one way or another initially so what are you talking about? He also didn't say they'd write a check for it. See how that works?

Why are you still harping about this when I've discussed this with you many times in detail? "Polly wanna cracker"? Squawk, squawk.

Do I need to keep asking you and yours why you weren't harping about the taxpayer having to soley fund it back in 2006 when the wall bill was passed? Do I need to repeat once again the cost effectiveness of having to do so and how the good walls are a huge deterrant to illegal entry?

Why don't you just admit you don't want the wall because of a personal agenda?

Old 12-23-2018, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
there have been many persons in written and televised media enumerating what us more effective than just a wall which CANNOT BE PLACED REALISTCALLY ALONG THE ENTIRE BORDER. Security must have a concise plan with accurate estimated-cost--LOSE THE PARTISAN APPROACH AND STUDYING TOTAL EFFECTIVE BORDER SECURITY POR FAVOR!

Why are you screaming in caps? There is no current plan to have a wall on the entire border and hasn't been for some time now. Trump changed his mind on that long ago and well he should have. Where have you been? The wall approved by congress back in 2006 was to be only for 700 miles along the most porous areas of our border but it was never funded nor built according to specs. Trump wants this promise completed. Wanting a secure border should never be a partisan thing it should be something all Americans want regardless of their party affiliation.

Por favor? Hmm, kind of a tell all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies