Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2018, 06:37 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Wrong, Trump repeatedly said Mexico will pay for the wall. Not tax payers will pay for the wall and Mexico will pay us back through better deals. Do we need to post all the videos of Trump saying who will pay for the wall?
Trump never said that Mexico would just give us the money. If he did, please show me the quote. He said Mexico would "pay" for the wall. There are many ways, and many vehicles in which to "PAY" for something. Think outside the box, or maybe just be a Trump hater, and CLOSE MINDED. The savings we will see, and better trade deals that Trump is negotiating will PAY for the wall. We have tremendous leverage over Mexico. They NEED us, we don't need them.

Old 12-24-2018, 06:57 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,771,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Trump never said that Mexico would just give us the money. If he did, please show me the quote. He said Mexico would "pay" for the wall. There are many ways, and many vehicles in which to "PAY" for something. Think outside the box, or maybe just be a Trump hater, and CLOSE MINDED. The savings we will see, and better trade deals that Trump is negotiating will PAY for the wall. We have tremendous leverage over Mexico. They NEED us, we don't need them.
Me first childish maga mentality in a nutshell.

Old 12-24-2018, 07:02 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Quote:
Hmm. Thanks. I am going to think outside of the box when it comes time to "pay" my mortgage. There's got to be a better way than what I am doing now - just sending the money to the bank. Sorry, your semantic lift and reasoning on what "pay" really means are utterly absurd.

And FWIW, we do need them. We do not have the population needed to produce the goods and services our immensely wealthy nation demands. We all need each other in the global economy of the 21st century. We all derive benefits from our association.

Old 12-24-2018, 07:24 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,294,358 times
Tweet from Ron Brownstein:

Quote:
In latest @CNN poll, share in each group that supports building #borderwall if Mexico does not pay: 18-34, 23%; 35-49, 35%; college+ whites, 30%; independents, 32%; non-whites, 22%. All the groups that powered Dem mid-term win overwhelmingly oppose wall, esp w/out Mexico $.
The same groups that fueled the D takeover of the House in 2018, and the same groups that place Trump in a precarious position in 2020, assuming he actually runs for re-election.

Old 12-24-2018, 07:26 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,225,328 times
Quote:
Next time you go to the Grocery Store and start choosing vegetables and fruits, maybe it might awaken you to how much you need Mexican and Central American People..... because its a fact that working poor and poor whites are not going to take the jobs to work picking and packing these produce, and one might want to pay attention to where the imported vegetables and fruits come from...... and this is only one variable of things among the many many things that Mexicans and Central American people contribute to the functioning of America.

Right Winger's continue to demonstrate how they will take anything for granted until it comes time for them to do it for themselves; which is something they are not going to do.
America has seen 100's of years of that gluttonous disrespectful mentality... that is consumed in vanity and hoarding something.

Old 12-24-2018, 07:32 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Smile Trump is the Father of Lies

PEÑA NIETO:
... You have a very big mark on our back, Mr. President, regarding who pays for the wall. This is what I suggest, Mr. President – let us stop talking about the wall. I have recognized the right of any government to protect its borders as it deems necessary and convenient. But my position has been and will continue to be very firm saying that Mexico cannot pay for that wall.

Individual 1:
But you cannot say that to the press. The press is going to go with that and I cannot live with that. ...

Trump tries to get Mexico to lie and leave Americans with the false impression that Mexico will pay for the wall. Trump continues at this point to lie to his followers about it.

“Perception is more important than reality. If someone perceives something to be true, it is more important than if it is in fact true. ... "
Ivanka Trump

Old 12-24-2018, 07:38 AM

43,663 posts, read 44,393,687 times
I am against the government shutdown. There must be another way of insuring border security without shutting down the government.

Old 12-24-2018, 07:41 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Over two-thirds of Americans polled don't think the border wall is a priority.

Poll: 69% of Americans Think Trump's Wall Isn't a Priority | Fortune

I suspect most agree that this whole shutdown is a made-up crisis.

Old 12-24-2018, 07:46 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
As to tap dancing around what "pay" means, get real.

Old 12-24-2018, 07:51 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Over two-thirds of Americans polled don't think the border wall is a priority.

Poll: 69% of Americans Think Trump's Wall Isn't a Priority | Fortune

I suspect most agree that this whole shutdown is a made-up crisis.
Im not contesting the results of the poll, but what I will say, is that the problem with many polls is the verbiage.

Many are absolutely designed to generate a specific result.
For example: If you were told that the wall which is estimated to cost 16 billion dollars will actually cost 60 billion, would you be:1 Very in favor, 2 somewhat in favor 3 neutral, 4 somewhat against or very against?

I can go on and on but most surveys and polls I have participated in are done as such. They dont allow the respondent to really reply what they actually feel or to question the veracity of the statement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies